7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 8:07 PM by zyrtek84 RSS

lag between smart t.v and xbox

im fed up with the delay reaction between my lg smart t.v (so called flash 3d smart t.v) and xbox, ive put the sensitivity up to 14 on TDM and still makes no difference when it comes to aiming and shooting. is there settings or something that can make the delay non existant or would it be my xbox running slow because the memory is almost full? its hard to explain but its like my xbox is running of dial up and the xbox not picking up the control demands instantly. note that i have two tv's and xboxs and there is no lag or delay on the other xbox and t.v (being a normal plasma). please someone help me i wanna verse my partner but its to frustrating to play

• Re: lag between smart t.v and xbox
    nicedrewishfela

If your TV has a Game Mode, try that. It usually helps.

I have a 47" Smart 3D TV (Vizio) and was really struggling. Guys on this forum suggested getting a gaming monitor. Switched to an Asus Monitor and haven't looked back.

i'm going to switch the t.v to gaming mode hopefully it helps, its sad when i go on one t.v and kick ass then go on the other and i can only do a 1 kill to 20 deaths ratio. thanks matey

nicedrewishfela

Sure thing. I hope it helps.

I feel your pain. When I moved, I got my new TV. It looked great, but it was like I had never played CoD before. Dragged my MW3 K/D way down trying to figure things out. I did adjust to some degree, but it always felt like I was behind.

I am much happier with my monitor. It is sharp and because it is smaller I can track the action quicker. Plus, I can watch TV while I play lol

brsox

Sounds like input lag. Try GAME mode or switch back to your plasma tv.

Hey man I would advise heading over to avsforums, going to the LCD section and looking up the exact model of your TV. There is even a huge thread about lag. Honestly you could probably just google your lg model + lag and find info.

The far majority of LCD TV's have input lag (well all of them do, just some a lot more than others). LG generally being one of the worst offenders and Panasonic being one of the best. And even better then all those is Plasma.

Without knowing exactly which TV you have, here is some advice try to make it better. See if there is a "game mode". It might be under picture modes, or somewhere else (read the manual). It should turn off all of the special settings. But if not, make sure any "extra" picture setting is turned off. Things like auto contrast, "TruMotion/Clear Vison/ or whatever lg calls the 120hz "effect"".

Think of it this way, any extra/auto setting that is turned on takes processing power (just like a computer). The more of the computers CPU is being used by these features, the more lag you will have.