34 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 7:48 AM by Vlad146 RSS

Is it just me or is BO2 not as fun as the others. Feedback please, and be mature about it.

So I posted in this forum yesterday for the first time ever. My initial post was abot the lag, i found a way to fix my lag problem. The game runs fine now, however, I`m just now realizing that the lag wasnt quite the source of my discontent. I've been playing this game lretty much all day, I'm getting decent kills and generally doing well in the game but,fr some reason, I'm still not finding this game very fun xompared to the other COD installments. Am I the only one wanting to take BO2 out and pop in MW3 or even BO1??? This game just doesnt seem to give me that "rise" that I've felt while playing the others. I'm being completely honest here, I'm a HUGE Call of Duty fan. I'd say a "diehard" but I have enough sense to admit when I'm dissatisfied with something. I cant quite put my finger on why I'm not enjoying this game as much as I have the others. The campaign is awesome, Zombies is still pretty cool despite being more of the same but the multiplayer just doesnt get my blood going. Anyone feel the same? Preferably gamers that are nt having issues with lag or Nuketown or anything else, please.

• Re: Is it just me or is BO2 not as fun as the others. Feedback please, and be mature about it.

Forgive me for any missed letters and words. I'm posting from my phone

• Re: Is it just me or is BO2 not as fun as the others. Feedback please, and be mature about it.
    squirrelness

This is easily my favorite CoD yet.  I have issues with lag every once in a while, but NOTHING like I had in MW3.  In MW3 I felt as if I was being penalized for having good/great internet....heck, my wife stopped playing it in June because of this....but with this game....minus an odd game here or there....I don't feel 'cheated' very often when I die.  Most every time it was an honest death.

But what really makes me enjoy this game is that it rewards those who play the objective.  I play HC CTF and it's nice to be rewarded for helping the team win.  My last game of the night tonight was a lobby full of one clan...and then me, haha...and I ended up coming in third on my team and third overall in the lobby with a score of 5,000+ points that I NEVER would have got on MW3 playing HC KC or on the original HC CTF on BO.  Not only did they do things right so to speak by rewarding those who play the objective, but it also discourages those who used to farm kill in the objective modes to run up their stats.

Anyway, enough rambling.  This game has its faults (as all games do), but I am enjoying the hell out of playing it.

I seem to be the opposite. I've been playing CoD multiplayer since CoD3 and I'm pretty sure I've had the most fun on this game out of all of 'em. The only ones I've really enjoyed to an extent were Blops1 and CoD4; others were just too noob-friendly and/or imbalanced to my liking. This game just tops it though, I haven't really been disappointed at all. I get where your coming from, though. The pace of the game is definitely not like any of the others and it takes some getting used to. Honestly, at first I didn't think this game was too great but once I got used to everything it's been smooth from then on.

I agree about the objective play. I was getting score streaks the entire time in Confirmed and Hardpoint, sometimes withouteven really doing much. Setting the VSAT and defensive scorestreaks seriously help with scoring more points and thus more scorestreaks. I found a review that pretty much sums up what I think.

http://gamerxchange.net/2012/11/16/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-too-much-change-rev iew/

I've been playing since COD1 in 2003, this is the most fun I've had in a COD game since COD4 (2 possibly) I'm not having many issues and I'm really enjoying it.

cwatz

BO2 isn't as fun as the others.  Even if I didn't think the game was awful that would still be the case.

In other cods, when you killed someone, usually you really earned it.  Outgunned them, outplayed them, usually there was skill involved.  When you see your hard work pay off, it feels good.  In this game mindless spraying or a better connection reigns supreme.  You dont really earn anything.

Also the pace is ridiculous.  When all you see is non stop action, it becomes as normal as breathing.  There is no excitement, its just the norm.  Also everyones always on radar.  Compare that to other games where you could probably hunt and outmaneover the other team.  There was always a suspenseful feeling.

cwatz wrote:

BO2 isn't as fun as the others.(opinion)  Even if I didn't think the game was awful that would still be the case.(no it wouldnt, its just your opinion)

In other cods, when you killed someone, usually you really earned it (its exactly the same ******* game).  Outgunned them, outplayed them, usually there was skill involved(there still is skill involved).  When you see your hard work pay off, it feels good.  In this game mindless spraying or a better connection reigns supreme(not true, its your comfort blanket because you suck).  You dont really earn anything.

