29 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 11:54 PM by Tick7 RSS

do you enjoy black ops 2

how do you guys like the game so far

• Re: do you enjoy black ops 2
    cerberus4417

I like it.  They just need to iron out some connection issues but it will get there. 

SmokeyCheese1

I love the **** out of this iteration of CoD. pick 10 is probably the best idea theyve had yet.

This will be my last CoD unless they do something drastically different.

Whats to enjoy about getting spawn killed, by some one you don't see untill you've been shot due to lag comp.

Nothing works. Redeem codes for Hardened don't work ! Theater doesn't work !

I start a game of hardcore, I'm now forced to play this because of lag in core, and I don't get host the game plays reasonably well, if their is an host migration and I pull host which happens alot because of my 14 meg upload, the game turns to crapola and it's like I'm playing core with the hit markers I get, complete rubbish !

Eventually all the people with good connections will stop playing, this will then put the problem of lag compensation at the door of people with mediocre connections, these will then realise how unfair this game is, they will then stop playing leaving the only people playing sat outside in vans pinching Mc Donalds wifi.

SphinxTalkin

I want you to try and explain that to the kids who couldn't get a kill in the previous COD titles that are now owning face becasue of what they describe as "mad skillz".

Now I have to listen to some **uckwad after every game telling me I'm garbage because he was able to run around a corner, have a quick jerk, and then kill me all before I fired a shot.

i completley agree with you on everything your saying this game is a joke the lag comp is ridiculous the spawn trapping is even worse this game is not fun at all not only all of that but the fact that they launched this game with only 4 game modes in hardcore has to be the dumbest thing ever i am not a core player for the simple fact that you plug a guy with a whole clip and he doesnt die but then hits you with two bullets and your down some of the features of this game are bad a** but the game play in muliplayer is complete garbage on all game modes i thought this game was suppose to change the future of COD it seems it hasnt changed a bit it only seems to have gotten worse

agentjohnconrad

It has to be said that this game has alot right.
    Before we were so limited with some stuff and MW3 took piss abit being unable to edit certain settings and being a mostly HC player it was even more difficult. Sure they took out most of the HC modes in this game but I do hope they add more. KC was excellent in a HC setting.
    The pick 10 CaC allows you to set up a more precise class to match your style. Oh you don't use frags.... ok well take two other things that you DO use. Oh you don't want a second weapon, use a combat knife that has a trigger action button. Playing Tactical button setup is never easy with knifing when ya wanna sneak up on people without a silenced weapon but with the option to use trigger, it's just so much more fun to run into a room and stab the two or three snipers camping a room trying to QS like kids and just stab the **** outta them all by a few taps on the trigger as with the thumb is a little awkward sometimes and can go seriously wrong.

Now zombies is strange. The maps are a little underdesigned as they all feature in Trans with the expection of Nuketown but what I like most about it is how it all fits together. At the moment it's a bit over rated but with the new content drops I think they will expand heavily on this. I did also like the fact of finding a classic map in the fog.

As much as I do like this game, to get the real feel of what this game was intented for you really need to go to places like FraggedNation and GameBattles and so on. It's the only way really unless your very lucky to find a 6 person team on the other side and you have a team of 6. The rest is just for fun which it's meant to be. So far, I've had alotta fun and it just keeps coming at me. The lag does not really annoy me as it's a chaotic factor to expect in publics.

SP was so much more entertaining. The different endings and the story building up to it. They have shown some amazing talent there. Some bits were very funny like getting into the jet fighter and suddenly you are flying around and it's like "I have no clue what I am doing" lol. Tactical Missions, now these were awesome and the challenges with them puts you in control of everyone and being able to jump unit to unit and controlling the battlefield that are on MP maps.

All in all a great game with possible much to come.

oh and NO I ain't one of these fanboys, I don't care what the **** the company says, advertise is much as you like, the product is the one doing the talking. and oh for people who complainted about server issues and lag on day 1..... HOW MANY ARE TRYING TO CONNECT TO THE GOD DAMN GAME AT ONCE!!!!! Did you really think that there was not gonna be issues Day 1?

Lots of things I like about it. Maps actually being one of them despite peoples (most?) negative response towards them. If somehow the lag compensation is toned down it could quickly turn into my favorite CoD. Until then it's kind of no fun for me :[

jtvcptsniper

i love it i play on the ps3 and will be getting it for xbox

I did, until they took out Nuketown and made it only available in custom games.

