23 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2013 9:08 PM by farmerguy95 RSS

Hardened pack + season pass, kinda a rip off?!

KingKenchan266

Ok so for the people who bought the hardened addition and got nuketown zombies with it(like I did), I feel like Ive been ripped off for the simple fact that the map "IS" gonna be part of the first content release in the season pass. I feel like I(and everyone else that did the same) am paying more for the for the season pass($60)(if not more) instead of getting a deal.

im pretty upset about it..... what do you have to say about this BO2 dev team or anyone in activision?

• Re: Hardened pack + season pass, kinda a rip off?!
    KingKenchan266

I dont feel like it was worth it to buy the season pass now...

What's even horrible is that this announcement was made VERY early on the day of the game's release. It's like they had intended to do this in order to scam us by purchasing the editions.

When I originally pre-ordered my Hardened Edition I was told it comes with all of the DLC then a month goes by and all of the sudden its just some stupid avatar crap, a couple of useless medals, and the "nuketown" maps.....def. not worth $80 and I 100% agree that we should get a discount for pre-ordering and getting the hardened edition.

I agree.  Total rip off.  I hope they make it right with us HE purchasers.  Or I won't be purchasing a collectors edition again.

KingKenchan266

im glam im not the only one who feels this way. this should be brought to light even more by more people.. maybe we can have something done about this. it makes me think HIGHLY about not buying anything from them anymore. although the game is pretty good, there are alot of things wrong with the game like ive shot people point blank and didnt get anything,not even a hit marker.(divine intervention type stuff) thats just one of the glitches ive noticed and im not the only one who has noticed this..but thats beside the point im just highly upset mostly about the seasons pass thing....

I'm not going to read prior post, but will say that the Hardened Edition gave you more than just Nuketown, so don't lose sight of that. Sure, some of you may have bought the Hardened for that, but if you think about it, the HE was only like $20 more when the SP is $50?

p.s. Surely you didn't think they'd never put out Nuketown Zombies as a DLC or otherwise? That's just ignorant...

KingKenchan266

your missing the point that the seasons pass comes with the map and I already have the map so thus forth im not going to get what I payed for with the season pass!! like he said up there in prev post it should have at least have been discouted for thoes who bought the HE.

KingKenchan266 wrote:

your missing the point that the seasons pass comes with the map and I already have the map so thus forth im not going to get what I payed for with the season pass!!

The rest of the DLC? It's not like the first DLC is going to solely be the Nuketown map, and although you feel robbed if you will, you weren't forced to buy the Season Pass. Many that I know of didn't buy it because you're only paying $10 more and the Season Pass people aren't getting any real benefit like earlier DLC...

So, tough luck? I'm sure you've bought things in the past and didn't use up all of it's contents, or purchased something like and Apple, Orange and Banana, but to get the Raspberries and Strawberries you ended up with another Apple, but bought it anyway...Right? Don't say you haven't.

KingKenchan266

actually I havent. Im not that meterialistic. If i dont enjoy something or feel that im not going to use something I dont get it. I dnt eat apples or rasps,and I buy what i eat at the time i eat it,.. I dont get what I dnt use or cant sell if I dont like my purchase.i really dnt even spend much money. i came up very poor from a strugling family of 4 kids and am VERY GREATFUL for what I have now that i got ALL of which on my own with no help from my family and no job. ive made my own way in life and have a decent life now and own my house(not renting). so sorry there. and i dont usualy even complain about things but i feel that this is worth mentioning.
          sorry about the life story but just thought you should know a little of where I come from. but I do get where your coming from so thanx for the opinion Goose!

The problem here is that in BOPS1 the hardened edition came with "exclusive" content that was not made available until almost 9 months later.  The precedent had been set, so it's ok that the HE purchasers are a little ticked.  Let's face it, the vast majority of the value of the $20 premium price was the Nuketown Zombies map.  The other crap (coins and such) are irrelevant...but let's give them a value of $5.  So lo and behold you have a DLC map that has approximatly $15 of value...that is now being given for free to all season pass holders.