Also the pace is ridiculous(play bf3 or counterstrike for slow pace).  When all you see is non stop action, it becomes as normal as breathing(this is an arcade fps).  There is no excitement, its just the norm.  Also everyones always on radar(PROTIP:- shoot down radar with a rocket launcher).  Compare that to other games where you could probably hunt and outmaneover the other team(you still can, use ghost and supressor, or shoot down radar).  There was always a suspenseful feeling.(i cant comment on your feelings)

cwatz

You are a moron.

Play on 3 bars, then play on a good 4 bar.  Tell me there isn't a significant difference in how you perform.  The constant close quarters and instakill nature of the game often means whoever sees who first, or shoots first wins.

Pace isn't just "fast" or "slow".  BO1 was still a very fast paced shooter, despite being the slower in the cod series.

Id go through the rest of this, but quite frankly I dont feel like typing an essay.

cwatz wrote:

Also everyones always on radar.

I'm just gonna totally disregard all that other stuffs, 'cause you're just generalizing and I don't wanna get into it.

But ya, you do know there's numerous counters to UAV to the point where you can take down UAV in a second, plus that annoying phagsensor is gone.

cwatz

A) Ghost.  Cant ever stop moving, if you excercise caution at a chokepoint or a corner you will show up.

B) If you are in a high action area, you cant fire a launcher without dying.  Easy to do when you are sitting back, and I carry a launcher on every class and slaughter UAV's, so trust me I know.

Now the penalty.

Extremely small maps make showing up on the radar more significant.  More people are aware of your exact loacation and any potential areas you might move to.  That is not the case in other cods with much larger maps.

Also if you fire an unsilenced weapon, you are on the radar.  Ya you can equip a silencer, but the bottom line is that more people are on the radar more often, and its more significant.

cwatz wrote:

A) Ghost.  Cant ever stop moving, if you excercise caution at a chokepoint or a corner you will show up.

B) If you are in a high action area, you cant fire a launcher without dying.  Easy to do when you are sitting back, and I carry a launcher on every class and slaughter UAV's, so trust me I know.

Now the penalty.

Extremely small maps make showing up on the radar more significant.  More people are aware of your exact loacation and any potential areas you might move to.  That is not the case in other cods with much larger maps.

Also if you fire an unsilenced weapon, you are on the radar.  Ya you can equip a silencer, but the bottom line is that more people are on the radar more often, and its more significant.

Black Hat, Hunter Killer, Counter-UAV, Launchers, Ghost. I pull so many counter-uav's in a game it's not even funny; and when Im not doing a counter-uav set up I just take a split-second to bring one down with a black hat or just throw hunter killer. I hear "UAV has been destroyed" alot. I also use the enemie's UAV or firing an unsilenced weaon to my advantage by juking or tricking the enemy, thinking im gonna be at 1 spot and catch them naked.

And the small map thing, well thats just personal preference. I mean dude, CoD's style is not mean for big maps. This has been stated by a majority of the community as well as Treyarch being bettter map designers. Most of the maps aren't one-sided as to where (ie) point A has a bigger advantage over point B. Now the gunplay, well, there's decent recoil, if you actually compare the guns recoil in BO1 to 2, it's really not that different, the hitboxes are just bigger and BO1 recoil was pretty easy to control as well..

Now, you lost me on you're "skill cap" bit because MW2 and MW3 require the least amount of skill in all the CoD series fer sure due so many of the noob-friendly aspects.

I would've probably agreed with you saying that it takes less skill since you die faster at first when I got the game on release because I wasn't use to the pace of the game. Though, it actually takes more skill because you have to think more tactically due to you being able to die faster. Like playing hardcore mode but easier, right? And controlling recoil in CoD games is nothing to me compared to playing like CS or CF, so I don't even really factor it. I'm also surprised you didn't mention sway. Though, sway was only really  noticeable in CoD3 and 4 so it wouldn't compliment BO1.

