1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 63 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2012 3:13 AM by Tactical_Power Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: Why lag comp is outdated and should be removed.

Moorningstar wrote:

allows the players to control their gaming experience.

Only thing I want in MP

• 51. Re: Why lag comp is outdated and should be removed.
    Moorningstar

Your still missing the point about hitmarkers.  Its not about how many it takes, its about shooting bullets directly through an opponent at close range and NOT getting hit markers.

There are two things you need to keep in mind about leading your target.  One what seems like it should only be  a few feet in the game is actually 5 meters, the distances are adjusted so they can have smaller maps.  Two the game has bullet speeds.  If your sniping with a sniper rifle you wont need to adjust, but if your using an assualt rifle or SMG you will.  Also you have to lead people for throwing weapons.  If bullets dont exist then why can I see them?

A, I'm not complaining about being shot through walls.  As mentioned I've done it.  I do tend to complain (in game) when Ive traveled a few feet behind cover and then die to someone I should have been protected from, but no one in this entire thread has complained about that.  Everyone understands that there is a delay there.  My issue is what I have termed 'host screwing' to try and avoid the issues with that article claiming that adjusting the lag for the host is not lag comp.

The article DOES say that what the host sees is what should be happening.  Thats where the client vs server terms came in.  The game is happening on the server, so what it shows is what you get.  Does it match up with what you saw?  Nope mainly due to bad prediction algorithms and lag.

As to your connection I now see.  There arn't that many playing in Australia (per lights on map and some friends I have there).  So you end up with rooms populated by geographically diverse areas.  I'll bet money that when you have 4 bars and do well you are NOT the host.  Hell I do great with 4 bars as long as I'm not the host.  I just had a 19 and 1 with three bars.  My complaint is with how the host gets screwed.

And you still havn't given me your ISP.  Makes me wonder if you actually have any idea how these things really work when you can't give this simple piece of information.

I'm in Tucson AZ, I have a 1 up with 7 down connection.  My ISP is century link.

• 52. Re: Why lag comp is outdated and should be removed.
    Godotpwn

I didn't give my ISP? Are you joking?

Considering the fact that I made this chart:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3670/blackopsiiweaponstatist.png

I'm quite certain I know how far a few feet is in the game world. And you are wrong about bullet speeds plain and simple. There are no bullets in this game. Show me a video or picture from any COD game where you can physically see a bullet. Throwing weapons/RPGs are not bullets and yes they do have travel time, I made this distinction in my previous message.

I never said you were complaining about being shot through walls, I was simply stating the fact that it occurs. The occurance of this is a result of lag compensation. You seem to just cover the cause for this as "lag" without realising that without lag comp, this problem would not occur.

The host is the client that runs all the number crunching. The host has the least lag, but does not have zero to the other players he is connected to. This makes no sense. Its like saying, I am 200 metres away from you but you are 0 metres away from me. Impossible.

I get perfect hitmarkers when I am host, 100% of the time. Host has the best connection out of all players.

• 53. Re: Why lag comp is outdated and should be removed.

says the guy with a 6 mb connection and a 2.0 kdr

• 54. Re: Why lag comp is outdated and should be removed.

Let's get this right, you think 10 multiplied by 1000 is one million?

If you can't understand basic terminology, how can you possibly hope to understand complicated topics like network code?

• 55. Re: Why lag comp is outdated and should be removed.
    crosby85

where exactly doe he say that?

• 56. Re: Why lag comp is outdated and should be removed.
    IndyOldGuy

ok where does the frame stuttering/rubberbanding/freeze frame,  come into play, I get alot of that!!

• 57. Re: Why lag comp is outdated and should be removed.

He posted that

"The breakdown for seconds.  Tenth seconds is .1   Hundredths is .01  Thousandths is .001  Millionths is .0001

50 millisecons is 50 millions of a second, or 5 thousandths which is .005"

Pease re-read that and tell me it makes one iota of sense.

• 58. Re: Why lag comp is outdated and should be removed.
    Godotpwn

It makes sense if you work under the incorrect assumption that a millisecond corresponds to a millionth of a second

• 59. Re: Why lag comp is outdated and should be removed.
    crosby85

O right I hadn't seen this post thanks for showing me, he was only one additional sum off lol....

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next