39 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 8:42 AM by SWAGYOLOSWAG RSS

Controllers NEED aim assist.

The topic self explains itself.  Controllers currently are impossible to play with on multiplayer.  Which isn't right.  It makes it so that mouse and keyboard seriously over power the gamepad.  Infact, my girl and I on the consoles usually have a 1.8-2 k/d this goes for 360 and PS3.   On this it is under .3  .  That there should show it needs to be fixed.  The sensitivity is way too fidgety infact so much so it renders the controller litterally useless on multiplayer.

I noticed you guys do have aim assist in the game however just not for multiplayer.  It seems like it was only added in on the zombies.  Which is cool but however we paid $120[two copies one for me and one for my girlfriend] hoping to be able to play the whole game with the controller.  We are rather disapointed that it is next to impossible with the controller.  Not impossible but next to impossible.  I see this as a major bug and a major downfall.  If this doesn't work myself, my girlfriend, and many other controller users most likely will never buy an other COD title on the PC.

Now, before mouse and keyboard users come into here saying it would be "unfair" or would "in-balanced" the game play against mouse and keyboard users.   Before you speak and think of such comments.  You are wrong.  It is already "unfair" and "in-balanced" as the mouse and keyboard users get to play like normal while the controller users [like myself] are crippled.  Which isn't right at all.    Now, a lot people assume that aim assist is just like auto-aiming.  It isn't.  It isn't anywhere close to that.  Infact, every single game on console and PC that uses the controller support if properly configured already has aiming assist built into it.   A lot of people don't know this because they never played with a controller without this aim assist as it usually isn't done unless you did it yourself by emulating the mouse to be used on your controller.  Let's just say controllers are not ment to be emulated in such ways.  Can you developers fix this issue asap?  I'd love to be able to properly enjoy my PC version with my girlfriend cause at the moment.  My girlfriend refuses to touch multiplayer and she loves COD multiplayer so this should say alot.

• Re: Controllers NEED aim assist.

If you are playing on PC then learn to use PC mechanics

Protip: Use mouse and keyboard OR go buy it for the console of your choice. This is a game for PC so it is meant to be played with using Mouse and Keyboard.

https://twitter.com/pcdev/status/181467909871239168/photo/1

Exactly.

Tell you what:  We'll worry about this when consoles natively support our choice of keyboard and mouse.  That means using the keyboard and mouse of our choice, with the same features in software that console users get, without having to buy a third-party dongle to use a keyboard/mouse.

And this why I posted before hand.  Your comments are nothing but ignorant and really hold no relevance to this topic.  This game has controller support thus so it isn't about just mouse and keyboard.  This is 2012 now.  All games come with controller support.  I swear some people cannot move on from old times.  Yes, I can very well use the mouse and keyboard but you see I bought this game as it said on Steam, "Controller Support" well, get supporting of the controllers!   I am sick of ignorant people saying comments that have no relevance.   People don't want to hear "use mouse or keyboard" or leave.  Wtf?  We want the support we were promised.  Not this horrendous thing you claim to be controller support.  As I said this is 2012 we want to sit back and game not sit up cramped at your computer desk.  Sorry, that maybe your cup of tea but that isn't mine.  As for get it for the console, I have it for the console.  Infact, I paid $180 on Black Ops 2.  2 PC versions for my girl and I and one PS3 version.  Aiming assist needs to be added to the multiplayer.   Now, please reframe from ignorant comments.  I am sure you are not 12 so don't act like it.

I also love how ignorant some people can be.  As if I cannot play with the mouse and keyboard.  As if I told you information regarding such.  Well, for your information I can very well play with a mouse and keyboard but my girlfriend cannot.  She is on a track pad.  >_>  I am fighting for aim assist so her and I can enjoy the $120 game we bought.

P.S.  You added the proper support on Black Ops.  How come it isn't in Black Ops 2? >_>

If you want all that, stop gaming on a PC.  It's not our fault you didn't discover gaming until a few years ago.  Some of us were playing video games before you were born.

For the price of those two PCs, you could have bought two consoles, two TVs, and two copies of the game.  You clearly prefer the console controller.  So go play on a console. 

This is a PC forum.

Again, ignorant comments.  I have been gaming on the PC since back on DOS.  Nice try.     This is the PC in 2012.  I haven't seen a game becides that failure of a port of MW3 [hacker fest!] that doesn't have support.  Maybe you need to get with the times and learn to not throw insults out as if you know everything.     Also, been gaming since the NES.  lol  So, nice try.  Love the insults though.  I have to say though.  I thought some of these mouse and keyboard users would have a little more intelligence then this.

To be completely honest, you're only just realizing how PC and consoles differ in controls, either go to consoles or learn to fully use your PC, because right now it would seem you only use it as an extremely over priced console that has so much more potential. I don't quite get why you have so much difficulty playing with a mouse and keyboard.

