17 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 11:10 AM by hartsan RSS

sniper rifles are ridiculous!!!

they need to be rebalanced or something. someone sniped me numerously with no recoil or anything. one shot kills with silencers. totally ruining the experience. or atleast they should be game modes without specific weapons. this is my major bug bear of many probems in this game

• Re: sniper rifles are ridiculous!!!

They should also remove the sniper rifles while they were removing last stand.

Why not create more different items in the game types menu?

Some suggestions:

-anti-camp game type

-no sniper guns game type

and most importantly

-game type with the COD4 lag compensation algo (instead of the horribly broken one from MW3 and BO2)

You all really need to get a grip on the basic realities of first person war games that are based on reality...ie not Halo and other games like it. Shooting games based on reality...COD, Battlefield etc.. are tatical games where a large number of people IMO more than 50% play the game in a tactical manner (or in your terminology...camping). You need to put the cross that your carrying down, (whining about campers) build a bridge and get over it. Really you do. If you like to run around and never stop even for 5 or 10 seconds and don't clear your corners before running around them. That's your problem if you get popped by someone that is not running around like a chicken with their head cut off. And for the guy who started this thread..you obviously have never shot a sniper rifle in this game. They all have recoil, just like every other gun in this game. Lastly, snipers camp that is what they do, unless of course your one of the people that feels they must run around like every other rushers and ONLY no scope/quick scope....please get a life!

haha, cod isnt based on reality at all. in reality sniping is the ultimate and i would take up a spot on the battlefield with a sniper rifle, over any other position. however in a game based on entertainment and fun, i beileve it to be the most pathetic style of gaming ever, it reveals a sneaky, sly and cowardly personatility. oh and ive used a sniper rifle on the campaign and experienced no recoil at all. by all means they should be snipers but they could atleast have game modes that exclude certain weapons  

WolfEdw

No offence, but you must be a really bad player or otherwise ignorant. Sniping is usually different between campaign and multiplayer, can't say for sure since haven't played the campaign on BO 2. if you try to snipe or quickscope in multiplayer you'd probably get destroyed. Sniping is overly hard and slow in this game and the only game that has harder sniping is BO 1. I can get a lot better score with anyother gun than a sniper. Also since quickscoping is really effin hard in this game, snipers have to stay back and snipe which is really boring.

It's people like you that make the game more boring and in all honesty 3arch is supporting people like you by nerfing snipers and quickscoping every time.

But I do agree that Cod isn't realistic at all. Well, a slightly more than halo, but that's about it.

chris_mogzy

You're absolutely right, in the past few CODs (including this one) loads of people have got into the mentality that you have to run around otherwise you're camping which is just stupid. I remember playing COD 4 and WAW and they allowed for all types of players and a lot of the time there were good long range gun fights and a variety in gameplay instead of everyone being the same.

Black Ops was similar to this too, but MW2 and MW3 seemed to be catered to rushers, therefore people who played that way just assumed everyone else had to play that way too, otherwise they'd complain they were camping etc.

Now, to my delight, Black Ops 2 has reverted back to the days of COD 4 and WAW where you can enjoy the game (excluding current connectivity problems) and play it the way you like. I like to play tactically and use the FAL or M8 and enjoy having longe range fire fights and have a good aim. I really like the fact that I can use these guns and play how I like rather than being forced into a run-n-gun mode like MW3.

guys stop bitchen this is in evey CoD if you dont like it go play Hello Kitty Edventure!

740UKills

If it bothers you so much, throw up a UAV. It's not like snipers can camp anymore anyway; thus can easily be taken cared of. Sniping is fine. I like it.

brigasm_

When I snipe I et flanked so much after firing one shot! I had to put on danger close to help me with bouncing betties x2 which helps. This game is dominated by smg and AR. So many flank spots for every location. You have it backwards buddy.

ghamorra

I didn't think it was possible, but QSing has gotten easier. I've actually found real sniping to be more of a challenge. I think that's mostly due to the maps not allowing for proper sniping spots. The FAL is a better option to go with most of the time

Izjar11

they need to be rebalanced or something. someone sniped me numerously with no recoil or anything. one shot kills with silencers. totally ruining the experience. or atleast they should be game modes without specific weapons. this is my major bug bear of many probems in this game

I've been quickscoped one shot one kill amazing speed for a sniper rifle, haha. It doesnt happen much to me, and I tend to laugh at the moment. But they (sniper rifles) seem to be very strong in this game.

SoG_Hanix_PC

Yes, well, once again, Sniper Rifles are intended for long range combat and the closer you get to your target, the less of an advantage you have. It takes longer to ADS, it takes longer to settle in on a target, and it takes longer to recover from recoil; ooh, btw, while yes, there are things to help reduce recoil and weapon sway with the sniper rifles, it is always there. Sniper rifles are fine the way they are and they have their place. You have game modes where you need an Sniper overwatch. I played Demolition last night and broke out my sniper rifle. I killed the opposing teams sniper several times, and managed to stop the other team from stopping my teammates from planting and blowing the bomb on one of the targets. Now, I was still sniped occassionally by the other sniper, but we both had our place in the match. Snipers have their place in matches and in games; so just get over it.

mht6468

There are no rules to adhere to. People buy the game and can play it how they like and thats how it should be. If a player wants to sit in one position all game so what? Do something about it SHOOT em lol Why keep running into them if their such crap players?

Sniping is a skill (albeit an easier one in BO2) and can really help in tactical games like domination. The team gets the win and the points. Don't see a problem in that TBH.

SpongeBong

The lag in this game is nothing like MW3, its much worse.

As for camping, im ok with people doing it. If you have no balls and suck you're probably best off sitting behind a crate.

LOL@ "Tactical"

SoG_Hanix_PC

There is a difference between sniping and camping. A camper users a close to mid range weapon and sits, waiting for an easy target to come along. A sniper has to stay put because it's how sniping is supposed to work. It takes too long to ADS, it takes time to settle in on a target and fire an accurate shot. For a sniper to be affective, they have to kill quickly and with as few shots as possible. The fewer shots a sniper fires, the less likely there are to be spotted; and as long as they aren't spotted, they can continue to snipe from the same spot, but eventually they will have to move and being a good sniper mixes in that ability to get quick kills and knowing when they need to find a new sniping spot.

Sniping would be fun in this game but Spy Plane ruins most of the fun when even Ghost doesn't work for snipers. They really should allow ghost hide you when you are a sniper.