26 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 1:27 PM by PersonalValues RSS

A week on, what are peoples views on the game?

tnscproductions

Hey folks, just wondering what people are thinking of the game now that we've all had a decent amount of time to play it?

My very first impressions were great, loved the feel of the game, it was new, exiting, I had high hopes that this was going to be my favourite cod game yet.

Well here I am a week later, ive had plenty of time to play and unfortunatly im starting to think I may have been wrong. Infact the last couple of days this game has been getting me pretty angry while playing, it's feeling more and more like a modern warfare game each time I put it in.

Tonight has it has been pretty much unplayable. Claymores and bouncing bettys are everywhere now that people have unlocked them, campers, instant spawn deaths and tiny maps are turning this game into a bit of a cluster f*ck. Not to mention the god awful lag that currently has took any skill out of the gun battles.

Im a little disapointed, I always favoured treyarch and had high hopes that this was going to be a great fps. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, but it's not what I was hoping for or expecting.

Why is it so hard to just make a nice simple cod game, with good maps and gun skill at the heart of it? I loved black ops 1, its my favourite game of all time, thing is ive played so much of it (hated mw3) im really bored now. Was hoping this game would fill the gap but so far it just isnt.

I don't want to come across like Im slating the game because im not, I will still be putting the time into it, I just hope my opinions change. Also for the love of god FIX THE LAG!!! It might give me and thousands of others a chance to enjoy the game.

• Re: A week on, what are peoples views on the game?

I agree, it is just boring. MW 3.5. Playing is a huge frustration, can't win a gun battle due to lag.  Just another crappy game.  I would pay to play COD 4 or W@W again without the hackers.  Not updated, not improved, but the exact same games, because the last 4 releases have been huge disappointments.

I tried the DNS fix in the XBOX settings that was posted earlier and it worked for me (may have been coincidence) but I had a pretty much, but not completely lag free session this evening.

Campaign:

Pretty bad to begin with. Then I got stuck in a level with no way out, so i'm standing by until that issue can be worked out...

Voice volume is really low in cut scenes, game volume is super loud.

So many bugs...

Story line made no sense, too short, and really kinda sucked in overall appeasement.

Though, I did like the custom loadout before most missions.

Zombies:

No complaints so far. Haven't played online yet, or 5 minutes on solo, so I can't really say much.

Onlne

Oh boy.

I have to play on the "Best" setting to get a decent game with minimal lag comp, with my QOS making my xbox go down to a 0.4-0.5MBp/s upstream bandwidth and minimal urgency.

Weapon balance is really off.

Teams will be stacked usually every game.

Nuketown 2025 was taken down, so the overall score of the game drops down to:

5.0/10, from a 6.0/10

superbob

Guns:

Pros - Very balanced. Everything is usable.

Cons - Snipers are too good in CQB and shotguns are too good in mid range battles.

Scorestreaks:

Pros - They are pretty cool

Cons - Too much UAV. It seems that UAV/Lightning Strikes are the only thing people can get. I think this is due to inconsisency from the lag comp.

Maps:

Pros - Nothing
    Cons - So many places to camp, and too many vantage points on objectives.

Perks:

Pros - Balanced perfectly

Cons - Nothing

not good really crap connections favoured again, UK again included with Europe. All im doing for now is getting a couple of kills then dashboarding, 1 to keep my kd positive and 2 incase i get host which i do 50% of the time, my kd got ruined when i went to fibre whilst playing mw3.

Soley88

No one was looking forward to the game more than me. Loved BO first edition so one would naturally think this would be an improvement. The amount of times someone is booted from a party,lag and all the other issues that come with that has left me flat and total disappointed with the whole thing. I will still play but wow this could have been so much better. Now we see the Nuketown removed, that is a massive issue not only for the game but for the makers, opens the door for many legal ramifications.

cwatz

I think its terrible.  This is coming from a treyarch lover.  WaW and BO are my 2 favorite games.  They basically cloned mw3's flaws and threw them into this game.

Pros:

Pick 10

Campaign gameplay.

Balance.  Perks and weapons seem relatively close.

Cons:

Campaign story/writing (seriously, Hudson isn't even the same character in this game)

Guns.  No recoil.  Instakill lazerbeams.  Skilless gameplay.

Netcode.

Maps.  All cqc clusterf***s.  Even the large maps.

Pretty much the multiplayer gameplay in general is awful.

CONTROL.  The x and y movement is messed up in this game, and it drives me insane.

Soley88

No one was looking forward to the game more than me. Loved BO first edition so one would naturally think this would be an improvement. The amount of times someone is booted from a party,lag and all the other issues that come with that has left me flat and total disappointed with the whole thing. I will still play but wow this could have been so much better. Now we see the Nuketown removed, that is a massive issue not only for the game but for the makers, opens the door for many legal ramifications.

Love the game!! Angry about Nuketown

Pick 10 is the best thing about this game. It really generates some creative classes. Also, gun balancing is great. Except for the sniper rifles which I think are a liitle too good with no scopes. Especially the semi-auto ones. I really like how they changed Ghost to make it a less camper-friendly perk.

There is too much UAV spam. It is so easy to get and Ghost is unlocked at level 55. I think that they should have made UAV unlocked later and harder to get. Also, the lag! I couldn't play for the last few days because of "Getting disconnected from BO2 servers"  "Connection Interrupted" "Lost connection to host" "Server connection timed out"

Fix the lag and server issues and this game is awesome!

tnscproductions

wow, not one positive review so far.....

thanks for your opinions, at least it's not just me.