From what it looks we've got a major troll, or a major idiot here xD

Buy her a mouse and keyboard then. If controllers got aim assist the game would then be even more unballenced. Why did you even buy it for PC if you use controllers?

I prefer using my 360 controller when I quickscope and I seem to do alright. Of course I have my bad games and I have had a very rough start but you just have to get used to it and adapt. When I use my pistol...well I agree, it's horribly inaccurate...I feel aim assist would be sort of cheating, though, so I wouldn't like to see it in the game. Guess the only way to effectively use an automatic weapon is aiming with your mouse, not a real problem for me tbh. What bugs me the most about this game is the disrespectful community. When I play I always get called cheater/hacker/f**got/camper and insulted for no reason when all I want to do is have fun playing (and no, I don't camp, don't cheat/hack and I assure you I like girls lol) and maybe get some nice clips to edit. It's funny to see how stupid and uneducated some people are.

That is the thing.  It's not the skill that is the issue.   The issue is the game doesn't corespawn to the controller properly.  Aim assist isn't considered cheating either.  It needs to be added.  Zombies have always been my number source of practice before going to multiplayer.  How can you practice on zombies when the controls are two differant styles?

That is the thing.  It's not the skill that is the issue.   The issue is the game doesn't corespawn to the controller properly.  Aim assist isn't considered cheating either.  It needs to be added.  Zombies have always been my number source of practice before going to multiplayer.  How can you practice on zombies when the controls are two differant styles?

You might want to be careful throwing words like "stupid" and "uneducated" around when your posts contain horrors like "corespawn".

Then practice with bots. Its exactly the same as playing online but the AI for the bots sucks.

Maxxgold

I wasnt talking to you Wild_Child. If you want to use a controller that's your business but your never going to get aim assist added to this game. Do what I do if you like the feel of a controller. I use a Sony Navitgation Stick Controller for my left hand and I use my mouse for aiming. It works great and I get the best of both worlds, a stick for movement and a mouse for aiming plus enough buttons to map my key anyway I like it. Saying you want to use a controller to aim though just shows your age. Any true gamer knows that mouse aiming is far superior to controller aiming so when people bring it up with the aim assist argument most pc players just laugh.

Check your post mate, it says "in response to wild child", that's why I told you that lol
        Back on topic, have you ever quickscoped on cod? I'll tell you what the difference between mouse and controller is. The advantage of using a 360 controller is speed when dragshooting and not having to reset your aim every time. The disadvantage of using a controller is that, of course, you get less accuracy (yes, I do agree about the mouse being superior when it comes to accuracy and I like my controller only in this game when quickscoping. You would never see me on CS or UT with a 360 pad). You can make up for the loss of accuracy with practice (it seems like I'm doing it right lately as I have been accused of having an aimbot several times lol). Just out of curiosity, how old do you think I am?

@Hansukei-

Aim Assist isn't considered cheating when everyone has to use it, if you think about it it's a really bad idea to put this into the PC version. Be happy that you're able to play COD using a controller

I'm not being a jerk, hell I played the first month of BF3 on PC with a PS3 controller and managed to hold a 1+ K/D, it was awesome. But the one thing that was more awesome? Manning up and learning how to use the kb/m again ^_^

I played MW2/BO on both PS3 and XBOX exclusively so my opinion isn't totally biased you and your gf should just take the plunge and try to start playing mouse n keyboard. Sure it'll take awhile (I've been playing pure mouse and keyboard again for a little under a year now and still have moments where I get decimated) but the benefits will be worth it.

Learn to shoot.

k well seems like I will never be buying an other COD game on the PC.  Thanks for the heads up! 

This is a funny thread... you'd probably get decimated in mp even with aim assist dude.

How exactly are you playing crippled because you aren't being aided by the computer?

Playing without aim assist is playing normally, playing with aim assist is playing with assistance, no way around it. Kind've funny you're complaining you don't get a crutch because you choose to use an inferior control scheme.

The fact is that its not only the fact that you are playing with a controller which is 100 percent of the time going to be worse than a keyboard and mice if players are at the same skill level but also you are vsing people who are using a keyboard and mouse. This will lead to them being able to react faster than you 100 percent of the time. Thank you cu @ console

It has nothing to do with the way the aiming is.  I am saying it should be just like the console version when I pick up the controller.  As the rest of the game so far was like that but the multiplayer.  Why change the aiming on the multiplayer?  If people are already saying mouse and keyboard would win anytime, well that is because we are not getting the aiming we are used to having.   The whole game had the aim assist except the multiplayer.  Why are the people with controllers being restricted online?  You think about it.  If you played the whole game with the controller.  Wouldn't you also want to play it online with the controller?  It is a little messed up. 