Okay I'm done, back ta' bed

cwatz

Idle sway is actually a noob friendly mechanic.  It hurts skilled burst fire and often makes it just as beneficial to keep laying on the trigger.

Yes there are many counters to uavs and being on the radar.  Believe me, im a stealth player, I know.  My point is that its still more significant to gameplay this time around, and the small maps make the map or dots more important than ever.  Hell even ignoring that, the small sizes make enemy players see you kill their teammates more often.

BO2 doesn't need "big" maps, just bigger.  Treyarch has always made better maps and people know this.  So why did they change so drastically this time around?  Give me BO1 maps and ill have a big smile on my face. 

I could spend the rest of my life playing WMD and be happy.  It had the perfect balance of long/medium/short range encounters.  You could predict danger areas, where the enemy team was, flanking routes, the whole deal.

MW2 and 3, along with BO2 are the "noob friendly" games (and also why I hate all 3).

cwatz wrote:

Idle sway is actually a noob friendly mechanic.  It hurts skilled burst fire and often makes it just as beneficial to keep laying on the trigger.

Yes there are many counters to uavs and being on the radar.  Believe me, im a stealth player, I know.  My point is that its still more significant to gameplay this time around, and the small maps make the map or dots more important than ever.  Hell even ignoring that, the small sizes make enemy players see you kill their teammates more often.

BO2 doesn't need "big" maps, just bigger.  Treyarch has always made better maps and people know this.  So why did they change so drastically this time around?  Give me BO1 maps and ill have a big smile on my face. 

I could spend the rest of my life playing WMD and be happy.  It had the perfect balance of long/medium/short range encounters.  You could predict danger areas, where the enemy team was, flanking routes, the whole deal.

MW2 and 3, along with BO2 are the "noob friendly" games (and also why I hate all 3).

Idle sway clutches hard ADSing.

I honestly don't see that much of a difference in map design between the 2 and the "bigger" maps promote more headglitching, as you previously stated. I've honestly encountered more headglitching in BO1 2x over BO2 so far.

So, if you're gonna generalize and say BO2 is "noob friendly" sure, that's your opinion. Though, any good player will tell you otherwise. Dying faster =/= noob-friendly. Everything can be countered and there is no setup that is X times more advantageous then another.

cwatz

It clutches hard ADSing, but that doesn't make it increase the skill level of the game.

Not to be a prick here, but if you dont see much of a difference in the maps between the two games then you are insane.  I dont think ive seen a single person say BO1 and BO2 had similar maps.

Headglitching is far more common in this game.  Almost any high action area has them strategically placed by the devs.  Look at that one alley area in overflow.  They just tossed crap in there for people to sit in ADS and headglitch.

Good player?  I was top 10k in spm in BO dom with over a 3kd.  Ya its very subjective stats, but youd be hard pressed to make the arguement that I wasn't at least good.

Doesn't increase skill level but isn't noob-friendly, is what I was implying.

BO1 and 2 maps have the same general design, though, BO1 has more narrow and bigger maps atm. Ergo, there being more headglitching to more narrow areas with farther spawns. Such as that bridge on Jungle. Headlitching spots in the maps in BO2 usually have a counter spawn/easy flank such as Slums. Or, tactical insert being your best friend, taking out headglitching campers in a jiffy.

/edit The alley in Overflow is explosive friendly, regardless, you can headglitch on both sides so you aren't naked.

danielbondnz

Your not alone,  this game lacks the smooth fast and free movement like infinity ward games have.

They have made you move heavier when using assault rifles (not fun)

Treyarch for some reason always try to make their games more true to life than infinity ward,  and that's what makes them less fun.  I love how arcade infinity ward games are.

I actually snapped my disk today, of course I'll go buy it again next week,  but yea this is my least favorite in the series, almost as bad as bo1, I generally dislike Treyarchs involvement in the series.

