41 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2012 3:36 AM by IndyOldGuy RSS

Overpowered weapons amd No Recoil

JDM_DB8_VoltageB

Overpowered weapons Black Ops 2,

Too many weapons are overpowered and have no recoil. Example M27 Assault Rifle has no kick even when holding down the trigger. I snipe and im pretty good at it including quick scoping and i randomly get killed by that M27 all the time from far distances. Recoil adds skill to using a weapon. If your gonna keep all the weapons with the same recoil then the game is boring. Balancing is needed to make this game better. Re balance all the weapons some are just too overpowering and too precise. No submachine or Assault Rifle should be able to out quick and power a sniper rifle.

Please let me know what others think of the weapons that are too overpowering or have no Recoil

M27 No recoil

TAC 45 Way too powerful for a handgun

MP7 Too much power

M8A1 Not powerful enough

• Re: Overpowered weapons amd No Recoil
    scotland-rules

See heres where I start to disagree.

Okay lets look at this from an angle shall we.

Right we all know that sometimes guns don't have a high recoil or any recoil. However lets think about it. We are playing a game set in 2025. Guns will hopefully have been set up to have little recoil. It makes sense.

Secondly. In MW3 a lot of guns had recoil. However it became very clear that 2-3 guns would dominate. Set example. The MP7 and the ACR. Which guess what? Have no recoil. With having little to no recoil this means guns can't/won't dominate the battlefield. Leaving a diverse choice in what weapons people can use effectively.

HotRodGod

Nice answer.......

Totally agree

JDM_DB8_VoltageB

MW3 had a few guns i agree with no Recoil. Black Ops 2 has too many and im talking about 75% of them. Also you shouldnt be able to get those weapons till a higher level with how the ACR and MP7 where. ACR however if you held down the trigger which most people do cause all players do is spray and pray it would bounce your weapon all over the screen and loose your target. Black Ops 2 weapons dont do that making them too easy to use and too accurate. The game is based on the future but that has nothing to do with if the guns have no recoil. Im talking about making it harder for noobs and people who cant aim learn to use a weapon with recoil preventing them from getting kills they shouldnt be getting. I have a K/D higher than 2.00 in every Call of Duty game cause i actually know how to aim and adjust to weapons. Treyarch needs to re adjust the balancing of these weapons soon its ruining the game.

See heres where I disagree. Why save then for the higher levels? At that point all the happens is the better players just doninate everyone else more. If most of the guns have the same amount, little to no, recoil it actually balances things. That way instead of being a race to get whatever high level gun it is that everyone thinks is the best you can just find one you like and are comfortable with and use that. Like actually using a gun with sites that dont take up the entire screen or has a rate of fire your comfortable with. ectera.

TRU11

if you have a game where weapons have no recoil then at least make sure there is no auto aim option.

right now all you have to do is pull down the trigger and the game will do the aiming.

it requires no skill at all.

basicially the weapons with the highest fire rate is the best or the 1 with the biggest chamber.

or just go quick scoping with a sniper lol.

i barely used the acr... i stuck with the ak-47  and killed almost every one i ran into that was using an acr or a sub machine gun.

wrecku

It's a friggin game, play with the weapons you have. Please quit these BS overpowered threads.

Izjar11

I say let the chips fall as they may, no weapon is overpowered in this game (let them gather information on most used) and sort it out. Right now it all depends upon the player, and how they use it is that, there choice. No need to complain about that.

The developers need to solve the connectitivty issues the game is having.

die5el302

Learn how to play the game instead of ruining the game with all this crying about nerf this nerf that .we all have the same guns learn how to feking use them instead of complaining on here

dalger22

Once you said you snipe and quick scope, I stopped paying attention to this thread as you lost any credibility with me.

Seems like all you want is to make it easier for you to snipe.  Stop crying like a b!tch and deal with it like everyone else.  Threads like this is why weapons and scorestreaks\killstreaks get nerfed because people like you whine about every little thing they don't like.  Deal with it. Damn kids...ugh.

