18 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2012 8:31 AM by frakky1976 RSS

how many returned the game?

aka_KrayZee

Just out of curiosity. I'm taking it back today. I was excited for this game for a long time after war fail 3 turned horrible and I am beyond disappointed with every aspect of this game. F*** you treyarch, I wish I could get my money back but I can't

• Re: how many returned the game?
    DerekFrost

If anyone took their copy back I don't think they would be on the forum page reading about it anymore.

vims1990

Other than connectivity & some glitches/bugs in the game, I don't have an issue with the game.

You have to understand that it is only launch which means the game isn't perfect from Day 1. The devs have committed themselves to improve the game but this cannot be done within a day.

If you don't like the game, that's fine but the game just released. Hell, I can't remember a FPS that was perfect from Day 1.

I would advise you to hold onto the game for at least a couple of weeks but it's up to you at the end of day. Instead, just list the issues you have with BO2.

DerekFrost

Agree with that, I see much potential in this game it really is a fresh move forward in FPS.

infestedmuffins

In order of severity:

lag compensation - rewarding those with poor internet and punishing those with good internet

ghost/uav - I understand ghost campers suck, but this WAS NOT the answer....anyone that LOVES to rush spawns understands this.  How can we rush, sneak and flank with so many UAVs up?

sound - suppose to be superior sound to all CoDs, but actually falls WAAAAAAAAAAY short of that claim

hit detection - love being shot around corners, but this is always a problem in CoD, so "C'est la vie!"

fearsoldier

My problem is how theater mode is always broken for me. Either one the game does not save or two whenever I go to load the game it just freezes and I have to restart my xbox. I just wish they would hurry up and fix this issue everything else is working just fine. This has actually been an issue since Black ops.

aka_KrayZee

@Derek good point.

@vims the whole ping/lag comp is just wrong. They didn't fix it mw3, I'm not sure they'll fix it in this. I honestly want to keep it and hope they get it right but my hopes aren't that high. I'll sleep on it and see how I feel tomorrow. but I know I'm not the only one who feels this way

Cablez

I'm with Vims on this, there are a few issues.... but, buy and large, I'm happy, so I shall not be trading it.

vims1990

aka_KrayZee wrote:

@vims the whole ping/lag comp is just wrong. They didn't fix it mw3, I'm not sure they'll fix it in this. I honestly want to keep it and hope they get it right but my hopes aren't that high. I'll sleep on it and see how I feel tomorrow. but I know I'm not the only one who feels this way

I truly understand.

Look, I wouldn't be here if there wasn't any issues in BO2 but as a supporter of Treyarch COD titles, I do have some faith in them fixing/improving whatevers wrong with the game at the moment.

It's really up to the community to report such issues instead of bashing on a new game. No game is absolutely perfect from  Day 1 however we can help the devs out with fixing the issues.

KTPhoenix

My question is, why cant you get your money back? The game came out on the 13th and it has only been 5 days. As long as you have your receipt you should be able to get a complete refund.

trickster.

ive already had 2 friends trade this game in and have 2 others who are also thinking of doing the same,yes it has its faults but like vims1990 has said just wait a couple of weeks as hopefully it will improve.

Adeeez100

Anybody over the age of ten should have taken this dismill excuse for a game back.

zingaa

Another panic sale thread, haven't seen one of those in a day or so

juscallmej

why does everyone announce they are "threatening to take a game back" are you looking for support or you want somebody to talk you out of it???

just take it back, give gamestop some free money and move on with your day.

ExpliciT

Hit detection / lag comp , what ever it is is horrible!!!!!

i used to to be the host on like 70% of the time on mw3 and black ops 1,which must mean i have atleast good connection now im never host and 50% of the time im on 3 bar with horrible hit detection

daveyg79

i aint,

To me best cod yet and im shite at it, but at the end of the day its only a game, ive got bigger things to worry about like supporting my family.

And before people say about lag, ive got fibre optic and plays just fine.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I still have a little bit of faith left and I'm curious to see how fast or slow Treyarch will fix this mess.

daveyg79

off topic slightly but im in the motor trade and even new cars aint perfect when sold, they get recalls and hot fixes.

so how would the devs know like car manufactuers if there are problems when it goes out to the public and put through different scenarios without feedback from the consumers.

i know this is a game and not a car but its an example and the only 1 i could think off

banned-again

i had waw for a month before i sold it and the way things are going black ops 2 will beat that record unless they fix the game

I'll buy your games for 5$ each and sell them to someone a little less bitchy. Its just a game. get a life and quit whining like little 5 year olds.