RedRocketZA

I'm enjoying it. Still trying to get to grips with the game, and have moments of frustration and can feel overwhelmed if not stressed in some of the hectic close quarters gun fights etc.

But the game is something different than past COD's and having to figure out new ways to deal with opponents/gun fights/score streaks for me at least, is a challenge.

adw1983

Maps are overly thought-through and don't have a natural flow, but a constructed flow that takes a lot of time -- more than normal -- to learn.

You need to know where to stand, at all times you want to stand somewhere, to not have a random 50 meter sightline point to you from across the map while you're behind cover facing somewhere else.

Weapons are unbalanced:
    Use SMGs or low damage ARs -- both with laser accuracy.

Don't use high-power assault rifles, except the FAL.

Use the Ballista in the sniper class.

What else is there?

LMGs are good for camping, sure.

The rifles I WANT to use: SCAR-H (quality rifle IRL), SMR (quality rifle AFAIK) and SVU (quality rifle IRL even though it's russian) have a flavor that the FAL (medium-quality rifle) doesn't.
    They're western (except the dragunov) quality rifles, while the FAL is more like a european AK-variant chambering the 7.62 NATO. (Cheap manufacturing cost over quality in combat)

The fact that it uses the G3 (quality rifle) design doesn't help either.
    Had it been the G3, I would have used it... but... the flavor is ****.

There's NO maps where I can feel safe for a second.
    No place where I can be certain that an enemy CANNOT **** me from behind at absolutely ANY second.

Lag coupled with small maps causes hit-detection problems like I've not seen since hosting in Black Ops -- and MW2 versus americans before that.

===============

Fixes:
    Slow strafe speed down for everyone.

For SMGs when ADS, especially -- making the attachment better in the process.
    But nerf that speed too.

Quickdraw is way too good.
    It's basically stopping power all over again:
    In a face to face encounter, it reduces the time needed for a kill by two to three rounds for most weapons.

SMGs need a nerf: They can kill with ease on 100 meters range.
    MORE sway, FASTER sway and slightly more random recoil.

Rapid fire has always been a BS attachment; Reducing the time needed for a kill is always better than every other atachment.
    Quickdraw and rapid-fire become mandatory for any weapon that can use them, especially when going without a silencer, becoming the center of everyone's attention every time you squeeze the trigger.

SVU needs a serious buff; preferably faster ADS speed.
    It's a compact sniper rifle for a REASON!!!

SMR needs a decent buff.

The same rate of fire as FAL would suffice; It's recoil makes FAL better on most ranges anyway.

SCAR-H needs a decent buff:
    It is completely outperformed by Type 25 and AN94 (Both killing faster with less recoil), and is definetely worse than FAL, SWAT556, M8, MTAR and M27, too, only being on par with SMR.

Better maps in map packs, please.

adw1983 wrote:

Maps are overly thought-through and don't have a natural flow, but a constructed flow that takes a lot of time -- more than normal -- to learn.

You need to know where to stand, at all times you want to stand somewhere, to not have a random 50 meter sightline point to you from across the map while you're behind cover facing somewhere else.

Weapons are unbalanced:
      Use SMGs or low damage ARs -- both with laser accuracy.

Don't use high-power assault rifles, except the FAL.

Use the Ballista in the sniper class.

What else is there?

LMGs are good for camping, sure.

The rifles I WANT to use: SCAR-H (quality rifle IRL), SMR (quality rifle AFAIK) and SVU (quality rifle IRL even though it's russian) have a flavor that the FAL (medium-quality rifle) doesn't.
      They're western (except the dragunov) quality rifles, while the FAL is more like a european AK-variant chambering the 7.62 NATO. (Cheap manufacturing cost over quality in combat)

The fact that it uses the G3 (quality rifle) design doesn't help either.
      Had it been the G3, I would have used it... but... the flavor is ****.

There's NO maps where I can feel safe for a second.
      No place where I can be certain that an enemy CANNOT **** me from behind at absolutely ANY second.