Ive just found out about the nuketown thing aswell. Jesus, that was a silly thing to do.

Nuketown 2025 was a MASSIVE part in their advertising campaign, Personaly I don't play much nuketown anyway but still, I can see why people are angry, it even says "nuketown bonus map included" on the box for christ sake.

Well I was looking forward to this CoD game more than any CoD before it. Sadly after a week i've barely played it. Got to like lvl 20 (struggled to 20 more like it) and have stopped playign the past few days.

Why? Lag Compensation. Every match is too laggy and unbearable for me to really enjoy this game. It's not fun at all getting killed becasue players see me first, my bullets never kill players, and worst of all the 'best' connection search preference oes nothing but dump me in more yellow bar lag compensation matches.

So yeah, game is not fun at all until they fix it (if they ever do). I expected this game couldn't possibly screw up the networking becasue for the most part BO was solid. I could search local only and get perfect matches all the time. I barely get a playable match in Blops II. It's like MW3 all over, I refuse to relive that mess.

FamilyTeam

IMO, Black ops 2 Really is a good game, I am going to state my opinion on all of the mods

Campaingn:

Really epic, but kinda boring at times. Also, I really don't like some of the approaches they've taken with it, like, why in the bloody hell they start the game by killing Mason? Christ, when I first started the game, I tough he didn't even made it out of the damn introduction screen!

The weapons on singleplayer are just copypasta from one to another, but that's fine, it is singleplayer, it doesn't need balancing.

Zombies:

Well........... what can I say about zombies? Well, it is fun! ...for like 5 minutes...

I just don't like any of the maps included with the game, they are just too complicated! Seriously, i don't think this whole "collect and build things" was necessary, and TranZit is GINOURMOUS! What happened to maps with the style from Kino der Toten and Five? That is zombies to me, simple, fast paced action, NOT boring tatical style like on what they tried to do in BO2!

They really need to realese the old maps on a DLC, or else I won't even touch Zombie mode once again.

But, I guess in the end it is my opinion, don't bash me just because mine is different than yours.

Multiplayer

Almost perfect. ALMOST.

This is the most balanced COD game since COD4, BUT, we have a problem, COD4 wasn't perfectly balanced by any means. Sure, it is balanced by COD standards, but taking a look at the whole picture from other FPSes at the time, COD4 really had some bad stuff.

But back to BO2, there are a few main problems, some have already been posted up, while others are from myself:

-ALL of the SMGS are overpowered, and the only one they tried to balanced ended up kinda underpowered! (See: PDW57 performances at close range)

-The snipers are way too user friendly, they have low recoil, Large hitboxes, high power, and it is way to easy to Quickscope with them

- R870MCS>Everything at close to medium range. It is a SPAS from MW2. BUT BETTER....

-Type 25 is the new FAMAS

-Way too camper friendly. acording to my friend Perry1188 here, he says that the death of Ghost actually AMPLIFIED CAMPING.Here is my argueing thread where you can see his full explanation as to why.

-Perks do minor changes at best.

But other than that, i'm really happy with BO2. It is the only COD that actually gives you a reason to pick one assault rifle rather than other thanks to the fact they're balanced. The LMGs are good, ALL of the SMGS are OP, but that atleast makes them compete with one another to dominate the tier, with the exception of the MCS, the shotguns are all good, the pistols are beefcake and so on.

Thats my fair-and-square opinion so far. Hope you agree, if not, then reply with me with the reason you don't agree. Bye.

zingaa

Here's my review:

I hate this game more now then I did at the beginning. Trust me I'm usually the positive one telling everyone to stfu and quit whining, but I'm almost over this game.

Here's why (stating the obvious)

1) Lag makes the game unplayable for me at least 75% of the time.

2) Quickscoping needs to be nerfed, I shouldn't lose a close quarters battle with a quickscoper when I have a sub pointed right at him.

3) Maps are just a snipers delight, you think not playing objective in MW3 was bad, it's horrible now. It's forcing you to have to run around and just k/d whore, it's effing stupid.

I have yet to play campaign or zombies, but I might have to start a campaign to avoid the lag.. These are only my opinions coming from strictly a domination player.

I'm currently watching Jeopardy with my wife because the game is just a mess.

Rating

1 out of 10, 10 being best...I'd give it a 2.5 and I'm being generous.

•  

- R870MCS>Everything at close to medium range. It is a SPAS from MW2. BUT BETTER....

HAHAHAHA. Are you ******* serious? It is nowhere near as good as the MW2 Spas. And it's ******* underpowered is what it is. Have you tried using it yourself? Tell me how well you do, and how many bullshit hitmarkers you get with it.

Anyway OT. The game is a steaming pile of ****. It's MW3.5. TOo fast paced and chaotic. The maps are catered to run and gun **** with no strategy, I.E too many routes and windows everywhere. The trafic pattern is ridiculous. Quickscoping is even worse than MW3. Yep!

I really like this game, and I just can't stop playing it. Somehow I have absolutely good Internet gameplay, with no lag comp or kill delay. Multiplayer is really fun, with a good K.D., thanks to the campers. Zombies is awesome, with very few glitches but fluid gameplay. Campaign I have not played much, but I like the class system a lot. So I give the game a 12 on a 1 to 10 scale. Well done Treyarch; you truly have outdone yourselves.

I hated it at first but starting to like it.