ALl i can say this multiplayer do suck to be honest! The guns... dude i never played COD since mw2 but wheres the recoil? And bullet drop? and all the realistic stuff? You must move or your dead in 4 seconds. Okay, take cover it safes you. Hell no! These "walls" are like plastic even its god damn titanium.

the Mp7 if i recall right, first submac u get is ridicilous. I tried it and man. Its like god damn sniper you can shoot ppl from other side of map and a player thats other side of map plus behind 3 wall of steel.

Its just really ridicilous overall the whole game, i see who its aimed for. Just remove the +18 tag since we all know its more like +8 age. Totally kidneygarden,

And yes, i play only zombies, it has his weak spots but its just good.

subs? rlly? this is first time in the history of CoD im using a light machinegun build. black ops 2 allows you to apply rapid fire, and then OVER-compensate for recoil and add accuracy with primary gunfighter.

with target finder? lol lotsa goodies this time around

LTSHiNySiDeZ

The only gun I have a complaint about is the same one everyone hated in MW3 is the MP7.  Super high damage for no reason, should not be stronger than an assault rifle.  The recoil issue though this is COD not BF where they recoil the hell out of guns and make you learn then.  COD has never had much recoil on guns especially there obsession with SMG's being super awesome.  The only people that don't complain about the MP7 are the people that spam with it.

remember call of duty is a game that everyone can pick up and play whether you are a veteran at it of a noob. So anyone can play it and get a kill so easy and its just so satifying when you are that new player and you get a heep load of kills useing these powerful gun.

Just use the overpowered weapons then!

DUH!

i use MP7 all the time and if u are so scared of it use it urself

LTSHiNySiDeZ

I would rather not use it because then I become a spray and prayer just like the rest of the people that use it.  And I would prefer to use my the guns that should actually be better because well I like them better than a little handheld pea-shooter that is ridiculously good.

brigasm_

Translates to: I don't like dying fix this!

I gotta say I use the MP7 and Im not a spray and prayer. It is very good in a close range situation, as it should be. However in the bigger maps Im not nearly as good with it and I need the switch to an assault rifle to be effective.

Guns which lack in recoil also lack in damage. The M27 and Type 25 act a lot like the FAD from MW3, high fire rates, low recoil and low damage. It's called balance man

JDM_DB8_VoltageB

Im better than all these ******* that keep running there mouths with these stupid replies. Find me in a game and run your mouth. THE END

Aecetym

As I agree the lifespan of this game is less then a month cause it has no addictive factor in it only fustration due to charity internet connections. The real problem is for one nothing challanges u and 2nd every gun is OP in the hands of a lagger.

Really need to fix the lag first before starting to mess around with guns just to still getting killed by some OP new gun by a lagger.

ChestSplittah

Vahn has already stated that as of now guns have the minimum recoil on them. This leaves the option to raise it. Which for sniper rifle and SMGs, they need to be. It's ridiculous how well a SMGs commands nearly ever stock map in place. Factor in you can just pray and spray from the hip with the sticky aim attachment.

BanHaMMer

JDM_DB8_VoltageB wrote:

Overpowered weapons Black Ops 2,

Too many weapons are overpowered and have no recoil. Example M27 Assault Rifle has no kick even when holding down the trigger. I snipe and im pretty good at it including quick scoping and i randomly get killed by that M27 all the time from far distances. Recoil adds skill to using a weapon. If your gonna keep all the weapons with the same recoil then the game is boring. Balancing is needed to make this game better. Re balance all the weapons some are just too overpowering and too precise. No submachine or Assault Rifle should be able to out quick and power a sniper rifle.

Please let me know what others think of the weapons that are too overpowering or have no Recoil

M27 No recoil

TAC 45 Way too powerful for a handgun

MP7 Too much power

M8A1 Not powerful enough

idiot

ghamorra

Recoil would be nice as well as reducing hipfire accuracy

Pyric

Wait, so you're saying that all of the guns in black ops II are overpowered? Hmmm...there's something vaguely illogical about that.

WolfRidge

With the current state of this game (post 1.03)  and hence my performance, I can only pray for some overpowered weapons! God knows we need them

kylet345

"M27 No recoil" It has weak shots and a low fire rate, your argument is invalid

"TAC-45 Too powerful for a handgun" Same bullet power as Five-Seven, with more recoil and smaller magazine for a larger two hit kill range, seems fair to me.

