23 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2012 1:15 AM by RuneRuler RSS

So how do you actually get in touch with these people?

So far I have been ignored on twitter, the forums and support tickets.

 

Whether I`m civil or vile does not seem to matter. No response what so ever.

 

Im not just spewing bile either, I`m asking for help and support.

 

I have been gaming since C64 was the coolest rig in town, and I have never in my life, in any industry seen such blatant disregard for your own customer base.

 

Are these guys for real? Have they grown so big they can afford to keep this up?

 

(Thank GOD i have sold my stock in Activision)

 

How you can run a business this way in this day and age is for me incomprehensible.

 

I`m not mad anymore, I`m just shocked  - feel free to release more versions of this 13 year old game and bring on the DLC - I REALLY want to do repeat buiseness with you guys!

 

PS  - Keep in mind, the guys who made you rich on the PC platform a decade ago, and still play the PC games, now have children and are the decision makers on who gets what for Christmas, birthdays and so on.

 

There will be console stuff given away, but not anything with a Treyarch, Activision or Infinity Ward logo on it.

 

Since I can no longer ban the cheaters in your games, I`m banning you.

 

What do you expect ?

  • Re: So how do you actually get in touch with these people?
    kawz

    Relax, they can't possibly respond to every tweet or forum post. 

     

    Just know that they look at every problem report.

     

    Vile threats and posts will be ignored, be sure of that.

    • Re: So how do you actually get in touch with these people?

      I have about 15 different attemts so far across 3 channels, and not one response.

       

      Im currently trying to get help via gaming websites and publications - If one of them would pick up and verify its a common problem, it would make sure the effort is put forward to allocate the neccesary staff.

       

      I do think they can afford it, it only seems they choose not to.

  • Re: So how do you actually get in touch with these people?
    Foxhound-Pro

    I looked to see if you had any support or game issue threads and I couldn't find any. What exactly is your issue?

    • Re: So how do you actually get in touch with these people?

      One of my questions posted to support, and as of yet not answered is:

       

      How do I swap guns with mousewheel, with no access to the dvar weponcycledelay or the ability to bind to a weaponslot:

       

      because the mouse will send several consecutive commands to the game if you move it more then one "notch" which is almost bound to happen.

       

      Thus the game gets 2 weapon swap orders ( or more ) within a fraction of a second, and nothing will happen.

       

      The gunswap animation will just stutter, but no gun will be swapped.

       

       

      This is an ancient problem in Quake 3 engines, and the Dvar to fix it is called "weaponcycledelay"

       

      This dvar prohibits the engine from processing a command twice within a set time limit, to avoid unintentional duplications of a cmd.

       

      ALTERATIVLY you could bind the mousewheel to weapon slots, as there is no issue swapping rapidly from slot one TO slot one.

       

      SO I could have fixed this myself in 20 seconds IF I could get access to the cfg file.

       

      Now I Have to spend weeks on emails and tickets to explain a basic issue, present in this game and solved for 13 years already.

       

      Thank you for trying foxhound.

  • Re: So how do you actually get in touch with these people?

    Basically you don't...

     

    The moment they are aware you are a PC gamer they simply add you to their ignore lists.

     

    They literally don't give a rats *** about PC gamers. Their singular goal is to lessen the appeal of the PC version in order to force people over to Xbox... Once they get PC sales low enough to justify it they will stop releasing CoD on PC, which will make consoles the ONLY way to play...

     

    3 simple facts to always keep in mind.

     

    1) Activision has all sorts of "deals" with Microsoft regarding the Call of Duty franchise.

    2) Xbox users MUST PAY Microsoft in order to play CoD multiplayer (the #1 reason to buy any CoD title)

    3) The more people Activision get to switch from PC to Xbox, the more money Microsoft is making...

    • Re: So how do you actually get in touch with these people?
      kawz

      Matchmakingfails wrote:

       

      Basically you don't...

       

      The moment they are aware you are a PC gamer they simply add you to their ignore lists.

       

      They literally don't give a rats *** about PC gamers. Their singular goal is to lessen the appeal of the PC version in order to force people over to Xbox... Once they get PC sales low enough to justify it they will stop releasing CoD on PC, which will make consoles the ONLY way to play...

       

      3 simple facts to always keep in mind.

       

      1) Activision has all sorts of "deals" with Microsoft regarding the Call of Duty franchise.

