14 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 6:54 AM by IHerpIMyIDerp RSS

I see what you did 3arc.

SphinxTalkin

Before I was getting 6perks(regular perk and pro version) for the price of 3, plus attachments on my primary/secondary, a lethal and two taticals. And if I really wanted too I could have every perk in the game at the cost of not having killstreaks. So the pick 10 system is really just ******* me over.

In previous cod games I had a 2classes that never changed. My counter air class which had all the defensive perks and a launcher. and another with all the defensive perks and a regular secondary. Because I wanted to camp??? NO.......because I didn't want every johny fuckin chimpo with a gun chasing my Red Hot Dot across the map. COD is about balance. Dead silence/Sit Rep Pro. Flak jacket/Danger close. Cold blooded/UAV heartbeat sensors. Blind Eye/Air support. I can go on and on but my point is that you should have hard counters for everything in the game.

I shouldn't be forced to play a certain way(AKA sprinting across the map with my smg and hipfiring every poor S.O.B that is unlucky enough to show up as a blip on my radar). If people are spamming uavs/air support I should be able to stay hidden and safe without giving up an arm and a leg in your pick 10 system.

I want to like this game, I really do. The guns actually seemed balanced when the hit detection and lag comp are working correctly. Killstreaks are fantastic/albeit a little to uncommon. When the highest Scorestreak you see on a consistent basis is a care package something is wrong.

The game ran into trouble when it started changing things based on the 10% that complained about this or that. Well now you've found out that the other 90% won't stand for being force fed a garbage game. You've already got our money and we can't change that, but you can be damn sure the community won't buy another COD if something doesn't change.

P.s you wanted to stop camping so you put in 40x the ammount of head glitch spots? I feel like the game plays exactly like the suprise commercial. You get one kill and then suprise...

Oh and nuketown is downright unplayable. The average life on that map is probly under 3seconds. I barely have time to mash my buttons before I have to hit X to respawn again.

• Re: I see what you did 3arc.

Good post, well said.

Agreed. They wanted to stop camping, but absolutely encouraged it considering if you decide to move from a spot your red dot will be abruptly surrounded and double penetrated.

RoeParcRanger

I don't see as many campers, yeah some snipers hold the over watch positions, but less people hiding behind corners unless its an objective match and they're defending.

SphinxTalkin

People are camping just as hard as ever. The diffrence is now you can't flank them. You use one of the 3billion head glitches to have a gun fight with them and its 50/50 whether they kill you or not because they are staring at the corner/door that you are coming to beacuse guess what...your a red dot.

Oh but wait you were smart and didn't stop sprinting even once so you've stayed off the radar. Suddenly a wild bouncing betty appears. You hesitate a split second to shoot it or crouch to avoid death only to find that GUESS WHAT!!! your a red dot again and half the enemy team is now chasing a blip on their radar...

I I am sorry but I have to disagree. Most of the people that are complaining about the new black ops, are people that were hardcore  campers in previous COD titles. I like the pick ten system. Who really needs a primary with two attachments, a overpowered secondary, two lethals, a tactical, and a series of perks. For Gods sake run and gun. Use a primary set the way you like it. Give up a launcher and pick the perks you want. The pick ten allows you to create the soldier you really want. And to address nobody getting killstreaks above a care package. I used the executioner handgun on nuketown 2025 to go 30/2 in free for all and got a wathog air strike. So it can be done if people will get up, start moving and quit camping. I have to say, I have had more enjoyment out of ths cod title than any previous one.

SphinxTalkin

I'm glad that lag compensation is working for you. If you really believe that you should be able to go 30/2 in free for all using a SECONDARY with minimal range then black ops 2 is for you. Guarantee you were killing people who had just spawned, got phantom hit markerson you, and you probably were camping.

Send me the film mate.

I've have never experienced lag comp this bad. In BO1 it would be 1 out of 10 games in MW3, 1 out of 5 games, in this game I experience it 4 out of 5 games. I've never seen anything like it!

Actually I don't camp. I use either a pistol, or no primary and secondary and I use my combat knife. I am very successful with those setups. The point is to keep moving. I charge right at the enemy, because I use my head. Let them empty a magazine, charge and knife. You don't have to be a genius. Just have to be smarter than you. The ones hating on the game are the ones that suck at it, and you are driving that bandwagon. I like the game. I prefer it to a bunch of 8 year olds quick scoping everyone mw3. You can think what you want and make all the excuses you want to downplay why you as just bad at the game. It's not the game, its just you. If ya don't like the game, take the disk out and pop in minecraft. May be more your speed.

SphinxTalkin

You just proved my point. Your playing a first person shooter that has primary weapons for a reason with just a secondary and doing well. You say people empty entire mags at you and you just keep charging at em with impunity, that pretty much proves my point abou the lag compensation.

If you think its just people who suck at this game that are complaining you need to check the forums. People that have been very successful COD players are not doing as well and the general consensus isn't that they lack skill, rather the game is rewarding idiots and people with connection issues.

The point being made is, use your brain. When someone fires and you are being shot at, take cover. Because idiot like you and the rest of the whiners will empty a magazine into thin air like a kid on his first date. When they stop firing, charge them. You don't have to be a genius. I know you are struggling with the concept, but I can't say it much clearer. Also in regards to being given a primary and secondary for a reason. Treyarch themselves set this up to give the player the freedom to play however they want. It's the campers like you that can't sit on the edge of the map with a suppressed rifle, ghost, ninja and blind eye anymore that are angry. In regards to look at the complaints. I see a few. But out of how many copies sold now? Around 8 million, and we have a few dozen of the same people crying because they can't camp, or can't be invisible on radar, or can't quickscope.....wahhhhhhhhh. if ya don't like it, don't play it. Simple as that....bye now mate

I agree I didn't care for the number of Ghost users in BO1 but I killed them, it was OK. I didn't have much problem with them. I don't like the new scorestreak change as much. I like being rewarded for capping objective, but  I think MW's system was better. Everything is set too hight right now. I feel like I got a nuke if I make it to my hellstorm missle.

IHerpIMyIDerp

I am a run and gunner and always have been, but they have made even that difficult in this game. I completely agree there is far too many head glitches, they are promoting running and gunning, but thats hard to do when there is a little head sticking up spraying at you around every corner... They have made it very difficult to do well in this game. For example, try sniping without running around quickscoping and you'll have someone run up behind you because the spawns flip and you wont hear them dancing behind you because they are silent...

I like the game, but I think it needs a few adjustments to make it great. I hope they add more game modes to hardcore because its starting to feel like Halo the amount of ammo you need to unload into someones face for a kill.