25 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 10:14 AM by Izjar11 RSS

You have so much to learn from your enemies!!!

Izjar11

COD,

Take advantage now as the game progresses and learn from what killed you!

What situation was used, was it foreseen, was it inevitable, something new? Learn from your deaths, learn from the enemy, this game has a bigger learning curve than what many would have imagined (the developers add that). Learning to fight with the best out there is a struggle, as each of attempt to get more kills than deaths.

Question: Have you asked yourself, what am I doing wrong?

Note: This post is not intended to address lag / errors / hit detection / spawns you do not need to remind me of them so please do not mention it here.

• Re: You have so much to learn from your enemies!!!
    Izjar11

You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war

monkeylord

The one thing thats helped this headless chicken is the black hat it makes sure I move at the right pace for the game.

Izjar11

@ monkey could you explain this little further, not sure I understand what you wrote. Thanks

monkeylord

Sorry I just meant that because I charge a tad excessively and kept getting out gunned for whatever reason I asked some dude I was being outplayed by what he was doing class wise as I remebered him from MW3 and he was a heavy rusher and he told me about the black hat and how because of it's hack time means you have to adjust your route and not charge the map quite so much.

Izjar11

he told me about the black hat and how because of it's hack time means you have to adjust your route and not charge the map quite so much.

So him hacking others equipment meant he held down an area instead of rushing! I think thats a fine idea, I encourage any game style, but if one particular style is not producing results you need to accept that and find another. I dont think many feel comfortable changing styles.

LTSHiNySiDeZ

My enemy has made me realize that the lag comp on this game is terrible.  So to be able to counter that I just stream videos constantly to make my lag comp worse than theres.

What learn are you talking about? You just run and spray the **** out of smg and you can already win. You're lucky enough if you don't get the lag. This **** game is based on luck not skill!!!

Izjar11

What learn are you talking about? You just run and spray the **** out of smg and you can already win. You're lucky enough if you don't get the lag. This **** game is based on luck not skill!!!

I didn't post this to have to explain it further but what I am meaning is learn from the way you die, it either makes sense to you or doesn't. Running and spraying as you stated, is one tactic that I do not use.

I specifically said, I do not need to be reminded about lag issues, I already know they are prevalent.

ghamorra

Learn flanking routes. These maps are pretty open and there's all kinds of places to flank your enemy from. Once the game settles down and people develop traffic patterns it'll be so easy to take them out from behind

xxMr-Primexx

I've learned that there's way too many windows/corners/rooms to camp. Was hoping there would be a little less camping. I'm not a big rusher and do take my time running around the maps and it is frustrating how many times you get killed by someone in a window or head glitching......

Harv72

Use theater mode!!!

You can learn so much about what you're doing wrong by taking the time to go back at the end of your session and replay the games there.  Often-times it's things as simple as running around a corner when you should have known there was an enemy there, missing a dot on the minimap, or failing to realize that when the two teammates you had on your left got killed it meant you were about to be flanked.

Plus, if you take the time to play back the game through some of the other players' eyes you'll discover some great movement routes & head-glitches/firing positions.  And you'll be amazed at how often you find that the "camper" who killed you was actually rushing the entire game, but paused for a second because he recognized that you were coming while you failed to realize he was there.

BanHaMMer

Harv72 wrote:

Use theater mode!!!

You can learn so much about what you're doing wrong by taking the time to go back at the end of your session and replay the games there.  Often-times it's things as simple as running around a corner when you should have known there was an enemy there, missing a dot on the minimap, or failing to realize that when the two teammates you had on your left got killed it meant you were about to be flanked.

Plus, if you take the time to play back the game through some of the other players' eyes you'll discover some great movement routes & head-glitches/firing positions.  And you'll be amazed at how often you find that the "camper" who killed you was actually rushing the entire game, but paused for a second because he recognized that you were coming while you failed to realize he was there.

This ^^ is a good post, I have only played 3 hours of BLOPs because of work. But I did go through all my recent games where I was just dying and dying and actually could see the reasons why I was being owned. I was not thinking in game. It takes time to analyze your games. But if you have a couple of hours to kill, you do get to know your enemy and the art of war.

Izjar11

Great response, thanks for this important tip.

Yes, the word has become (in my eyes) a word used to describe your own excuse. Your assesment is correct.

I don't tend to learn much from enemies. Most situations I die in are in either out numbered or have the wrong tools for the job. I've found watching guys do well on YouTube who succeed in the situations I fail is a much better way to learn. That's just me personally, but after being barely positive 2 days into the game I've brought myself up to a 1.4 KD, so I'd say its working out