41 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2013 7:47 PM by whitey-88 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol

StickyLagg

So I am in a game with 5 of my friends for about the 50th time and end up rage quitting because our 6 man team get so much lagg against us we quit. Me and my friends all hold a 3.0 kd + on black ops and 2.0 kd on mw3, yet every game we play on or in on black ops 2 we all end up with a minus kd. We start a lobby and begin with only us lot in it, people join us and they always end up host. ???????? we all live in uk, 4 people from the north 2 from the south, I have a 100 meg d/s , 15 ms ping and 5 meg up/s. 2 others also have 100 meg d/s yet we have to suffer because of other peoples bad connections. Dont ruin it for the people who have these fast download speeds, its not our fault we go out to work and earn a hard days crust to get the finer things in life and then you punish us for it. You have completely ruined this game with the lack of servers or the lagg compensation you give to these people who have a high and better internet. This all brings me back to why I originally posted and that is dont punish us with probation warnings and bs 5 minutes probation because of your shitty servers and punishment for paying for better internet speed. I purchased 4 copies of this game on release, 2 hardened and 2 normall editions, I have done that on all previous cod releases buying for me and my children. If you continue to punish us with this probation warnings etc then I will be returning all 4 copies straight away and getting my money back, GET RID OF THE PROBATION BS its not our fault we have to quit lobbies because you cant provide adequate servers........

  • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol

    its the first week of the game give them a break, there servers are almost hitting 900k at night if you cant handle it please eject the disk and go play minecraft

    • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
      Nubdub

      DRiehl wrote:

       

      its the first week of the game give them a break, there servers are almost hitting 900k at night if you cant handle it please eject the disk and go play minecraft

      I remember the devs telling us that the first week MW3 was out. They had over a million on the server at once and claimed that was why the game lagged. 12 months later........exact same lag issue with less than 100k on the server. Nothing ever changed. Saying its due to the amount of people on the server is a cop out. The host doubles as a server in the game so it really shouldn't matter how many people are playing. Actually the more people that play,, the better your odds are of getting matchmade with someone closer to you so the game should actually play better.

       

          I have the feeling we are in for another 12 months full of excuses and empty promises until the next game comes out. I would not have even purchased this one if not for the zombie mode because I knew this would happen. You can already see the consequences of the damage done by MW3 just by looking at the number of people playing this game. Looks to me like at least 25-30% drop in sales. MW4 will be even worse. This series peaked at MW2 and has been on a downward spiral ever since. Of course this could all change if they just quit trying to artificially adjust pings.Really, how long does it take them to realize customers are dropping like flys from it?

      • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol

        sales are hitting records with every release and i never have bad games i usually take host and tbh my interent is boss just add me on xbox and play online with me haha

      • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
        starbuckfrack

        Nubdub wrote:

         

        Really, how long does it take them to realize customers are dropping like flys from it?

        How can you ignore the fact that each iteration of the COD games have broken records each year ? You can tell they arent dropping like flies because more people are buying them each year.

         

        Blops1 sold more than MW2. MW3 sold more than Blops1. Blops2 sold more than MW3.

         

        Each first day sales were higher than the last. Blops2 one sold about 8.3 mllion copies on the first day.

         

        So how is that dropping like flies ? If a customer returns an opened copy to Gamestop then Activision doesnt lose any money.

         

        I can agree with you on the lag. But when Activision or IW (whoever) doesnt see it as an issue to them then the problem doesnt exist. Even IF the problem is in the game coding they still safely can answer the games problem is based on internet issues.

         

        If the telemetry at TreyArch shows the game is running as planned with 2 percent of the people having internet issues then the problem doesnt exist.

    • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
      maid_deAragon

      ok so whats your argument now.. its now a few months along and I do not quit games but now if host migrates or game freezes I am put on probation and I called activision was 76 person in line and then on the phone for 20mins where the guy had the cheek to tell me its up to the player to mke sure they had good service etc.. what alot of Bull S@##  .. So i started a new id because the guy said it was written into the game and low and behold i get to level 9 played 2 games got froze out of 2 then i am on probation again on a BRAND NEW ID .. this is so flipping frustrating & wrong. I have just purchased the season pack and our family (3 of US) had purchased the BO2 collector packs so all up that is $700 without adding the internet each month  so am i going to get a refund for all the money and hours i have put into this game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I agree first few weeks hiccups so be it but now it is totally wrecking the entire game play

    • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
      maid_deAragon

      ok so whats your argument now.. its now a few months along and I do not quit games but now if host migrates or game freezes I am put on probation and I called activision was 76 person in line and then on the phone for 20mins where the guy had the cheek to tell me its up to the player to mke sure they had good service etc.. what alot of Bull S@##  .. So i started a new id because the guy said it was written into the game and low and behold i get to level 9 played 2 games got froze out of 2 then i am on probation again on a BRAND NEW ID .. this is so flipping frustrating & wrong. I have just purchased the season pack and our family (3 of US) had purchased the BO2 collector packs so all up that is $700 without adding the internet each month  so am i going to get a refund for all the money and hours i have put into this game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I agree first few weeks hiccups so be it but now it is totally wrecking the entire game play

  • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
    StickyLagg

    Why fix something when it isn't broken ???????? black ops servers fine, mw3 a bit dodgy at times but playable, these servers and lobbies are just ridiculous, unfair 1 on 1 gunfights, people shooting round corners the list is endless. Dont ruin all that hard work you put into this great game by letting it down with your awfull servers..........

    • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
      metalbomber013

      Yeah its is a great game but I gotta agree the servers right now are trashy and lag comp is terrible dude. I just turned my xbox off because of it. I was just in a game and it migrated hosts and I swear the kid that got host was playing cod in a van stealing wifi from fckin mcdonalds or something. But I don't complain this stuff takes time to fix. I do think they should take the ban off as well though, at least until lag comp and everything is improved.

  • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
    Foxhound-Pro

    Truth be told, you can have amazing bandwidth, but have a horrible ping too. The luxury of your internet package is the amount of content you can download at once. Not the ping at which you connect to the internet and your peers.

  • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
    AppyHappyLad

    tbtbb i got the gane on mid release since then and now I haven't had  a problem all just had host migration for like 3 times that's it and my internet aint that good (15Mps) lol even when I rarely use wireless I don't lag! and you shouldnt rage quit anyway I do good but when I don't I just carry on even when I have a sh*t team! just cope if not get the pc version then complain about lag on Xbox (Server lag bot frame lag) lol!

  • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
    AppyHappyLad

    tbtbb i got the gane on mid release since then and now I haven't had  a problem all just had host migration for like 3 times that's it and my internet aint that good (15Mps) lol even when I rarely use wireless I don't lag! and you shouldnt rage quit anyway I do good but when I don't I just carry on even when I have a crap team! just cope if not get the pc version then complain about lag on Xbox (Server lag bot frame lag) lol!

  • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
    xrebelassassinx

    Your gettin a minus kd cuz you and your team suck dude.

  • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
    starbuckfrack

    Doesnt matter if you bought 4 copies or 20 copies you still dont get any better service then the rest of us.

     

    PS you can return the games if you want or even throw them in the trash. Doesnt matter Activision already made their money off of you. Gamestop will be the one making more money from you when you return them.

    • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
      StickyLagg

      We don't have a Gamestop here in the uk mate, but just got back from my HMV where I purchased all 4 copies from and got a full refund for one of my hardened editions. I stated that the game kept crashing in certain places and that one of the main reasons I bought game was for the multiplayer experience and that due to the lagg / server issues the game was unplayable. Full refund issued and also alerted trading standards with the problems that we are experiencing, if lagg / servers problems still exist they will helpin getting full refund for the other 3 copies. Don't want to go down this route but the game is totally unplayable online and I have near enough the strongest download speed and ms ping that the uk has to offer. Hope lagg / server issues get sorted as I love everything about the game story mode, zombie modes, guns, perks, clarity, maps, scoring etc. its just the unreliability,lagg,server and inconsistency of lobbies and games which is ruining it.

      • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
        gdexter

        LOL i love people that bleet off about reporting things to Trading Standards here in the UK.

         

        They won't do anything about it, the game is sold as is and I am sure that it mentions on the box that multiplayer experiences online will vary.

        • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
          StickyLagg

          Trading standards do a lot buddy, already had a full refund for one of my hardened editions mate. There is a way and means around everything, if it don't do exactly what it says on the tin then you are entitled to full refund

          • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
            gdexter

            Well Trading Standards haven't done this for you, HMV have taken the decision to do this for you.

             

            No doubt you went in there all guns blazing with threats of Trading Standards after speaking to a store manager.

             

            And actually, having worked at GameStation for over 4 years a while back, if the actual game disk is faulty or broken, then you are entitled to a refund.

            If the game is not physically broken, and you are just unhappy with it or it's quality, then an exchange or credit is usually offered.

            • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
              StickyLagg

              At no point did I say trading standards did this for me, I said I had alerted them incase I need to take the other 3 copies back, in worse case scenario and issues aren't solved then I will be returning the other 3 copies. Didn't need to go in there all guns blazing, you don't win any arguements by raising your voice, maybe by telling a few porkies and bluffing you will though  

              • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
                starbuckfrack

                StickyLagg wrote:

                 

                At no point did I say trading standards did this for me, I said I had alerted them incase I need to take the other 3 copies back, in worse case scenario and issues aren't solved then I will be returning the other 3 copies. Didn't need to go in there all guns blazing, you don't win any arguements by raising your voice, maybe by telling a few porkies and bluffing you will though  

                You still wont get a full refund on the other 3 copies. The game STILL does play online. It may play like crap for you and others in your area but it still plays.