F*ck treyarch.

I spen tmy money to play and rank up on this map and you take it away from us?

Never buying another CoD game.

Black OPS 2 lacks many things and the creators have not learned from other's mistakes.  Lag is a major problem throughout the entire multiplayer servers.  Head glitching is a major issue,  Getting spawn  killed 3-6 times in a row is a bit ridiculous.  Superior connection to the host is a sure way to win and high K/D.  Aiming is major problem.  The lag makes it delayed and shuffle all around.   This game is better as a coaster than in my xbox. 

This game is no longer a first person shooter it is a stratege game with lots of toys that suck. 

Thanks BO2 for taking all our money and giving us ****.

I enjoy it, thank you for asking.

Has great character build system. I REALLY like it. Being able to build a character EXACTLY the way you want is beautiful.

I like the guns too, but I hate it how they give you those high damage AR's last. I don't understand the reasoning behind that. I liked it how MW1 and 2 gave you low power and high power guns at the start. So you could pick what suits your style best. But yeah, guns feel good and so do the perks and stuff. SMG's are powerful... but that's ok, I didn't really like them in earlier games, in here they are really good. On par with AR's. LMG's have their spot too and they do a lot of damage.

Killstreak system is awesome too. Well... Pointstreak. Good thing it recycles and gives you rewards from assists and such too. Very nice.

Maps? I like the most of them, I think that village map is my favourite. Forgot it's name, with the tank in the middle and green fields. Very small map, but very good one too! I also like Hijacked, always had a weakspot for these long and thin maps. I dislike the Aircarrier one, there is just too much rubble in that map, it's hard to sometimes get sittulational awarness in it.

Connections are only REAL issue in this game. I just hate it when I fire 2-3 shots at my target and he just mows me down with what seems like 2 bullets but in his cam, it's carefully aimed shot where he fires 4 shots before I get to hit him almost at all. Good thing I feel like connection issues are stepping back a bit. ...Or maybe I just got better.

Oh yeah,

Aingleplayer: Haven't finished yet, don't like Strikeforce missions, but I like everything else so far!

Zombies: I... well it's boring. It really is, wish the campaign would have brought something to the table, but it didn't.

Dabulldozer

As of right now, i do enjoy it quite a bit. It has that feeling of gears of war [1] when using the shotgun; which is what keeping me interested in playing black ops.

all the maps minus [Carrier]

Weapons

point 10

dislikes:

Spawning

Knifes

claymores [i want to like em, but kind of useless compared to BB's]

HGStormy

Hate the lag compensation. Hate the map design (Hastro is an idiot. Headglitching is not an enjoyable aspect of the game, and competitive players are the minority, not majority). Seems destined to gather dust on my shelf along with MW3.

It's an alright game.

Multiplayer was fun, until they took out Nuketown and gun leveling / player leveling slowed down to a painful grind.

Campaign SUCKED. I'm currently in a mission failed loop, so I can't even finish the mission im on.

Voce recording for the Cutscene is TERRIBLE. Horrible quality, horrible sound mixing. Really low volume cut scenes. The idea isn't spectacular, and the innuindos to modern times is so wrong it's funny.

(Senator Petreus. I'm sure Treyarch falmfaced themselves after hearing about his affair)

(U.S.S Barack Obama? There's no time like Election time to put the face of the incumbent on a main ship. It's also the most split election in well over 50 years.)

I was, until they removed Nuketown 2025 off the playlist, even though it stated "It is Open 24/7" and that "We Never Close".

i like it. nuketown was a bonus so that dont effect thngs for me, lots of other maps

I don't like it that I can't hear when I just level-up. It used be a nice heavy guitar riff, but now I don't hear anything at all. It can be that there is a distinctive sound for it, but it is not noticable to me.

The other thing I don't like, is that I'm not able to choose which map I'm about to play. I can vote, sure, but only on two maps, and when there are 14 maps to choose from, 2 maps to choose from are not good enough.

Zombies is boring, and the campaign is too linear.

The guns are nice, but most names hold too many numbers. I'm indifferent to too many numbers. Nothing like a good strong name like the stoner, or the galil or commando.

