32 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 9:39 PM by kawz RSS

Treyarch, Are you completely ignoring PC gamers?

Hey, I'm going to start out by saying that I am in no way bashing Treyarch FOR THE GAME, but rather the lack of support for PC. Let me tell you my story.

I bought the game when it came out for PC expecting it to be amazing. Treyarch Devs specifically said during an interview that Black Ops 2 would be getting a complete visual overhaul for PC gamers. You claimed it would run in DX11 and you claimed it would have tons of graphics settings not normally seen in COD games. What I recieved from the store that day was a cheap console repackaged game. I don't know if you decided to say "Heh, screw the PC gamers." Your Anti-Cheat sucks and when someone trys to let you know that it's not working, you take their video down and give them a strike? What the **** Treyarch!? On top of that, you keep patching Zombies and Multiplayer, but you completely ignore all the people complaining that story mode is unplayable! So far, this game has been nothing but a complete let-down. I loved the story mode up until I cannot pass through the Afghan mission. Your level design is buggy and was obviously not bug tested before release. The horses in the level have no collisions with the ground in a few areas, causing your horse (or main characters) to get trapped and in turn, you have to restart the mission. I've been stuck on the Afghan level since release and not a SINGLE patch has been released for PC story mode (single player). I'm not telling you to abandon Multiplayer and Zombies, but rather get your **** together with the singleplayer campaigne. I do see the game does have enhanced visuals, but you could have done a lot better. You do not use DX11 to it's full potential (only making use of dynamic shadows and lighting). You have Tessallation support for Nvidia cards only, but where is the support for Radeon/AMD cards. I seriously feel like I threw a signal flare and your rescue team (devteam) kept flying. I'm very disappointed in the result of this game and I'm kindly asking you to please read this message and give us PC gamers some love. I know everyone here is feeling like we get left behind all the time. I'm sorry f you do not feel the same way, but if this applies to you, tell me how you feel as well and maybe the Devs will finally actually get some work done on singleplayer.

Thanks,

Carter Reynolds 

(Level Designer and Coder)

• Re: Treyarch, Are you completely ignoring PC gamers?
    Ai-Silentshot

Lets be honest here, they basicly putted all the files from a xbox disc into a pc disc. And they still f*ck that up by putting the wrong game in the 2nd disc, well done treyarch i thought that there could be a worse developers team then activision. Good job you did it again treyarch team.

xRabid45Kx

dude they ignore EVERYONE. They don't give a **** about anyone besides their co workers and money. I don't see the point in having a feedback thing as they probably don't look at it

well said! im also stuck on same level and as for pc getting any love it sucks we get console portted games and fed lie after lie left with a feeling of ripped of and no confidence in game products anymore! also plese address your anti cheat system,the game is packed with hackers to the point of inability to play a decent fair honest game!

On top of that, the 'Known Issues" Post hasn't been updated in forever and we have heard NOTHING from them on Twitter. What is Treyarch doing? I want them to reply to this topic with a very good reason to why PC is lagging behind consoles. I would also appreaciate a response from their level developers since all the levels in Multiplayer are just redesigns of Black Ops 1 maps. Building are changed and rearranged in different areas to make it look different.

HK_Pickles

It's been one week.  Take a deep breath...

What have they fixed:

Nuketown back.

Hackers banned within 24-48 hours

Several hotfixes for minor bugs

The larger errors and bugs take time to code and test before release.  You want the fix to work, correct?

Do you all remember the first Black Ops?  It was unplayable for the first two weeks due to server crashes, errors, and bugs.  This game is playable (for most) and needs some "tweaking". 

I agree the graphics are a bit of a let down, but we all knew that they were using the same engine as WaW - what did you expect, really?

I truly believe these guys are trying.  Which is more than I can say about past COD releases.  This is noticable in the items mentioned above.  So, let's put the RedBull down, take a breath, and continue to learn the maps while we wait for updates.

Learn the maps u say? i cant even play the game.

@Pickles,

I think the biggest injustice here has been the lack of feedback. A few very vague tweets from @PCdev hardly merits the consumers having confidence in these issues being fixed. I understand that issues can take time to troubleshoot and fix, however it is the lack of any legitimate of communication with the community that really has people up in arms. If you told us the problem is acknowledged, and they cant give a timeframe on its fix date, then at least I know something is being done. Never anywhere has it been explicitly detailed or even implied that they are fixing this issue. That is whats frustrating. I can not play a game I bough exclusively for the MP content. Thats irritating

Tunnleram

Hackers banned within 24-48 hours

Obviously an improvement over MW3, but is that acceptable for everyone? Dedicated server admin - bans happen in 5 minutes.

Consider 24-48 hours is up to 2 entire days of people's games being ruined with a hacker. Too long IMO.

Admins suck since i got banned from over 25 servers inde bo 1 because they think im hacking.

I hate admins i like the new way they are doing. Ranked dedicated servers matchmaking.

