11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2012 9:48 PM by Toninn RSS

How to fix the lag compensation

Let me start off saying that this game is great, it has insanely exciting things in it and all, but the lag compensation is killing it, I was loosing every gunfight there was untill I had enough, I got a great connection with 100mb up and 50mb down, it's not cheap at all and I'm being crippled for it. But if people on slow connections are doing great why don't I slow my own connection ? I did, closed the nat, gave the xbox low priority on bandwith in the router settings and opened up uTorrent, seeding everything I have ever downloaded and downloading some more, and what happened, I started to kick some serious ass... This is insanely stupid that it works this way but while it does just do this and you should be fine, if you were good at this game before you got crippled by lag compensation there is... And a little message to 3arc, dudes, this didn't work well in bops1, mw3 then why would it work in this game? Just bring back the mw2 connection system where only the host had advantage instead of sometimes 50% of the lobby, which is an insane killer if they are all paired up on the enemy team...

• Re: How to fix the lag compensation

hahahaha thats so crazy it might just work!!! may just give that a whirl tomorrow!

elite_force1uk

I know it works .. but your kind of admitting to cheating

(modding your equipment to get an unfair advantage etc)

Not sure if thats wise ..

Throttling your connection is not cheating in any way. And you just admitted that lag comp exists by saying this method gets rid of lag comp, after spamming the forums with idiotic posts about how the game is perfect and that lag comp doesn't exist just because you haven't seen it.

Cheating ? I'm just getting at a normal point from a shitty un-advantage, I wouldn't call that cheating, I would call that finally being able to enjoy the game as it's supposed to be... Even when I've done that I have sometimes had some weird situations, but at least I'm finally able to fight back.... I was steadily going like -2 in kd but now all of the sudden I mostly go around 2, and I'm putting this here so everyone can do it themselves, I would broadcast this in every tv in the world if I could, I'm trying to point out here is that 3arc is doing a mistake by having the lag comp in the game, because it's a shitty and stupid system, with this game being potentially godlike it's dragging it down. MW2 has some stupid stuff in it, one man army nub tubes anyone? Marathon Lightweight Commando kniving? Camping with scavanger and 2x claymores? It's still in my oppinion the best of the cods (along side mw1) because you didn't have these lag comp issues there...

Btw excuse my wording if it's itsn't perfect, this isn't my main language

Edit: If this would really be considered cheating and I would get ban for it or whatever, I would loose my faith in this game and move back to mw2... (I really have high hopes for this game to be the best one so I'm not some mw fanboy).

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I got a better solution. Just get a DSL as a second internet.

j/k

But seriously, I am so close to calling the local low end ISP that still provides DSL service in my area just to harness the power of lag comp into my side.

Just lower the bandwith that goes to the xbox, in all honesty it's the only thing that works untill they will fix out the advantage of having a bad connection.

shouldnt have to do nothing im not touching my settings the game should work just fine from treyarch

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

That doesn't work for me, mate. I got so desperate and lowered it all the way down to 128 Kbps and I'm still on the bad side of lag comp.

I find it hard to believe your 'solution' works, because it ceratinly doesn't help those of us stuck with a slow line!

I'm one of those poor souls for whom money simply can't buy a faster connection as I choose to live in the countryside.  Having an average of 6Mbps download and 880 kbps upload is the best I am likely to get for several more years, but I'm still losing out to high rate connections.

As posted in another thread, I think this is because I would guess they're doing 'ping balancing' at match startup at best, and taking no account whatever of true 'round-trip message balancing', which can't be that hard to do at match startup.

Until they do, true MP is just a dream

@ InfiniteLogic. Hmm, maybe it's really dependable on where you live wheither lag comp is screwing everyone over or not, as I've seen a lot of people haven't experienced it but as a person who lives in Iceland and always has to play with Americans or some people in northern europe, paired with the connection I have I often pull host, this most certainly saved me and I was hoping to save others with this post, you should at least try messing around in your router settings or something to try and see if things change, but if you are generally having a bad time in all FPS online then maybe you are not save-able . I stoop my connection down to some level, I don't know how far it goes but having the full blown 100mb down and 50up is screwing me over, I'm probably not as low as you are just lower than I was.