10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 11:22 PM by NocturnalLink RSS

Nerf Quick Scoping in WiiU Version of BLOPS2

Treize

I've been running into people who exclusive quickscope and unless this was a seperate build from the 360/PS3 version, it's piss easy to do for the WiiU (Remember how easy it was in MW2? Think that level of autoaim and quick snap.) It does get really irritated when you get the drop on someone,start hit markering them and suddenly you fall over dead because they do a quickscope and flinching doesn't matter the split second they scope in and fire.

I am seriously hoping that if we get some patches, that this is addressed.

Quickscope apologists for the other systems are saying it's harder to do, so it makes me think that those systems have restricitons that weren't put into BLOP2 for the WiiU.

• Re: Is quickscoping going to be gimped for the WiiU?
    ClonedLF

Quickscoping has always been scrubby anyway. It's a shame how easy it is, yet how powerful it makes people feel. As it is a community thing, I doubt they'll remove or fix it (even though I wish they did).

Mrderpski

It's deffinitely harder to quickscope compared to MW2 (where it always 1sk) and MW3. Despite the fast speed of aiming using the scope, the 1sk multiplier spots is pretty limited. The only time where it's near 'easy' is when you unlock the last few sniper rifles (Ballista and DSR50). The other 2 sniper rifle are much more 'tactical' since the SVU-AS (the modernized Dragunov) 1sk spot is the head and the XPR-50's 1sk spots are the upper chest and above.

TL:DR - It's harder.

If it were patched all the 'xx_MLGPR0_QSK1ng_xx' would complain the hell out of it but nonetheless it's not a serious issue. Since chances are you have an automatic weapon then you really have the advantage really since it's easy to miss using the sniper rifles.

PikaBoo

People have been using Sniper rifles?
    o.o
    >.<
    o.o
    Fo fo real reals? The second sniper rifle is pretty decent though I think thats the XPR-50 (these names ._.) but I haven't tried Quick Snoping I usually just pull out the pistol and heebie jeebies that second pistol, its not the Five Seven the other one, its so awesome these Assault rifle guys can't kill me when its CQC XD

Treize

After going through another match with a quick scoper, anyone who doesn't think it's in badly in need of a nerf for the WiiU version is full of ****.

He just does a quick snap kill every single time and it got to the point where he had to switch to secondaries because his rifle ran out of ammo.

GIMP QUICKSCOPING TREYARCH

Padiego

Yeah, quickscoping is easy on BO2..specially with the sniper rifle that ic0nb0y was using in his second Wii u gameplay(i think....). Combine that with the fact that the CCP aim assist is upped to the max and boom...

Treize

Quick scoping on Nintendo CoD games has always been piss easy because they never nerfed it in the first place along with the fact that Wiimotes used to destory them in Reflex. But Treyarchs been slowly pandering more and more to traditional controllers to the point where it seems like they have the edge.

If autoaim was deactivated when you use sniper rifles, I'd complain less, but in it's current form its untennable for the game.

The only solace as more and more people do it like the FMG9 before it, Treyarch will have to put in a patch. Then again, this is Treyarch's Nintendo divison. So i'm not cofident.

• Re: Nerf Quick Scoping in WiiU Version of BLOPS2
    BCCSinCARA

What quickscoping? lol

From what I've heard, aim assist in general on the dual analogs, is incredibly powerful, and more powerful than previous cod wii games. That's not a good thing. This would be another disadvantage for being a wiimote user, with the first being lack of cursor sensitivity settings, which feels sluggish compared to previous cod wii games.

just an xbox and ps3 player passing through...don't want no trouble ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)