Given the fact that it's available in everything except the multiplayer portion of the game that should be an indication that maybe.......just maybe it'll cause some kind of imbalance.

Exactly, which is why it should also be added into multiplayer to make it fair.

Stop being daft, it needs to be an even playing field obviously and NO that does NOT mean controllers need aim assist. Mouse doesn't get aim assist and controller shouldn't either, if you're bothered about it then don't play with an inferior control system.

And to your bullshit about not having controller support, you're playing with one aren't you? You said yourself campaign has it, zombies has it, the only thing that doesn't have it is multiplayer. The game does NOT only consist of multiplayer and it IS controller supported because you can use one to play, that's the whole definition no? Controller supported doesn't mean aim assist, it means you can use one to play.

I understand it must be frustrating but you're playing it on PC, if you want to play with controller go play on console.

Ai-Silentshot

I played the wii version of mw3 for of a year  with the classic controller pro. It has no aim assist and it never was there. And its far easier and playable without aim assist, you dont need aim assist to play with a controller.

And by the way, i know how you would like to use a controller with aim assist. But this game is build for the mouse and keyboard, so there is a bit of logic that that works better.

wierd worlds are these

Kortz wrote:

Stop being daft, it needs to be an even playing field obviously and NO that does NOT mean controllers need aim assist. Mouse doesn't get aim assist and controller shouldn't either, if you're bothered about it then don't play with an inferior control system.

And to your bullshit about not having controller support, you're playing with one aren't you? You said yourself campaign has it, zombies has it, the only thing that doesn't have it is multiplayer. The game does NOT only consist of multiplayer and it IS controller supported because you can use one to play, that's the whole definition no? Controller supported doesn't mean aim assist, it means you can use one to play.

I understand it must be frustrating but you're playing it on PC, if you want to play with controller go play on console.

^^^^^^^^^^^

100% agree

I have played COD games on both PC and Xbox, my main choice is PC but I play on Xbox when my mates are round as they cannot play using a Keyboard & Mouse.

I have tried it with and without Aim Assist turned on and off, and I find it easier to play the games on the console with it turned OFF.

It was so annoying having it snap my aim to a enemy player when my aim was near them, because I aimed down my sights and it always aimed to the person I didn't want to attack because they were already being attacked.

Aim Assist should not be in any game regardless of if it is on a Console or PC, because it is a cheat!!

These are opinions.  It still doesn't prove how it would inbalance the game or set it off at all.

Ai-Silentshot

It does actually, if the mouse doesnt have aim assist and the controller does, the controller will be faster ( if you have two average players of the same skill level against each other )

wierd worlds are these

Hansukei wrote:

These are opinions.  It still doesn't prove how it would inbalance the game or set it off at all.

It does make the game unbalanced in terms of controls because, the aim assist counters the dead zones on the controller which is why Console gamers complain about not having in games.

FFA will be used for this example.

If Player A is using a Controller with Aim Assist, they snap directly on to the nearest enemy to where the crosshair is when they ADS, and the Aim Assist also keeps the sights on that player if they move.

If Player B also wants to aim at that player, but is using a mouse it will take longer for them to aim on that player and they also have to account for the movement of that player.

Now in that situation the player with the controller has a massive advantage over the person using a  mouse.

Now when you flip it to a controller user and a mouse user shooting at each other again, the Aim Assist will keep the lock on the player, but the mouse player has to adjust for the movement.

Now tell me how it's fair to give people who choose to use a inferior input method a distinct advantage over people who are not using, the same input method.

Aim Assist is a CHEAT and should not be included in any games, on the pc because it gives people a advantage over other players.

HK_Pickles

This is the most pointless thread going, and is getting way too much attention.

PS - your controller works - thus it is supported.  Want more accuracy???  Get a mouse.

Hansukei wrote:

We are rather disapointed that it is next to impossible with the controller.  Not impossible but next to impossible.  I see this as a major bug and a major downfall.  If this doesn't work myself, my girlfriend, and many other controller users most likely will never buy an other COD title on the PC.

Its not impossible (or next to impossible) to play Black Ops 2 with a controller. You do not need aim-assist to be sucessfull in the PC version with a controller. Actually I wish aim-assist would be removed from the console versions so that great controller players could stand out. I'm a FPS PC player of 15 years, I absolutely hated the controller when it came to FPS shooters but finally caved in 8 months ago due to so many family and friends owning an XBOX for COD or BF3. Nothing will ever beat the freedom of a kb/m setup but now I don't mind the controller so much. I see it as a challenge and just recently started using it against fellow PC players in BLOPs 2. Have a look:

RoKBoTs - Black Ops II PC: Using an XBox 360 Controller (Sensitivity 9)