      2) Xbox users MUST PAY Microsoft in order to play CoD multiplayer (the #1 reason to buy any CoD title)

      3) The more people Activision get to switch from PC to Xbox, the more money Microsoft is making...

       

      All false.

      • Re: So how do you actually get in touch with these people?

        kawz wrote:

         

        Matchmakingfails wrote:

         

        Basically you don't...

         

        The moment they are aware you are a PC gamer they simply add you to their ignore lists.

         

        They literally don't give a rats *** about PC gamers. Their singular goal is to lessen the appeal of the PC version in order to force people over to Xbox... Once they get PC sales low enough to justify it they will stop releasing CoD on PC, which will make consoles the ONLY way to play...

         

        3 simple facts to always keep in mind.

         

        1) Activision has all sorts of "deals" with Microsoft regarding the Call of Duty franchise.

        2) Xbox users MUST PAY Microsoft in order to play CoD multiplayer (the #1 reason to buy any CoD title)

        3) The more people Activision get to switch from PC to Xbox, the more money Microsoft is making...

         

        All false.

         

         

        All false huh?

         

        So it's easy to get in touch with the developers and talk about PC issues then? Oh wait, it's not.

         

        So Activision does not have deals with Microsoft regarding Call of Duty? Oh wait, they do.  (a WELL KNOWN FACT)

         

        So Xbox users do not have to pay a subscription in order to play online? Oh wait, they do (for you to suggest they don't is a joke)

         

        So more people playing on Xbox doesn't equal more money for Microsoft? Oh wait, it does...

         

         

        I guess I shouldn't be surprised after all. When I made a post saying their "ranked dedicated servers confirmed" comment meant nothing and they'd stick us without admin control or a browser, you said that was all false also...

         

        So Black Ops 2 has rentable dedicated servers with admins? Oh wait, it doesn't.

         

        So Black Ops 2 has a server browser? Oh wait, it doesn't.

         

         

        Perhaps you shouldn't go around saying everything is "false" since you're only making a fool of yourself.

        • Re: So how do you actually get in touch with these people?

          @ kawz, just do a little surch on google m8,i have done it, and you will be surprised by Microsoft and Activision.

          Its a comment fact that pc gamers are left out,because the newest games are all console ports.

          Good points by RuneRuler & Matchmakingfails.

        • Re: So how do you actually get in touch with these people?
          kawz

          Matchmakingfails wrote:

           

          kawz wrote:

           

          Matchmakingfails wrote:

           

          Basically you don't...

           

          The moment they are aware you are a PC gamer they simply add you to their ignore lists.

           

          They literally don't give a rats *** about PC gamers. Their singular goal is to lessen the appeal of the PC version in order to force people over to Xbox... Once they get PC sales low enough to justify it they will stop releasing CoD on PC, which will make consoles the ONLY way to play...

           

          3 simple facts to always keep in mind.

           

          1) Activision has all sorts of "deals" with Microsoft regarding the Call of Duty franchise.

          2) Xbox users MUST PAY Microsoft in order to play CoD multiplayer (the #1 reason to buy any CoD title)

          3) The more people Activision get to switch from PC to Xbox, the more money Microsoft is making...

           

          All false.

           

           

          All false huh?

           

          So it's easy to get in touch with the developers and talk about PC issues then? Oh wait, it's not.

           

          So Activision does not have deals with Microsoft regarding Call of Duty? Oh wait, they do.  (a WELL KNOWN FACT)

           

          So Xbox users do not have to pay a subscription in order to play online? Oh wait, they do (for you to suggest they don't is a joke)

           

          So more people playing on Xbox doesn't equal more money for Microsoft? Oh wait, it does...

           

           

          I guess I shouldn't be surprised after all. When I made a post saying their "ranked dedicated servers confirmed" comment meant nothing and they'd stick us without admin control or a browser, you said that was all false also...

           

          So Black Ops 2 has rentable dedicated servers with admins? Oh wait, it doesn't.

           

          So Black Ops 2 has a server browser? Oh wait, it doesn't.

           

           

          Perhaps you shouldn't go around saying everything is "false" since you're only making a fool of yourself.

           

          Some people have been responded to, most haven't.  They can't respond to everyone.  If someone reports an issue they look into it.  If it is really an issue then great!  They don't need to respond to the other 2,000 people who report the same issue.  Not ever going to happen, and who the crap has time for that anyway?  Get over yourself; if they don't respond specifically to "you" it doesn't mean they don't like you.