The new perk system is, along with the scorestreak system, the best innovation of the game, second to the new nuketown 2025 map, but that was taken away where it mattered, so it doesn't count anymore.

banned-again

i aim, shoot and die so what do you think

cwatz

I like pick 10, the campaign gameplay aaaaaand thats about it.

I absolutely hate the campaign writing/story, control, netcode, maps, cqc clusterf***s, recoilless/instakill guns.

Bottom line.  This game is horrible.

r33k

im hopeing that this turns out like BLOPS1 did after everything was fixed.

love everything except:

lag compensation (make it consistent so i can adapt)

make a few adjustments to the spawns on smaller maps so people are not over run as soon as they spawn.

remove the "kill" tag in HC CTF. make it like BLOPS1 where only KILL was shown on UAV if they didnt have ghost. its painfully confusing to run twards a KILL tag thats in your face and you cant see the actual guy.

all those things fixed and it will be even better than BLOPS1 IMO

This game is trash. i thought Modern Warfare 3 was bad and then i got used to it but there is no getting used to this game unless you just accept being spawn killed/killed over and over.Even the guns in this game suck.The only way you can really get kills is with headshots. i use the best guns and still get killed by ppl using crappy guns. the only way i can get good scorestreaks is camping with a sniper rifle and hoping noone comes looking for me. this is DEFINITELY my last CoD unless they fix the spawn kills and the gunplay because someone with an anger problem like i have wont have an xbox or game for very long at this rate

smokesdope

At first no I hated it I've never be so mad at a game before but its starting to improve hit detection etc and they need to fix footsteps .

Once the problems are fixed then it should be a really good game as its probably the best balanced CoD . Snipers are fine so are the SMGs . I feel they need to tweak the ARs a little to get them on par with the SMGs but its not really a problem.

Ghost is fine the way it is and think its a good idea what they have done . As for Probation think that's good as well but think it should have been named "Cool off" or something don't think they should put across that your getting punished for getting mad at the game just that you need a short break to calm down lol and I've needed plenty of them !

The SMG's should be nerfed to bring them to the level of the AR's, not the other way around. And Ghost is not fine the way it is, it needs to have a timer on standing still or moving slowly, so that people can stop to kill somebody without showing on the radar. Also, probation needs to be removed, if people want to dashboard they will, nobody cares about probation, I know I don't, I've dashboarded plenty of unplayable games or games where I have joined a team getting raped, I didn't care about the 5min wait, which means it doesn't deter people from dashboarding and only annoys those that dc.

I agree with the first part though. The game will be amazing when things are fixed.

crazednat

I'll split it into likes and dislikes and I will first start off with saying that a week into MW3 last year I was having way more fun than a week into BO2.

Slums and Standoff (Maps)

Pick 10

Hardpoint

Scorestreaks (As opposed to killstreaks)

Campaign (Best yet, with WaW a close second)

Nuketown Zombies

Gun Balance, except for Shotguns which once again suck -__-

Vahnderhaar's interaction with the community, atleast he cares

Dislikes:

Every other map besides Slums and Standoff, as they are all to vertical and promote camping and headglitching

All the headglitching spots (Seriously there is like 10 times more of them in BO2 compared to MW3)

TranZit (Confusing as balls, with little to no instruction, playing with randoms is impossible)

They made shotguns **** again like in BO1 (Due in part to shitty connections)

Spawning in collision with an enemy, or spawing under a killstreak like Hellfire or something

Connection, even with good internet it seems random as to whether the game will detect my bullets or not, leads to inconsistent scores and frustrating times

Footsteps are impossible to hear even with Awareness which also makes Dead Silence useless

Ghost is still overpowered, should have made it sprint only

Unbalanced perks, literally, only Scavenger is useful for green, Tactial Mask for red (Possibly Extreme Conditioning), and then blue has Flak Jacket, Hardline, Ghost

Knifing still has a lunge even though they said it wouldn't -__-

Replacing Elite with a season's pass

Strikeforce missions (Friendly AI is completely useless)

The game lying about my NAT type

Overall multiplayer being frustrating

Damage inconsistencies like BO1 (Probably has to do with shitty servers and lag but thought I'd make it seperate anyways)

I do believe that is eveything, so far I think for the third year in a row I shall return to MW2 and COD4 oh well.

Tick7

Iron out the connection issues, fix hit detection, and this game has the potential to be the best Call of Duty since CoD 4