12 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2012 5:24 AM by prncdamd RSS

Bt infinity  69\20 i get so much lag just like ths video every match

conman2010

consistanly every single god dam game... thier is a serious problem ... who ever else is on infinity and having this prob please add reply

speed, ping location, area

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2316174104.png

• Re: Bt infinity  69\20 i get so much lag just like ths video every match

yup me too , its our fault for getting fiber

http://speedtest.net/result/2311854948.png

although that guy is full of sh!t because there is no way he can ping anywhere in the US at 25ms and if he is a network engineer WHY did he need guys round his house doing "every test possible" when he could have done it himself!!??

his vid is bang on though

trialstardragon

When will you guys ever understand that your total bandwidth means nothing in this game. Doing a speedtest is meaningless. This game does not now or ever use the full bandwidth ever. It never has and never will. So paying for a higher package does not gurantee or entitle you to a better game than anyone else.

AR76

While you are right, you are also wrong.  Higher bandwith = more packet transmissions per second.  ISP providers rate their provided speeds as a measure of TCP transmissions windows per second.  More bandwidth means more windows, more windows means smoother/more consistent packet flow.

trialstardragon

This game does not use TCP it uses UDP so any test that tests only tcp has no meaning at all towards why the game is perfoming as it is. Plus serveral companies throttle udp connections since that is the most common used protocol for file sharing and bittorrenting. Something most isp's do not like happening on their service even if the files are legal. Anif a isp is doing so it can cause negative performance with the game, since the game mainly uses udp for the game itself.

And that is not exactly accurate either, more does not always mean smoother if somehwere along the line the packets are getting lost or dropped because of the route having issues along the pathway. something that 3arc cannot control. So say if you were sending packets to chicago from dallas and one of the routers that was being used suddenly goes down, the route has to change, any packets sent during that time either are dropped or have to be resent, this causes instabilitiy in the line. And no isp can really control that. Those lost packets add lag and cause many of the wtf moments that some people have. Not all but some of them.

So buying a larger pacakge does not always equate to a better service or game play. So anyone trying to use their total bandwidth as any form of justification is not really helping the situation since the game does not use that ever.

In fact many of the smaller cheaper services actually have better stability than the larger isp's because of the sheer amount going over the larger isp is not seen by the smaller isp.

Fibre optic and cable is great for videos, music, and things of that nature, but does not equate to a better game in all situations where line stability and not speed are factors that can cuase the game to behave in erratic mesaures.

Bigger does not equate to better in this game.

actualy bandwidth doesnt matter about packets sent as the maximum packet size on the net is 1500bits thats your lot wich a 2meg connection can handle perfectly well

Do you have issues with other games?  Fire up MW3 or something and find out.

In my case, my connection is fine.

eXxcursioN

Very informative video.

Hopefully people understand now and I do agree with him, the model does not work.

I have BT Infinity.

MW3 Plays much much better than it did at release.

BO2 plays much much worse than it did at release.

My fibre optic has no issue with MW3, apparently it has a dislike for BO 2 though.

That i do not understand.

I appreciate that larger bandwidth doesn't guarentee a better gaming experience, but i do not

appreciate, or understand why larger bandwidth means a worse gaming experience.

IS is becasue of lag comp?

Certainly appears so. Also appears that the lag comp on this game has been increased to near

ridiculous levels, given how good it was first few weeks, and how diabolical it is now.

obzi

I have lag in virtually every game, sometimes it only lasts for thirty seconds but other times I have to leave the lobby because it's so bad, many many times I've switched off completely because every game is unplayable.

A couple of nights ago with pretty bad lag I put in my MW3 disc and played a few games, there was no lag so tried Blacks Ops 1 and there was no lag these either.

On a bit of a mission I tried a couple of Halo games, Tom Clancy Vegas, BF3, Ghost recon and a couple of other titles I'd rather not admit to owning as the little credibility I have will be gone, there was zero lag on all these.

I go back to Black Ops2 and in the very first game, within the first minute I get lag.

I have very little technical knowledge about latency, connection, etc but I can see there something is just not right here, I will be fair and say that some times I do get lag on MW3 but I rarely had it as bad as this and never as much.

DNS settings changed, ports forwarded and all that, this game was bad at the start for me, got better for a while but more recently it's all over the place, I'm a very patient guy but I think I'm going to have to call it a day.

prncdamd

MW3 was unplayable for the 1st 3 months I found and then was a fantastic game to play afterwards, wish I hadnt given it to my brother-in-law now.

Black Ops 2 on the other hand was playable at certain times of the day for the 1st week then its went to pot, it was abit better till today when they bought the update out which has since made this game unplayable for me even on hardcore im pumping full clips into people from a foot away to be insta-killed

I know they changed the matchmaking and when we do end up with someone from norway,sweden, germany or those damn FRENCH they get the upper hand in every game 99.9% of the time and they know it and use it to there advantage