           

          They have 1 deal with MS that is common knowledge.  You said deal(s).  What are the others?

           

          XBox user's don't "have" to pay squat.  They do because they choose to.  It's not a Activision/Treyarch fee.  It's all MS and has absolutely nothing to do with the game maker, and to complain about it on the game maker's forum is meaningless.  Why don't you go and blame Treyarch that your mechanic messed up the repair on your car next...same thing.

           

          So more people playing on PS3 doesn't equal more money for Sony?  Oh wait it does... you point is null and void.

           

          They never said "Ranked dedicated servers with admins".  They always said "Ranked dedicated servers". 

           

          They never said the game would have a server browser.

           

          They didn't tell anyone any lies.

           

          Nice job adding some additional items though -- i.e. ones that weren't in your original post and the ones I disagreed with.  Looking forward to see where you go/what new things you add next.

          • Re: So how do you actually get in touch with these people?

            I have only logged into this forum since i have effectiively been ignored by Steam since i bought the game on the 13th.

             

            I came on here to complain to Activisiojn that I couldnt play their game because of Steam.

             

            Are Activision going to ignore me too then?

             

            Bow

          • Re: So how do you actually get in touch with these people?

            You are too funny...

             

            They may respond to balance issues and such (things that affect the consoles also) but they do ignore most if not all PC related issues. (Usually when they do respond it's generic answers that mean squat)

             

            You freely admit they have at least 1 deal with Microsoft.... yet your above post claimed that was "all false" (btw you're naieve if you think that they don't have others) 

             

             

            Xbox users don't "have" to pay squat huh? Really?  Please enlighten us on how you are able to play Black Ops 2 multiplayer on Xbox without paying a subscription.... I would really love to know.

             

            PS3 users DO NOT have to pay a subscription in order to play multiplayer... So they DO NOT make more money off of people playing online.

             

             

            As far as dedicated servers. Yes, they said "ranked dedicated servers confirmed" to which I made posts saying it didn't mean squat. I said they could remove admin control, or stick us with matchmaking only. I also said they could add P2P alongside dedi's (which they did)

             

            Posts YOU replied to basically saying it was all false and wouldn't happen.... 

             

             

             

            Then you want to try and say they haven't told any lies..... Well they were caught telling a pretty big one with their "it would take 4 years to make a beta" comment. (the most obvious and epic lie ever told by a company) The ENTIRE GAME takes less than 2 years.... but a BETA (which on average takes 1-3 months to prep) would take them FOUR YEARS!!!

             

             

            Thanks for the laugh.

            • Re: So how do you actually get in touch with these people?
              War358

              u think it may have been a typo that they put 4 years when they could have meant days or weeks?

            • Re: So how do you actually get in touch with these people?
              kawz

              Matchmakingfails wrote:

               

              You are too funny...

               

              They may respond to balance issues and such (things that affect the consoles also) but they do ignore most if not all PC related issues. (Usually when they do respond it's generic answers that mean squat)

               

              You freely admit they have at least 1 deal with Microsoft.... yet your above post claimed that was "all false" (btw you're naieve if you think that they don't have others) 

               

               

              Xbox users don't "have" to pay squat huh? Really?  Please enlighten us on how you are able to play Black Ops 2 multiplayer on Xbox without paying a subscription.... I would really love to know.

               

              PS3 users DO NOT have to pay a subscription in order to play multiplayer... So they DO NOT make more money off of people playing online.

               

               

              As far as dedicated servers. Yes, they said "ranked dedicated servers confirmed" to which I made posts saying it didn't mean squat. I said they could remove admin control, or stick us with matchmaking only. I also said they could add P2P alongside dedi's (which they did)

               

              Posts YOU replied to basically saying it was all false and wouldn't happen.... 

               

               

               

              Then you want to try and say they haven't told any lies..... Well they were caught telling a pretty big one with their "it would take 4 years to make a beta" comment. (the most obvious and epic lie ever told by a company) The ENTIRE GAME takes less than 2 years.... but a BETA (which on average takes 1-3 months to prep) would take them FOUR YEARS!!!

               

               

              Thanks for the laugh.

               

              Oh hai PP...Lol why the new name? 