Ai-Silentshot

MalBoYDK wrote:

Admins suck since i got banned from over 25 servers inde bo 1 because they think im hacking.

I hate admins i like the new way they are doing. Ranked dedicated servers matchmaking.

Like, waitwut.

milkyTA

I dont get this....The previous BO and COD5, COD4 were about choice. You could join ANY server you wanted..so why are people complaining about the 24/7 nuketown servers...Join another server that isnt??? And if you say that no one is in them there all in the nuketown servers well doesnt that tell you something? Your the odd one out!

I persoannly wasnt a 24/7 nuketown fan and I didnt have any problems getting a normal game anywhere else and as for the admins abuse crap well there paying for it as far as im concerned they can run it how they like.

Dont like it=leave and join another server (in COD4,5 you could start a "company" server from the menu) or you could pay for your own and run it how you liked.

And now because of the vast minority we have this crap. This is what comes of letting children play adult games.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1135167635460018279/ADCB0810FC161A1CB246871ABD4F5F857E71148A/

This Crap happens during the afghan mission everytime!!!!!!!!! FIX THIS **** GOD DAMMIT.

I like matchmaking because matchmaking do not have stupid whining kids that kick/ban you out because you are a good player, matchmaking do not have any stupid rules like only sniper no claymore no skorpion no camp no c4 no akimbo and alot more. i just like to play the game like it means to be played.

“and as for the admins abuse crap well there paying for it as far as im concerned they can run it how they like.”

And I paid for my game and don’t need some admin making up some crap about me hacking because I followed their rules and still kicked their ass.

They abused it, and they lost the right because of their childish behavior.

Then dont FUCKIN play on their servers you retard. There are always other servers you can join. For people that want to run their game as they wish this is a must. On top of that they removed nuketown 24/7 the last good thing in this game. What a bullshit company. Boycott these idiots until they know what is up. These cock sucking theiving bastards should be hanged for conning me out of my hard earned $60.

milkyTA

sigh...then play on another server....use the company servers that all these games had to "create a game"

You have a choice.

Now you whinged and you dont. In fact no one does...whos the spoiled kid now...?

This could get heated but the whole point is that the vast majority want to choose where and what they play. If they want different rules then they pay for there own server and run it how they want.

MW3 nearly got it right with both options...if they had just made them both ranked and given more control then all would have been happy. The kids could play on the matchmaking running around with dual machine pistols and shouting noob every 2 secs while those who wanted too could pay for there own server.

As for the fast rank up crap..who cares??? thats a consol thing with leaderboards. PC gaming used to be about how you did not what number was attached to your name.

Can we stop talking about Admins and stay on topic please <3

milkyTA

lol sorry....just to add to the original post I sent in a support as a guy was abusing people in game then turned on me as I was winning (pure flook...) saying crap like "i hope your mum gets cancer etc". I personnaly find that unacceptable and posted in these forums and sent the request over three days ago. I have still to even get an acknoledgement. Oh and the guy is still playing and abusing.

I personnaly think they dont care. And I havent seen any Devs post in these forums for a long time

well ive had enough i got a top spec laptop and not been able to play the game once, how can a game thatraked in $500 million in the first few hours on sale be such an un polished turd, ive heard nothing but bad reviews and have taken the game back to shop and got my money back!! IF EVERYONE DID THIS THEY WOULDNT DELIVER US SUCH A LAME DEVOLPED GAME AGAIN. and as for support?? what support!

Fester_Adams

Between the let-downs and lies projected about BO2 in pre-release, the bugs in the single player story mode, and the attempted removal of the only thing we got as a reward for buying the Deluxe set (Nuketown 2025). Then just the shear fact I bought this on the release day and out of minimum 150-200 tries at joining matches and only playing about 15-20 due to a "Connection Interrupted" bug which only lets me play on 3 maps in total ... Yea ... you could say I feel a bit left out, stressed, shafted and slightly perturbed.

+1 to the OP ... I was never a people person .. I would have gotten banned most likely if I tried to say how I really felt about this fiasco.

PS. By the way with many peoples misconception about Treyarch and or Steam being reliable for the upkeep of BO2 and the problems is all wrong. Its Activision whom has the contract for most maintenance and networking/support. (Thats what I heard anyways).

kawz

silentdeath631 wrote:

Thanks,

Carter Reynolds 

(Level Designer and Coder)

If you're a level designer and coder, you of all people should know and understand what it takes to develop and deploy a game of this magnitude.  You of all people should have an understaning of the patch and release process.  It doesn't happen overnight, and the game has been released for exacty 7 days.  People are too quick to slam the devs for everything.  Well you know what, it isn't always their fault, and things do happen that are beyond their control.  There is much more in the mix than just a few coders patching the game's code.

Patience.  Patience people give them time, it'll get sorted out.

All the nonsense is just going to delay the process, as they now have to weed out the trash from the true problem reports.

Don't have anything constructive to say, don't say it.  It doesn't help.