Bottom line is that HE buyers paid $15 for Nuketown Zombies and Season Pass holders will get it for free.  It's a bum deal.

We (I bought it also) still got everything else the HE came with, just consider the map an early release perk (a beta test if you will) and move along.

yer im really annoyed as well I paid more for the HE and got nothing for it apart from a couple of coins and a box for the game that I dont even care about. I mean the HE for MW3 came with call of duty  elite which was basically the same thing as the season pass. so that led me to think I was going to get it with black ops 2 and if not they could of made it clearer when preordering it. I think if you have the HE they should give you some money off the season pass atleast

I agree. This is nickel and diming to an absurd level. The title is $60. If Treyarch and Activision want to explore episodic multiplayer that's fine, but it should not cost $60 for the base game. I thought my $60 was buying Nuketown 2025. Evidently I was wrong. I will not let this rest.

CoolDJTVPS3

I know!!!!! This is crazy, I paid $94 for HE (including shipping) and know I have to pay $14 to ship it back just to get the normal game at Costco and get the seasons pass. also $94 (no shipping) $14 for all the DLC including the two Nuketown maps. I seriously hate Actvision right now.

I want to be for the extra shipping costs, although I know that in the fine print there will be something that will say I cannot be compensated.

That's because you were over zealous and wasted money. You should have saw what Treyarch was gonna do for those who don't wanna waste that kind of money, like myself. I'd rather just get the Season Pass and be happy with that.

case in point here is, don't be zealous and think you're doing something and having an advantage over other people when in actuality you know everyone is gonna have it eventually anyway.

yea its a joke man. im in ireland and paid 90e for it, it turns out a local retailer then sells the standard ed for 40e so i could have got the game and all maps for less then what i paid for the hardened.

they would want to offer some sort of discount on the season pass or something expecting us to pay around 145 quid in all and all we get extra is a shite camo and shite avatar item??? next time ill write stupid on my head instead and keep my money.

first and last special edition of a treyarch or activision game ill be buying so much for the so called heroes of this franchise im done with them they really let their fans down big time with this....

yea its a joke man. im in ireland and paid 90e for it, it turns out a local retailer then sells the standard ed for 40e so i could have got the game and all maps for less then what i paid for the hardened.

they would want to offer some sort of discount on the season pass or something expecting us to pay around 145 quid in all and all we get extra is a s#!t camo and s#!t avatar item??? next time ill write stupid on my head instead and keep my money.

first and last special edition of a treyarch or activision game ill be buying so much for the so called heroes of this franchise im done with them they really let their fans down big time with this....

Nova_7

so, buying the game with a $50 season pass is a rip off, it could of been $100? OR your just not thankful enough that you have the game.

AlivePool

I agree I am very displeased with Treyarch and Activision. And when ever I contact them about it they just fluff it off and never help me out! I will never buy an Activison or Treyarch product again.

farmerguy95

I've thought of this from the moment i found out nuketown was gonna be realeased for pretty much everyone. I was equally pissed about nuketown 2025. First its only the 2nd preorder wave, then it's extended like till the day of the games release. THEN they take it off of multiplayer and try to compensate for it by making the moshpit bonus mode and now literally everyone who buys the game new gets nuketown 2025 so it isn't really exlusive to anyone anymore even though it was advertised as a bonus thing with my Hardened edition. Back to nuketown zombies, thats like the main thing that came with either Special edition right (c'mon who displays their coins or the box it all came in?) and the soundtrack while it sets a good mood in the game, few songs are actually able to be enjoyed with my music library. But nuketown zombies i was like "sweet! only the smart people that paid extra money get to play in this neighborhood (lol) but no, now everyone that either gets the season pass (who isn't?) or pays $15 for the next pack gets it. Thats pretty much the only good thing I got for my extra $20 and yet others get it with an entire map pack for only $15 or even less with the season pass! The only way I can see this being okay is if there will be a 5th map pack that we as collector's edition holders get for free as with what happened with BO1 with Rezurrection. I however don't find this likely unfortunately and must merely try to feel satisfied with my hardened edition calling cards and weapon camo...