33 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2012 1:20 AM by Spartak96 RSS

Just got Black Ops 2.......not great!!

People used to moan about the sound effects in MW3....let me tell you Black Ops 2's are comical. Sound is crap. Graphics on the maps ain't that great either, and trying to work round classes is an art in itself

• Re: Just got Black Ops 2.......not great!!
    mwfan55

I have to agree on the sound. Granades and shooting both don't sound as good as MW3. Also the classes will take some time to get use to, but they are not as simple as MW3.

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

i've always said IW made better games than Treyarch. this was apparent after BO.

i'm SO glad i didn't buy this game. i have yet to hear anyone say anything really good other than in regards to Zombies. actually.. i haven't heard anything good about that mode either, but i haven't heard anything BAD... so... i guess that makes it.. "better"? LOL

IndyOldGuy

Spartak96 wrote:

People used to moan about the sound effects in MW3....let me tell you Black Ops 2's are comical. Sound is crap. Graphics on the maps ain't that great either, and trying to work round classes is an art in itself

Totally agree on the sounds, actually ruins it for me, plus with same lag stuff going on, makes Mw3 look better and better, lol

so far i have nothing positive to say about bo2. if you thought the lag was bas on mw3, then you aint seen nothin yet..been playing bo2 since last night, it says i have 4 bars, but plays like i have a red dot connection..i find myself walking into walls, gliding, while im shooting some1, i lag out and die.. or my screen freezes and i die, or it says host migration and i die..since 330 hawaii time, we havent been able to party up and play as a team, and since 10pm hawaii time i cant even get on a game..sooo disappointing, wtf

MW3 was my first online multiplayer video game, and despite all lag and bug issues, I spent lot of time having fun with it.

I bought BO2 (then it's my second multiplyer video game, yeahhh ) and although I did not have any connection or freeze issues like many players (I played yesterday from France, do not try again today) I am really disappointed too by this game :

- as you said, the sound effects are really bad, not at all realistic (the sound of some weapons are just like small farts).. maybe an issue with my headset, I have to check the sound options

- the textures are poor quality, too blurry, too much colored, giving the feeling of an old video game => one time again, not realistic

- maybe it's specific to MW3 but the hit detection is silent, not sound to indicate if we hit or not the target (maybe because of bad hit detection issue in the first black ops opus - never played, just heard about it - no sound <=> nobody can say if the game did not detect the hit or if the player really missed the target).. then I am lost when firing the enemy

stevonub420

Just like any other game that has come out for COD it has issues. MW3 has/had them at launch and BO had them also. Not sure about MW2 and WaW,but i read they are not perfect. Give them a while to work out the bugs. It sounds like these things can be fixed with patches.I'm sure there are alot of complaints on the forums because of course they have nothing better to do,but if you look at how many people bought and are playing the game,the percentage isim sure, alot lower than half.

IndyOldGuy

PifGlopGlop wrote:

MW3 was my first online multiplayer video game, and despite all lag and bug issues, I spent lot of time having fun with it.

I bought BO2 (then it's my second multiplyer video game, yeahhh ) and although I did not have any connection or freeze issues like many players (I played yesterday from France, do not try again today) I am really disappointed too by this game :

- as you said, the sound effects are really bad, not at all realistic (the sound of some weapons are just like small farts).. maybe an issue with my headset, I have to check the sound options

- the textures are poor quality, too blurry, too much colored, giving the feeling of an old video game => one time again, not realistic

- maybe it's specific to MW3 but the hit detection is silent, not sound to indicate if we hit or not the target (maybe because of bad hit detection issue in the first black ops opus - never played, just heard about it - no sound <=> nobody can say if the game did not detect the hit or if the player really missed the target).. then I am lost when firing the enemy

Ya why is hit detection silent??? I hate that!!!

sdredger

love black ops 2, well at least i did for the 2 hours i got to play it yesterday..

cant get on it today, neither can anyone on my friends  list.

possibly the worst launch ever...

i'll give it till the wknd, if that dont work i will feel royally mugged off! supposed to be double XP wknd.

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

i'm SO glad i didn't buy this game. i'm REALLY glad i didn't go through the trouble of pre-ordering it. and thank GOD i didn't wait in line to get it on the release day. LOL

i almost gave in. almost.

di3sel

Treyarch COD is not true Call of duty!  They always steal ideas from Infinity ward,  and their games have a very dark and evil feeling.  I'll never buy their games.

IndyOldGuy

wow, now it has become almost impossble to even play a match online in bo2, and something is definately amiss when you cannot kill ANYONE at all!! LOL

Update on my original post.......

