18 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 9:57 AM by TheSurgeon83 RSS

Call of UAV

sirsmug

Before the fanboys say camper im not. There is no skill in this game what so ever just a constant spam of uavs, I counted 42 enemy uavs in 3 games.

Treyarch must think that the cod community must really suck that they need to have constant red dots on the mini map. They must also think that cod players are thick and cannot employ tactical gameplay so removed that option.

I hate campers, but i want to be able to move around the map a little and yes I know shoot down the uav but when there are so many its impossible. Prehaps moving the uav up the scorestreak will balance out nerfed gost and uav spamming, but the no skilled players will complain no dots to hunt quicker.

• Re: Call of UAV

14 UAV's per game on average... how is it impossible to shoot them all down? You could earn yourself a tidy scorestreak of your own just from them.

Set up one class with a launcher and two Black Hats and you could do it all yourself within 4-5 lives.

"I hate campers, but i want to be able to move around the map a little..." well then the new Ghost is perfect in every way for you... because you want to move around with it, not camp, obviously.

I love hearing enemy UAV... easy points for me, a team player who always carries countermeasures, but that's just me I suppose.

blaZed4twenty

even the biggest run & gunner can't stay running for 5-10 minutes in a game...i dont play objective games but what about something like search and destroy that requires you to defend your bomb site etc?  or snipers?

Do you really need to be off the radar constantly though?

You have several options, launchers, BlackHat, Ghost, Counter UAV or even shooting it down with bullets and let's be honest here you can defend any area without standing still, any area... just because you cant hide in a corner doesn't mean you have to run around like a headless chicken.

You do realize this is what the community wanted. Almost Everyone cried about ghost and not being able to see them on UAV, and how everyone camped blah blah blah blah, so they did this. Now it's to many UAV's blah blah blah. Next CoD there probably won't be radar or UAV's, and everyone only gets to throw water at each other cause all the guns are too OP. This community is so bad sometimes.

Call Of Duty: Modern Water?

Rednecksniper39

To what I remember only a small few complained about Ghost/assassin. But that is usually how changes in the games work. They ignore the major problems that most have and change what only a small minority sees as a problem.

I remember most of the big youtubers made videos about "ghost campers" and how if they removed ghost people wouldn't camp. And on the BLOPs 1 forums there was always a daily thread about ghost.

Rednecksniper39

The problem is that the big youtubers are a small minority. like .01% if that. People saw ghost and assassin as a problem because the did to much. When all it did was keep you off the radar no one complained. When they added everything else to it is when the problems started.

myevo8you

NO it is NOT what the community wanted. There are well over ONE MILLION players that play the game regularly and there are about 500 or so accounts that post on these forums on a constant basis. The percentage of players that complained about Ghost are in the VERY SMALL minority, in fact probably less than .001%. What should be done is actually put a poll at the start of the multiplayer screen of the actual game to get TRUE feedback as to what players think about both the UAV and Ghost. I GUARANTEE that the results would be staggering.

SmokeyCheese1

OMG - the incredible amount of whining about UAVs is utterly vomit worthy.

Dude, too many UAVs? Then ghost. Boom. Problem solved. Too many ghost? Then stop sucking and staring at the red dots on the mini map and start walking (not sprinting like a noob) and ADS'ing more to get the drop.

Dont like playing then game? Then dont play the game.

myevo8you

First off you are WRONG! Ghost does NOT protect agains UAV's unless you are CONSTANTLY moving. If you ADS EVEN WHILE MOVING WEARING GHOST you STILL show up on the radar. If you stop to pull out your launcer to shoot the UAV you show up on the radar. The UAV spam has ALWAYS been the problem, not Ghost/Cold Blooded.

sirsmug

I've never sucked on any cod, there is no skill in this one just constant red dot hunting. play blops2 and spend half the game shooting down uavs its great fun. i want to being able to play tactically but crounching nullifies ghost and I get headshotted because all the cover is shoulder high, or shot through the cover because every gun has inbuilt deep impact.

ADS does'nt work on this game as it is all about hip firing with a laser sight and if you get the drop better hope your connection is worse.

It seems the no skilled scrubs that rushed blindly and always got killed by camping ghost users(even if they were moving) love the constant uavs as their limited brain capicity only has to cope with red dots on minimap.

keep ghost as it, but move uav up the scorestreak lets see if the sheep complain.

CowboySr

UAV whoring and the lag comp has ruined this game for every person Ive talked to. This is the first COD that when I get home from work, nobody is even on playing.

The end.

They need to bring back the SAM turret. I think I am getting vertigo from always looking at the sky shooting UAV's down.

Rednecksniper39

Right now my friends list which consist of people I met in MW2/3 and BO. Plus a little Halo and my real friends. My friends list is full. There are 3 people online. 1 of which is playing BO2. At night there will be 30 people on and maybe 5 playing BO2.

obzi

Wow Cowboy Sr, I know you're a long time, commited player to this game and forum, and when I hear even you say those words it's kinda sad.  What a dire situation this is.

ModernWelfare

This game is Call of UAV. Everything in this game Treyarch implemented caters to UAV spammers. Things like:

• Maps where anyone could come from any direction where ever you are

• Ghost being nerfed and unlocked at lvl 55

among various other things that are small and forgettable, yet feeds these noobs.

TheSurgeon83

What annoys me is calling in care packages, I have to run round in circles so I don't show up. I must look like a right ****. For this reason I give away 90% of them, I usually play in a party so call one of them over and leave it for them.