                 

                If you are able to get online and get into a match the factor of having hitmarkers not register, etc will not get you a refund.

                 

                The most anybody ever got a full refund was on the Premium version of Elite due to things missing at that time.

  • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
    gdexter

    In response to your initial post - you mention a 15ms ping time.

    This is the ping time to the server which you are performing the speed test with.

     

    You need to ping the  BLOPS2 servers IP address and see what your ping time and total round trip time is.

     

    I gaurantee you it will be much higher

    • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
      StickyLagg

      I think that has already been done by someone on here and they found it was 1000 ms ping difference thus resulting in a full second lagg, I mean c'mon, a full second lagg no wonder people are dieing so much before they have even raised their guns or spotted a guy coming round a corner. Don't punish the people with good internet speeds etc. is all I am saying, and while this game is having teething problems there is no single point in giving people probation etc. just because they are getting slapped due to the inconsistent and poor servers/lagg. Just ano0ther thought for the day, why should people also get probation warnings and bans when they are getting kicked offline by a ddos attacker ??? a DDOS attacker can keep constantly keep kicking people out of games once he has there ip address and this wil then result in that person getting probation and a likely ban, how do you cater for that ?????

      • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
        gdexter

        Beef up your home security.

         

        That is not Treyarch nor Activion's issue.

      • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
        starbuckfrack

        StickyLagg wrote:

         

        I think that has already been done by someone on here and they found it was 1000 ms ping difference thus resulting in a full second lagg, I mean c'mon, a full second lagg no wonder people are dieing so much before they have even raised their guns or spotted a guy coming round a corner. Don't punish the people with good internet speeds etc. is all I am saying, and while this game is having teething problems there is no single point in giving people probation etc. just because they are getting slapped due to the inconsistent and poor servers/lagg. Just ano0ther thought for the day, why should people also get probation warnings and bans when they are getting kicked offline by a ddos attacker ??? a DDOS attacker can keep constantly keep kicking people out of games once he has there ip address and this wil then result in that person getting probation and a likely ban, how do you cater for that ?????

        First of all a DDOS attacker is VERY rare. No one is going to spend time or money attacking peoples service. The game code can tell the difference when you quit and when you lose power, etc. As you said you and your freinds quit games regularly. So dont even go to that excuse.

         

        For example when you hit the X button on the screen and then chosse to leave the game to the dashboard, THAT is recorded as dashboaring. When you use the menu to leave the game THAT can also be recorded by the game software.

         

        As for the lag, wecome to console gaming, EVERY game has lag due to the main factor of what makes it worse is the low bandwidth used by the Xbox for gaming. It doesnt punish you for having good internet because the Xbox console doesnt use all of your bandwidth, only a small fraction when you are gaming. All the lag comp does is smooth out the bumps in the lag.

         

        The "teething problems" will exist with or without lag comp. all they will do is tweak parameters and that is it. The lag will still have issues.

         

        As for servers, the game only has TWO. One for matchmaking, which is run by Microsoft to match up players and one at the END of the game when it stores data. All that gaming in between the only "server" is the person who got picked as host. HIS Xbox is the server.

  • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol

    StickyLagg wrote:

     

    So I am in a game with 5 of my friends for about the 50th time and end up rage quitting because our 6 man team get so much lagg against us we quit. Me and my friends all hold a 3.0 kd + on black ops and 2.0 kd on mw3, yet every game we play on or in on black ops 2 we all end up with a minus kd. We start a lobby and begin with only us lot in it, people join us and they always end up host. ???????? we all live in uk, 4 people from the north 2 from the south, I have a 100 meg d/s , 15 ms ping and 5 meg up/s. 2 others also have 100 meg d/s yet we have to suffer because of other peoples bad connections. Dont ruin it for the people who have these fast download speeds, its not our fault we go out to work and earn a hard days crust to get the finer things in life and then you punish us for it. You have completely ruined this game with the lack of servers or the lagg compensation you give to these people who have a high and better internet. This all brings me back to why I originally posted and that is dont punish us with probation warnings and bs 5 minutes probation because of your shitty servers and punishment for paying for better internet speed. I purchased 4 copies of this game on release, 2 hardened and 2 normall editions, I have done that on all previous cod releases buying for me and my children. If you continue to punish us with this probation warnings etc then I will be returning all 4 copies straight away and getting my money back, GET RID OF THE PROBATION BS its not our fault we have to quit lobbies because you cant provide adequate servers........

    TLDR?

     

    I pay lots of money for top internet so I want an advantage over everyone else.