Still utterly shocked at the poor sound of the guns etc. This game is meant to be a step forward.....it's far from that. It annoys me that after how many hundred of hours this game has had in game testing, why oh why do we have to put up with......1) crap sound effects 2) poor graphics 3) shadow areas where it is near impossible to see anyone hiding in them (and no it's nothing to do with setting up the contrast/colours before anyone jumps on that one) 3) The grenades that explode with the sound of a weak fart 4) unable to connect issues 5) lag is DIRE 6) when you do get into a game internet connection fluctuates like something on crack......full bar.....nope in the red......hold on 2 bars.....nope red again......nope full bar.....nope 1....and so the mad robotics on screen begin 7) So fed up of blatently being the first to reel of a load, on target, to end up dead after two shots 8) try playing a private match of TDM and try and work out how to select who's going on what team......it's near on impossible or luck 9) being thrown out during a game 10) menu screens not that exciting and a little poor in their work-around.

Right that's my moan for now.......will add more soon........I'm sure

IndyOldGuy

Spartak96 wrote:

Update on my original post.......

Still utterly shocked at the poor sound of the guns etc. This game is meant to be a step forward.....it's far from that. It annoys me that after how many hundred of hours this game has had in game testing, why oh why do we have to put up with......1) crap sound effects 2) poor graphics 3) shadow areas where it is near impossible to see anyone hiding in them (and no it's nothing to do with setting up the contrast/colours before anyone jumps on that one) 3) The grenades that explode with the sound of a weak fart 4) unable to connect issues 5) lag is DIRE 6) when you do get into a game internet connection fluctuates like something on crack......full bar.....nope in the red......hold on 2 bars.....nope red again......nope full bar.....nope 1....and so the mad robotics on screen begin 7) So fed up of blatently being the first to reel of a load, on target, to end up dead after two shots 8) try playing a private match of TDM and try and work out how to select who's going on what team......it's near on impossible or luck 9) being thrown out during a game 10) menu screens not that exciting and a little poor in their work-around.

Right that's my moan for now.......will add more soon........I'm sure

As a musician with some experience at hearing these sounds come from electric drums and drum machines, ,  it sure sounds to me like some of these gun sounds are nothing more than an electric drum machine using different speeds and tones...lol

sdredger

okay, so now bo2 is working again, and its great!

The sound isnt as good as mw3 in the sense that sound whoring is harder -> not great for enemy footsteps, but gun sounds and environment sound awesome.

as for the lag issues people talk about???LOL i think it is brilliant, i think that people who have **** internet are the ones that are havin problems at last!

better internet seems to finally = better gaming experience!

sutakas

Yesterday I just bought a copy and at first when I played it I thought my headphones are broken:) Lol, those sound effects are just pathetic.

First map what I played was Drone and my  impression was...WTF am I playing DOOM??

Other maps were almost OK, but still seems that Turbine is only map where I should consider using AR instead of SMG's. Only close range combats.

To sum this up, it was fun to play it, but still I had a feeling like I'm playing 10 years old game. At least for me this game is too lugubrious/depressive. Just use more colours and better music But I think it is meant to be this kind of game.

Yet another update.......I now have sound problems. I can hear people talking fine.....I now have the sound, best described, of a "helicopter" in place of the ingame sounds I should be experiencing. Suffered majorly with the game crashing, freezing, menu screens being really slow to respond, menu screens freezing for 30-45 seconds at a time. It's time for the game developers to get a grip, post a MAJOR apology to everyone for releasing a game that is so far from completed and playable it's beyond a joke. I would STOP advertising this game anywhere, until the problems are sorted, as taking peoples hard earned cash for this rubbish is wrong.

runningsolo

I went to gamestop the other day to get a gift card and asked the guy if anyone had been coming in for a refund due to the ps3 problems.  He actually said "not aware of any ps3 problems."  I told him what is going on and his reply was "the only reason anyone has been asking for refunds or trade ins is due to them being dumb"

wow

dowers24_7

Honestly guys it is so much better than you make it sound, I thought the same as you when I first got the game but now that I am used to it it is a really good game! Zombies is the best ever, multiplayer has way more possibilities and it's just a matter of time until people realise it's actually good!

dowers24_7

Honestly guys it is so much better than you make it sound, I thought the same as you when I first got the game but now that I am used to it it is a really good game! Zombies is the best ever, multiplayer has way more possibilities and it's just a matter of time until people realise it's actually good!

dowers24_7

Honestly guys it is so much better than you make it sound, I thought the same as you when I first got the game but now that I am used to it it is a really good game! Zombies is the best ever, multiplayer is really good and has way more possibilities and it's just a matter of time until people realise it's actually good! And to you people who judge only by online forums GET A LIFE! You judge things off other people who have probably never played the game either!

dowers24_7

Honestly guys it is so much better than you make it sound, I thought the same as you when I first got the game but now that I am used to it it is a really good game!

dowers24_7 your a CLOWN!!!! Wake up and look at what people are saying about Black Ops 2. You've only got to look at the 4 times you've posted the same comment......it's as if your trying to convince yourself there's nothing wrong with it, but I assure you, as a person that has listed all the above problems, the game IS broke, and need's fixing FAST!!!

Another moan....................If my mates are on line and already in a game mode, I will try to join their game, when it states that the game they are in IS joinable. It never ever works.....always comes back with game mode full...............so why state it's joinable!!!!!