40 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 9:02 AM by brigasm_ RSS

PDW-57 is Overpowered.

The PDW-57 is much too overpowered. It's pretty much the ONLY GUN I see now. It's got a high mag cap, massive damage output. It gets really annoying when I'm trying to level up my other guns, and I keep dying next to immediately. It NEEDS to be nerfed.

• Re: PDW-57 is Overpowered.

Can we please stop with this rubbish.

Just play the game and stop complaining.

Use another gun and play clever, rather than run into gun battles, check corners & take your time going round the maps.

What rubbish? It's not complaining. It's suggesting. They don't HAVE TO it's just highly suggested.  Even then, I use a variety of different guns. But I get spawned behind, hit detection goes to ****. It's just at the moment. The game is unbalenced,

740UKills

Here we go with these threads..

STOP BEING A PUNK AND PLAY THE GAME PDW DOSENT ALWAYS WIN FIGHTS SO SHUT AND PLAY THE GAME

Tactical_Power

actually the msmc is way better than the pdw

monkeylord

The PDW is a good gun but the vector and skorp evo are better

It really sucks at range, which cancels out some of its close range power.

the PDW is less powerful than most other weapons in its class, though the increased movement speed on SMG in general can lead to them feeling OP. SMG are over used at the moment but that should settle as players find their gun of choice.   in other words shut up and play, your kind have ruined enough good games with you childish crys for nerf on all guns you dont like.

BTW the PDW is based on the P90 and uses the same 5.7mm ammo, military grade 5.7 is naturaly armor piercing same as the mp7's 4.7mm so the guns are actualy seriously UNDERpowered for the sake of ballance

Lol I've never thought of any of the guns as overpowered so far. Stop whining and play. You're trying to find excusing as to why you're dying, but in reality you're just playing badly.

ghamorra

I don't know if they're OP, but it's definitely coming across as the must use gun. Hell, all the SMGs are must use guns. There's no real advantage to using an AR except for select situations on just a few maps

graphitetek

You sir, are a crybaby who lost a few gun battles and decided it was the gun, rather than the opponent, that bested you. The PDW is unlocked very early...perhaps that's why you see so many out there and as for its "massive damage output", check the in-game stats... it actually has the LOWEST amount of damage among the SMGs and has the second lowest fire rate. How much MORE nerfing is needed...maybe Treyarch should just remove it's ability to fire altogether and turn it into a melee weapon, except I'm sure you and your ilk would demand a slower response time lol.

the closest thing to an over powered weapon is the combat knife.... i have a class where lightweight and extreme conditioning are set, no grenades, no weapons.  best score on my team 3 games in a row using running around with just a knife....   back on topic, no one gun is over powered just over used.

Kingfury

The PDW-57 is common at best, not overused or overpowered. I'm just sick of seeing SMG's with Supressors and Laser Sights.

bonfire5

The future P90 is kind of nothing compared to the MP7. Most people are probably using the PDW-57 because it's unlocked right off the bat and for the mag.

PDW-57: 35-18 with a 720 ROF

MP7: 33-18 with a 900 ROF

josh1073

I have to ask whats the point in posting weapon stats that dont relate to game? Gun stats are all well and good in reality but in a game environment they make as much sense as sticking a cup on a dog.

bonfire5

So, being able to send bullets into the enemy in game faster doesn't matter some how?

josh1073

No, for the fact its not scale, in reality one 9mm to the head is a kill yet in call of duty it is a 3/4 hit. you can put all the data you want but it is not relevant in a game environment!

Remember its a game guns in real life do not directly mimic guns in game so all these stats loose all purpose.Guns are meant to kill not wound an m4,ak,m16,saw are pretty much one shot in real life in cod multiple shots.........

kylet345

I want to know how the gun stats don't relate to the game? Aren't they from the PC game code? Bonfire is right, the PDW-57 isn't that good against most of the other weapons in the same category. All of them, except the MSMC, have a higher fire rate, the MSMC has more damage which means it has a higher three hit kill range and it has the slowest reloads in the category. Once I get the game I'll be able to compare recoil, but know this. Weapon stats in an FPS are very important. If it was my choice, I'd make everyone know every exact game mechanic and weapon stat. Why? So when idiots like the OP say that a gun is OP, we know how to prove them wrong.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6712/bo2weaponchartv102.png

To the OP: Compare and Contrast my friend (range is measured in inches, so just change it to metres. Scale- 1m = 40 in).

josh1073

You are closed minded, a game is not real world things get changed they do not reflect the real item so you posting weapon stats make no sense in a game environment. Example snipers you have to compensate for wind & drop yet cod you shoot lazars so the capability of ingame do not reflect the real item.

An ak47 shot to the head will blow the top of your head off i have seen this, yet in call of duty its a two shot kill to the face. Now do you see how posting gunstats make no sense in a game environment?

ChillyPaws

Who care if a bit more powerful than another... the lag is the worst problem with the game. even if i had a instant kill laser gun i would still be getting slaughtered in the majority of games due to being on the wrong side of the lag in 9 out of 10 games... fix the lag

barneykiller

Overpowered my A S S! I see more MTAR's than PDW's and the MTAR isn't even that amazing. You clearly suck at the game if you are complaining about a gun that is perfectly balanced. GET DESTROYED!

Baseba11_K1NGZ

My question:  What do you put on PDW's to make them own?

wrecku

Here we go with the overpowered crap. Just play the game. This crap is worse than the lag comp and disconected servers.

The only fckin OP gun is the Skorpion Evo, such a BS SMG.

when not being a d*ck with a knife, my weapon of choice is either the M870 mcs or the KSG, both are rediculous 1 hit kill machines, bt the lag means i loose 90% of all close range fire fights, ive fired of 3 shots into someones face and died, kill cam shows me not shooting.  theres a lot of connectivity issues with the game at the moment that they are working on fixes for, so until they are fixed some guns are gonna apear to be the gods own boom stick, its all down to lag!

Hot-Wire

Ain't that the truth.  It has 1800 rpms with the rapid fire attachment hahaha.

Give it an extended mag and laser sight, nothing can stand in its way when it comes to close range dominance.

no. just no. i dont even use that gun and i strongly disagree.

These threads are the best because they tell me which weapons I should test out. Keep up the nice QQ work.

So true it also the hit detection i notice that when i shot someone it lags to kill them

SULLY130EighT

OP, you're making a pretty bold statement. As a matter of fact, I highly doubt it's the "only" weapon you see.

I see a a variety of weapons being used in every match I play in. Even LMG's which goes to show that Treyarch doesn't favor one playstyle over the other. Treyarch finally made a Call of Duty game that fits everyone's playstyle.

I've used said weapon and it's far from the best in the game. It does its job when used properly or in the right hands. But it's definitely not overpowered. To even suggest that it is just goes to show me you got annoyed when you couldn't counter it due to maybe you had a bad match or two. If that's the case, it happens to everyone by every weapon.here and there.

It's not overpowered, in fact I'd say everything in the Game itself is fine. they just need to fix the gawd damn lag issues and hit detection. That's all.

If people complain every weapon is OP, doesn't that make them balanced?

Anyway, I'd rather say some weapon is UP instead of OP. Some shotguns have 5 minimum damage, that sucks HARD. Yet you don't see people complaining about this.

brigasm_

MSMC owns all SMGs when I am using it anyway