     

    Yours truly, Dashboard n00b

    • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
      StickyLagg

      I don't pay lots of money for my internet speed as my dole payments can't afford it, I am awaiting on my cold weather winter payments to actually pay for the game as I have yet to buy it and the reason why I come on forums like these is because I have nothing going for me in life and so much spare time. Dreading when I do get the game though as my shared internet connection in my overcrowded bedsit won't allow me to go online, looks like I will have to keep buying fries from mcdonalds to sponge off there internet.

       

      Yours truly, COD_WIDOW

      • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
        feltundead

        actually they don't punish people for their internet connections they punish people for leaving the game because they are losing or they died and it causes unfairness in the game due to the other team having more people. I was on a game of Search and Destroy recently and just because 2 ppl died once they both left. In the end there was only me. I have 30mg fibre broadband with Virgin and i put the conncetion on Black Ops 2 as Best so i always get people with good connections. I've only ever had Host Migration 2 times since i've had the game. Never had lag other then that. It must depend on the area you are in to whether you have a lag spike in your connection. Plus if you have a really good connection as you keep boasting (Best in the UK) the game probably chooses you as the host and that puts more pressure on your connection which could well cause lag or lag spikes in your gameplay. Maybe try turning your NAT to Strict so the game doesn't choose you over other people to host and see how your connection goes then

      • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
        gdexter

        So hang on.

         

        You have 4 kids and you are using your cold weather winter payments (which is meant to be used for gas and electric at your home) to buy the game. Priorities mate....

         

        But in your first post you said you already bought 4 copies of the game, becuase you were in a game in a 6 man team, you then went on to say that you returned your copy to HMV so you no longer have the game, but ou are yet to buy it!?

  • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
    RoeParcRanger

    The answer suck it up. I suffer from lag comp so I sneak around behind them and shoot them in the back, sure it takes more bullets but it works.

  • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol

    You've got kids and this is the way you deal with unfavourable situations?

     

    You're a baby OP, and you need to get over it. No one cares if you return the game, least of all treyarch or activision. Maybe you're not good at this game and you need more practice. Regardless this isn't the way an adult acts when disappointed by a video game. Quir your ******* and get your kids into sports ffs

  • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
    ctrl-s

    just enough time to skin up a spliff LL

  • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
    Harbingerofdoom

    ITT:

    several people who dont understand how games are hosted or what lag compensation actually is

    before you complain about "server lag" you should check out where the actual servers ARE in cod titles.

  • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
    Skullcrusher1546

    i was on ps3 playing online splitscreen and i was second player and my friend was signed in to his acount adn i was signed into mine and he left a match and it said i was on probation and he just hit the back button and now it rester my rank and all my stuff it still shows my stats i just dont have my class,calling card nothin and it pisses me off becuase i was level 31 prestige 4 and now it sais im only level 6 and my freind wouldnt even give me time to read about the probation adn i dont even know how long im on it

  • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
    jwaller123

    First....Your title says

    Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol

     

    I find this funny as the game is not run from servers.

     

    Then you say...

    StickyLagg wrote:

     

    So I am in a game with 5 of my friends for about the 50th time and end up rage quitting

    ...Looks to me like this is YOUR fault. NOT the games. Quit dashboarding and you will be fine. Back out normal and you won't see a ban. I know this first hand as I have NEVER had a ban for quitting a game....EVER.

  • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
    SymbioticMenace

    Cry me a river--it's five minutes. Personally, I think the anti-rage quit system is pretty terrible. It doesn't really do much to deter ragequitters and it just causes more people to lose out on high-scoring games.

  • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
    gallp13

    2xp weekend

    more lag than usual

    Host dashboarding increases

    servers drop connecting mid migration.

    Innocent bystanders get probations......again and again and again

    injustice.....Sux Dix

  • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
    Myramuff

    Exactly. I was the first one to post about the constant privations my bf been getting and I've been getting so much crap. They don't even want to help but start saying & assuming "don't rage quit" seriously...we don't all need to write specific details as to why. Just know that the probation is bs. It's understandable if like what u said there's major lag and its unplayable or if u haven't played all day etc. it should understand it and let u find another lobby.

  • Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol
    whitey-88

    Probation is absolute BS!!

     

    Whenever I get into a game, and play for a few mins, it says  "migrating hosts" and eventually i get booted out of the game. Then when  i try to start another game, i get hit with 5:00 probation. It seems  that due to other hosts poor connections, i am unable to finish games,  causing me to be hit with probation. This has been happening so  frequently that I am virtually unable to play online anymore through no  fault of my own.

     

    This  to me is unacceptable. I completely understand the intent behind this  "probation" and how much of an inconvenience it is to everyone when  players repeatedly and INTENTIONALLY "rage quit" and leave gaames prematurely. This has severely pissed me off!!  I will NOT be  buying anymore COD games.