13 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2012 10:04 AM by bulletxtoothx RSS

I don't get this lag compensation stuff.

I'm constantly on the ass end of this nonsense it seems. So that must mean i have better connections than my opponent, hence the compensation.

So why then am I worse off? Shouldn't we all be equally badly off if it's trying to level the playing field?

• Re: I don't get this lag compensation stuff.
    RoeParcRanger

That's why its often refered to as lag "over"compensation.

Cablez

My advice would be to just accept it's there, like 95% of the online community do.

Some people here can give out very good info on this but OTHERS think they know, but have no real clue.

When it reaches a point that makes the game unplayable accepting it really isn't much of an answer. Something has to be done ffs. I've had to quit so many matches because i just cannot do anything, and I'll be damned if i'm going online just to be cannon fodder for some headglitching sniping camper (which is all there is online that seems effective).    

Cablez

ghostwhistler wrote:

When it reaches a point that makes the game unplayable accepting it really isn't much of an answer. Something has to be done ffs. I've had to quit so many matches because i just cannot do anything, and I'll be damned if i'm going online just to be cannon fodder for some headglitching sniping camper (which is all there is online that seems effective).    

I feel your pain, I have these problems myself, on this title and previous.

When it gets too bad I get out and come back another day.

I've accepted it's there and moved on.......the other option is to stop playing it altogether.

Adeeez100

In a nutshell, they want every ten year old to be a cod god,all's they are interested in is kerching. The sooner everbody realises this the sooner we will get back to being delivered a quality product on release.

Activision, in disguise as lucifer, single handidly bringing gaming to it's knees, i for one submit.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I don't get this either. I never lagged on MW2, BO, and MW3 but I am lagging badly on BO2. I am seriously considering playing on a DSL line if that's what it takes to get rid of this lag. The game is unplayable and it seems like Treyarch didn't test their product before release. It is such a let down and an over-hyped product. For me, it ranks as the worst COD ever in its franchise history.

Just thought I would add to this by saying that I am using BT Infinity 69 d/l 18 u/l and am having a very disheartening time with the "lag overcompensation"; being significantly behind other players, giving me little chance with most head on head encounters. I've gone from being a 3-4 k/d player, to struggling to get a 1 k/d each game. Every single person I meet appears to have lightning-quick reactions because they are significantly ahead of me.

I have had a handful of successful games, which I noticed were all games that I got into with only a few seconds left on the initial countdown timer. This says it all for me.

I'm feeling helpless at the minute as I can't find any official word on this situation, and I can do absolutely nothing to ease it at all.

Here's a video to explain what's actually happening to you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reNPK8XD-k4.  The general idea is that the game is purposely delaying what someone with a good connection sees to imitate lag.  The game tries to give people with good connections about as much lag as the worst connection in the room, but it usually ends up overcompensating, which is what creates these rooms where it seems like half the enemy team has inhuman godlike reflexes.

i just simply cannot play this game at the moment am sick of running around just to get killed when i find some1 because everythink its happening on there screen befor it happens on mine.

also because i have got a good internet the game keeps giving me host then i have to back out the lobby because all i seem to do when am host is lag like a ***** an die over an over again