Lag coupled with small maps causes hit-detection problems like I've not seen since hosting in Black Ops -- and MW2 versus americans before that.

===============

Fixes:
      Slow strafe speed down for everyone.

For SMGs when ADS, especially -- making the attachment better in the process.
      But nerf that speed too.

Quickdraw is way too good.
      It's basically stopping power all over again:
      In a face to face encounter, it reduces the time needed for a kill by two to three rounds for most weapons.

SMGs need a nerf: They can kill with ease on 100 meters range.
      MORE sway, FASTER sway and slightly more random recoil.

Rapid fire has always been a BS attachment; Reducing the time needed for a kill is always better than every other atachment.
      Quickdraw and rapid-fire become mandatory for any weapon that can use them, especially when going without a silencer, becoming the center of everyone's attention every time you squeeze the trigger.

SVU needs a serious buff; preferably faster ADS speed.
      It's a compact sniper rifle for a REASON!!!

SMR needs a decent buff.

The same rate of fire as FAL would suffice; It's recoil makes FAL better on most ranges anyway.

SCAR-H needs a decent buff:
      It is completely outperformed by Type 25 and AN94 (Both killing faster with less recoil), and is definetely worse than FAL, SWAT556, M8, MTAR and M27, too, only being on par with SMR.

Better maps in map packs, please.

The maps are easy so damn easy to learn, I don't get why it's so hard for you, bud. The weapons are fine.. I only think the B23R needs a little re-balance.

Slow strafe speed? Dude, just lrn2aim.

SVU is fine, like wth?

SMR has more damage each bullet then the FAL, definitely doesn't need a RoF buff.

SCAR is fine, it takes less bullets to kill then Type-25 and AN94.. that's why it has more recoil(which is easy to control)and less FR.

adw1983

The maps are easy to sprint around on with an SMG.

But try playing as an assault rifle user, shotgun user, LMG user or even dare to try to be a mobile sniper or designated marksman (not to be confused with quickscoper).

Short range: SMGs completely obliterate you

Medium range: SMGs completely obliterate you unless you are behind cover or wait for them with your weapon aimed down the sights.
        You depend on them making mistakes to win.
        That is horrible design:

"If he fails, you're allowed to win"

"If this dice rolls 1, 2 or 3 -- you lose, if it rolls 4, 5 or 6 -- you are ALLOWED to stand a chance to win using your skill."

By all means, every weapon should have a nichè.
        Shotguns: Close quarter surprise.

Sniper: The unseen threat on medium and long range, a scout and a marksman.

Assault rifles: Decent movement speed coupled with medium and short range capabilities.

Battle rifles: Decent movement speed coupled with medium and long range capabilities.

SMGs: Fast movement speed coupled with short range capabilites and agility; the ability to move fast even during shooting.

Extending the usefulness of SMGs to medium range, allowing them to be used on long range with impunity (vector, Chicom CQB)  breaks the game's back, because the maps are so small that SMGs are at an advantage in most places ingame already.

As for the SCAR-H:
        SWAT556 kills in 3 hits, with a faster rate of fire for the entire first burst, and can then get the 2 and 3rd bullet of the second burst out before the SCAR-H's 5th and 6th bullet.
        SCAR-H only beats the SWAT556 for 4 rounds fired, but loses to 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 9 rounds fired.

Nevermind that the SWAT556 is miles more accurate, and that the burst-fire allows you to aim dead center for each accurate burst, while the SCAR-H is unreliable fully automatic on 20 meters range because of the recoil.

On the longest ranges, the SCAR-H needs 5 hits to kill, while the SWAT556 is 4 hit kill on the same range.

AN94 kills in 3 hits, with 900 RPM for the second shot, then 600 RPM thereafter.

Burst-firing the AN94 manually will let you maintain a 650-700 rounds per minute fire rate.

It is more accurate than the SCAR-H to boot.

MTAR kills in 3 hits up to 15 meters, with 720 rounds per minute, with much greater accuracy.
        Compare to SCAR-H's 600 RPM and 3 hit kill up to ¨40 meters.

