1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 54 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 4:55 PM by gambit1969 Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: why is it people are yelling at campers even more in black ops 2

Two scenerios:

Enemy UAV up w/no ghost equipped - How I play; Move A LOT slower through the map especially if I am in an area that my team is not (equals enemy spawn).  I'm ADS corners slower and playing like my life depends on it.

Enemy UAV up w/ghost equipped - How I play; Moving 80-90% of the time knowing that the enemy is watching mini map flying around corners not expecting me because I'm not showing up on the map.

So overall because ghost is unlocked so late the game I tend to move with a lot more caution then I would if I did have ghost.

• 31. Re: why is it people are yelling at campers even more in black ops 2
    HORNSxANDxHALOS

Exactly, 'it's just a game, so what if you die'.

So maybe people like you 'campers' should move around abit more, instead of sitting in one place most of the game, because remember, it's just a game, so what if you die!.

I'm not too bothered if there's 1 or 2 campers in a game, but if everyone camps and it's quite a big map it does get annoying running around for ages and you can't find anyone.

Some games I half expect to see some tumbleweed blow past the screen, because the map looks so deserted with everyone hiding.

• 32. Re: why is it people are yelling at campers even more in black ops 2
    gambit1969

I was playing earlier and got screamed at for camping because i ducked into what i thought was a quiet corner to drop a care package, while i was waiting for the package an enemy player walked by and i shot him.  All i heard after that was camper xxxxxxx xxxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxxx expletives.

I just laughed at him, muted him and went about my merry way feeling very good about myself...

• 33. Re: why is it people are yelling at campers even more in black ops 2
    sennalike

This "happy camper" just went 20-3, 4 caps, 5 defends (NB word in the game is defends not camps), and scorewise I was top player on the team.  In fact the highest number of kills from the R&Gners on the opposing team was only two more than me.  But more importantly than all the numbers, I enjoyed the match, my "camping" wasn't boring or dull in any shape or form.

So say what you like R&Gners, I'll stick to my style, you stick to yours.

• 34. Re: why is it people are yelling at campers even more in black ops 2
    sXedge

People are using as an excuse for dying, they are comparing it to the likes of compaign, which it isn't. Its target assist. Its been in all the CoD games, quite annying sometimes, so they've given you the oppertunity to turn it off.

• 35. Re: why is it people are yelling at campers even more in black ops 2
    brigasm_

Defending a flag you captured is one thing. Not doing **** but sitting in a corner is another. I would get pissed if you weren't defending a flag.

• 36. Re: why is it people are yelling at campers even more in black ops 2
    Harv72

Haven't read the other replies so apologies if I'm repeating.

It seems like you're hearing more outrage at campers right now for a few reasons:

1. New game, new maps, and many people aren't familiar with those maps.  On one side this causes some players to move more slowly (OMG, CAMPER!!!), on the other this causes people to foolishly rush into areas which they'll eventually learn are exposed to numerous lines of fire.
    2. The scorestreak system which pushes objective play so much more than just killing is making many players who wouldn't have gone near a flag or demo point in prior games to try to get the bonus points.  Since they aren't accustomed to dying to people in objective overwatch positions, it's a bit more rage-enducing.
    3. It's a brand-new game, which hasn't been true of a CoD title for a year now.  Some players who will eventually permanently rage-quit (and who have in all the prior titles) are still playing now, and you're not as used to hearing the "camper" rage because people got used to it in MW3/BO1/whatever & learned to avoid the usual camping spots...which will happen in BO2 as well.
    4. Particularly on PS3 servers, a lot of players are already frustrated with the freezing and server bugs, so it takes less to set them off when they finally are able to play.

My two cents.

• 37. Re: why is it people are yelling at campers even more in black ops 2
    Lenerien

If i can hold down and area and stay there most of the games i dont think thats camping. To me camper are those that sit in a corner and wait or behind a object with sites up just waiting for you to come by. And because the game is new players will camp more till they get use to the maps

• 38. Re: why is it people are yelling at campers even more in black ops 2

I agree with you man.  I too enjoy using a tacticle approuch and finding a good room thats gaurded by some exposives or another teamate, and watching for the oppsing team and picking them off with a sniper rifle before they know what hit them.  I do well in many games, and usually land in the top three players out of all players. My favorite part is listening to some cry baby whine about getting sniped lol.

• 39. Re: why is it people are yelling at campers even more in black ops 2

I agree with you man.  I too enjoy using a tactical approach and finding a good room that's guarded by some explosives or another teammate, and watching for the opposing team and picking them off with a sniper rifle before they know what hit them.  I do well in many games, and usually land in the top three players out of all players. My favorite part is listening to some cry baby whine about getting sniped lol.