"MP7 Too much power" It's almost an exact copy of the Vector K10, plus it's just as powerful as the other SMG's (except for the PDW-57 and MSMC up close)

"M8A1 Not powerful enough" Yes it is. Has little to no recoil, good fire rate, and maximum damage output due to 4 round burst

Tactical_Power

is the OP retarded? the guns he mentioned are actually some of the weakest in the game compared to some guns in their class. Heres a breakdown proving why he should think twice about what he calls Over Powered. Btw, i do agree that the burst weapons need a boost. the m8a1 and the smr should take one less bullet to kill as burst weapons are generally more challenging to use than full auto spray and pray weapons in a fast paced game like cod. Right now, there is little incentive to use them besides challenges.

mp7 is probably the weakest smg in the game, many people use it thinking this is mw3 like noobs, but once more people learn about the vector, evo 3, chicom with select fire (my favorite), pdw and the msmc the mp7 will be underused soon enough.

m27 is decent cuz of its high accuracy but it is a 4 to 5 hit kill that shoots slow compared to lots of guns in this game. it is outclassed by the type25, an94 (if u tap that trigger it will kill very fast and accurate at all ranges) smr and fal with select fire makes them fully automatic 2 hit kill guns and the scar having a massive 3 hit kill range doesnt make it a bad competitor either.

tac 45 this one was down right funny, while it can kill u at point blank range with 2 bullets, if u let some1 disrespect u like that then u deserve it cuz this gun 2 hit kills usually in knifing/hip fire spray down range. up close u arent always gonna be able to lock on on a enemy so i personally need something with a little better hipfire. in that regard, u got the kap40 that is actually better than most smgs in my opinion due to it having the ability to kill in 3 bullets (2 if one hits the head) and being the 900 rpm bullet hose it is with manageable recoil. Then u got the versatile b23r that can one burst you up close or 2 burst you across the map (ive done this to people with this weapon quite a few times)

You're retarded LOL

All they need to do is fix the fuken lag, not nerf the weapons.

Psychomex

so u are saying a lot of the weapoms are op, now it would be a problem if it was one or two weapons but u say a lot so that obiously makes the game balanced dont you think? and also i really dont think u are that good with a sniper because its always the snipers that drop me not the run and gunners

Problem is, what you think is overpowered guns is probably the lag, I'm constantly dying the second anyone appears on my screen leaving me jamming the fire button with no response because I'm already dead but don't know it.  If you watch their replays though, they run out, spot me and waste me with 7 or 8 bullets while I stand there doing not a lot. Agreed on the recoil and lack of challenge to using any of the guns though. This is not a good thing, it creates boredom, frustration and anger and only caters to people who are new or just generally crap at fps. This constant dumbing down of games to cater to 'noobs' has been happening since the days of counterstrike and are pretty much what was responsible for its rapid decline, 1.3 was the last good version and it was all downhill from there and people deserted in droves as the game became faster paced and easier for people to run round spraying and praying and slowly the skill and satisfaction was taken out of the game all together.  At least they had the good grace to not repackage it and sell it back to us every year as new though, they screwed it up for free.

The op cried about it a little too hard and he kind of lost me too when he admitted quick scoping but he does have a point, it's about balance, and when the guns are too easy to use and too high powered it quickly becomes run, point, click, die, rinse and repeat, there's no firefights or battles and all satisfaction has gone out of firing the guns and getting kills as you open up full auto on someone across the map and score a kill..

I know what you mean... im about ready to sell this game and switch back to mw3 and get back to my ak-47.   this game feels rushed out but has a great concept.

Mikeyboymike

A game will get boring pretty quick if everyone is using the same gun. You'd think with pick10 there would be a variety of setups too but you can guarantee that only a few weapon attachmnets are being used.

Balancing a game is a huge priority for the longevity of a mulitplayer game. Black ops 1 pretty much had it nailed in my opinion.

I think they need to do a bit of tweaking this time otherwise this game is going to get old quick.