               

              You need to spend more time reviewing the dev's twitter accounts.   Seems to me there's an abundance of replies to people's issues as well as good information.

               

              Well you see it's like this.  I can't make assumptions as to what I read.  If you didn't really mean to say all sorts of deals, and really meant to say 1, well then I can't help you.  Still haven't answered the question though...  what other deals?  If you can't answer it then yes indeed your original statement is false.  Now your claiming there are others without actually knowing they exist.  Maybe you should get out "your" crystal ball.  That way you can tell all the user's here who they'll respond to and who they won't thereby saving everyone lots of time.  Be a pal and dig out those other deals while you're at it for us too.

               

              You can't play Bo2 multiplayer without paying the XBox live fee.  However, that still doesn't mean anyone has to.  They pay because they want to, not because they have to.  While we're at it.. if we're going to compare PSN and XBox live well you get what you pay for.  $5 per month vs. free, and hands down XBox live blows PSN away.  Still has nothing to do with Activison or Treyarch though. This discussion doens't belong here and therefore means jack when posted here as fuel as to why you think you can't communicate with the devs.

               

              IIRC, I believe my words were that it was unlikely but yet kept the door open for the possiblity.  I could dig up the post if you wish.

               

              Game takes longer than 2 years for sure, and the rest of that is just you guessing and grasping at straws.  You don't have a clue how long a beta for a game you haven't worked on would take.

              • Re: So how do you actually get in touch with these people?
                War358

                hey do u know why world at war has no more online if they included it in the pc digital deluxe edition? I try to connect but it keeps saying that theres an error. Since multiplayer in black ops 2 wont work and tehy gave me world at war i figured i would play the multiplayer for that. but it wont work. can u help me?

                • Re: So how do you actually get in touch with these people?
                  kawz

                  What error are you getting?  

                   

                  Keep in mind that you might be hard pressed to find many people playing WaW.  They are there as I've played probably a month ago, but there aren't very many populated servers.  Filter the server browser by your desired game type, and then sort it by number of players.  Hopefully you'll find some servers with people in it.  Look for one called PDE or something...there's usually people there.

              • Re: So how do you actually get in touch with these people?
                poison_pawn

                Sorry to disappoint kawz: but that's not me. (I AM poison_pawn, and have been so since the first multi-player I ever played which was ghost recon) if I HAD to change my tag it would ALWAYS reflect that PoisonPawn, Po1son_pawn p01son_pawn, Poi5on_pawn, Poison_p4wn etc...

                 

                Though I do agree with everything matchmakingfails wrote.

                 

                And about the typo: it was actually fist coined in an video interview. (I know because that was precisely when I decided not to preorder (if they lied once their entire statement is impeached If you want to talk legalese)

                The last PC COD beta was WAW (I know because I participated in it; and it was a great success)

                 

                About all the legalese: dishonesty is dishonesty. If they would have been honest and up front they could/should have said there would be match making on treyarch ran dedicated servers.

                but they chose to let people believe they meant traditional rentable dedicated server/browers.

                 

                Those of us who suspected otherwise waited to see what they really meant (and I thank you for paying to beta test this for me)

                 

                Im sure this game plays as well as any other game; but the issue I have with it has less to do with game play, as with the hostile take over of the COD online gaming community.

                 

                I like many other, would like to choose what, when, where, and with whom we play on line.

                 

                It's really as simple as that.

                 

                P.S. there are still plenty of people playing WAW. as well as COD4, 2, UO, and even COD 1

                 

                P.S.S. I think this is the thread you referenced kawz http://community.callofduty.com/message/205610244#205610244

                 

                http://community.callofduty.com/message/205621807#205621807

          • Re: So how do you actually get in touch with these people?
            Tunnleram

            They can't respond to everyone.

            As usual kawz you're such a developer's pet.

             

            Actually they can respond to everyone. It's called staffing. If you care about customer service and your customers you plan in advance to provide extra staff so that the customers who bought your product have someone to help them.

             

            As for your other comments about how you can't expect there not to be bugs...imagine if this was a 2013 car. I have a feeling the fact that it wouldn't be able to drive off the lot would be an issue.

             

            It's no more acceptable that lots of people in here are unable to play the game and a good portion of those who do have poor experiences. They should at least get someone on the phone.

             

            BTW, in regards to someone else's comments, they are right about them not caring about PC at support. I called them once and they practically argued with me that PC had access to the Elite service.