Type-25 fires at 900 RPM with greater accuracy, and needs 4 hits to kill -- killing equally fast on short and medium ranges, killing faster on longer ranges AND when assuming that your accuracy isn't 100%.

The M8's burst fire kills faster than the SCAR-H on short range, ignoring M8's 3 hit kill range and looking at M8's 4 hit kill ability on the same range as SCAR-H 3 hit kills.

With 100% accuracy versus your targets with both weapons, the M8 wins.
        With 80% accuracy, the M8 wins.
        With 70% accuracy, the M8 wins.
        Only with 5% accuracy with both weapons does the SCAR-H compete.

The M8's full auto fires at 900 RPM, once again blowing the SCAR-H out of the water and into space.

The one and only automatic assault rifle that doesn't blow the SCAR-H out of the water on short range is the M27 -- which is much, much better on longer ranges, but loses to SCAR-H in close range in the open.
        If both players have cover, the M27 wins because of accuracy on all ranges but 5 meters.

As for the SVU:

SVU takes 0.42 seconds to aim down the sights.
        The MTAR with quickdraw takes 0.13 seconds to aim down the sights, and can fire enough rounds to kill before the SVU-user has the time to even fire his first shot.
        And it needs two of them to kill, and only fires once per 0.17 seconds at manual fire --which means that you're likely to get 4 rounds per second.

For an SVU to kill someone you spot, it takes 0.59 seconds at best.
        For a Ballista to kill someone you spot, it takes 0.37seconds at best..

For an MTAR to kill someone you spot, it takes 0.30 seconds at best.

For a SCAR-H to kill someone you spot, it takes 0.33 seconds at best.

...Finally, the SMR with it's 450 rounds per minute cap: It takes 0.133 seconds to kill if you have PERFECT timing.
        Most likely, you will only manage to pull off 5 or 6 rounds per second with the SMR; 300-360 effective RPM.

The SWAT556 also kills in 0.133 seconds with one burst, and every single assault rifle in the game beats the SMR if you don't reach 7 rounds per second -- which is incredibly hard to do when you're limited by a low and invisible fire rate roof and not your ability to pull the trigger.

SMR and SCAR-H are the two least accurate assault rifles with the lowest rates of fire.

Look at older CoDs.
        SCAR-H from MW2 was accurate, but still wasn't used much, because of the ACR which was more accurate.

The M27 is much like the ACR from MW2, but the SCAR-H is nothing like the SCAR-H from MW2 -- it is much less accurate.

jessedart

good post man, I hope 3arc read what you typed here.

zingaa

At this point in time, I hate this game with a passion. Too campy and the lag comp just frustrates me to no end.. I've rage quit out of so many game thus far, simply for the fact of the lag issue. There will always be those group of players that don't play objective, but so far it's just horrible, dudes just running around worrying about their k/d while I'm dying trying to get B back, trying to shoot back but nothing happens.

I could play all other fps game for hours, but now I think the longest I've gone is an hour and back to NHL I go.

r33k

here is my take:

lag got WAY better yesterday once i logged on after work. like...significantly better. probably les scrubs playing, i dont know. but i'll take it.

in CTF mode, more people are learning to get rid of UAV spam. more people are talking. more people are playing the objective.

there are les n00bs running around with thier heads cut off.

there are less people NOT playing the objective

THIS IS WHAT MAKES IT FUN! PLAYING THE OBJECTIVE!

yesterday i was in a lobby where each team went double OT in CTF and it was DOWN TO THE WIRE with the enemy team killing our guy a mere 2 feet from the flag as the clock ran out! it was SUPER INTENSE and ALL players in the lobby where chatting after the match with eachother about it on both sides. THAT is the kind of COD i want to play.

as i presitge up (only level 2 for now) and use my permanent unlocks it gets better.

all of it combined is starting to shape this game into greatness and it will continue to get better as the playing community matures into good players when it comes to this release.

this was true of BLOPS1 as well. at first, it was bad. now...one of my all time faves and this will be too, in a few years.