18 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2012 4:54 PM by djkawada RSS

Your best line of defence : return the game

Obvioulsy something went wrong with Call of Duty Black Ops 2. Not only does the multiplayer not work in Canada, now the game isn't working at all on my PS3 (post update). And from the little I played, BO2 is pretty much a money grab. The actual game is just the same old thing. So really the only new thing are the multiplayer maps (expensive when you think that a World of Warfare map update is 14.99 and this game cost 59.99).

Anyway, I'll be returning this mess of a non-working game on Monday for a refund.

Disappointed. Especially since this creep of a Company doesn't seem to want to give anybody an honest status on the situation.

John.

• Re: Your best line of defence : return the game
    heighton86

you wont get a refund on the game genius its already opened.

The "game shops" are smart to this stupid game. They're not going to buy it back because they're going to get 50% or more returns now with this piece of ****. If they do buy it, you'll get <30-40 bucks on it. You're better off selling it on ebay or craigslist, and hope that some moron out there still thinks this game is "the next big thing" - and will buy it without reading the feedback and reviews.

You are probably right, unfortunately. It would be a rather interesting experiment to take this all the way (if someone had the time and money to hire lawyers). I.e. where is the line on a product being defective as it pertains to the video gaming industry?

Well the sad thing is - as consumers you now have less power than ever before due to the power corporations hold. They make you "agree to terms" which you dont have a choice on.

For instance with these games - you only pay (legally) for the offline play. Its out of their good heart (legally) that they allow you to play online. If the online thing is broken, they dont have any legal obligation to fix it or be held responsible.

munnkeymagic

Any product sold that is not fit for purpose can be returned for a full refund.

good point:  i would think the game could be characterized as DEFECTIVE if approx. 5 days after release date numerous ps3 consumers are unable to play 2/3 of the game (i.e. zombies and multiplayer).  I guess they were just rushing under a strict deadline to put the game out.  hopefully patch version 1.04 will fix a lot of the issues. 

It's pretty clear all they did was port it over from Xbox and changed the various lines of code to make it Ps3...and that was it.

No game should be locking up, freezing, crashing, and causing HDD failure...much less one fresh out of the box. Whatever happened to games being finished on release?

I don't recall ever having to return an atari, nintendo, genesis...etc game because it wasn't even completed.

60 bucks should = a finished....playable game. NOT a game that might be playable and might not kill your PS3 3 or 4 months down the road.

What confuses me more is why so many of you pre-ordered/rushed out on release night to get this game after what happened with Black Ops1? Did you not expect this kind of thing again?

I sure as hell did..and didn't buy it yet. Knew this was going to happen.

DangerousAbe

im from toronto canada and this is really getting outta hand i cant even play the game online it freezes in loading screen .!!! soo basically i paid the game to watch the loading screen .!!! like WTF i didnt even play online since the launch .!!! servers not available like WTF is Treyarch doing...? counting the F***** money ..!!! im returning this on Monday first thing

Izjar11

Obvioulsy something went wrong with Call of Duty Black Ops 2. Not only does the multiplayer not work in Canada, now the game isn't working at all on my PS3 (post update). And from the little I played, BO2 is pretty much a money grab. The actual game is just the same old thing. So really the only new thing are the multiplayer maps (expensive when you think that a World of Warfare map update is 14.99 and this game cost 59.99).

Unfortunate that it didnt work for you, you do not provide much information in regards to your Internet provider or your connection speeds but I am guessing that is not an issue (but we never know)

If you are not getting your monies worth return it, seems like Canada you get a break for opening a product like a video game. Good stuff for you gamers.

Disappointed. Especially since this creep of a Company doesn't seem to want to give anybody an honest status on the situation.

Not sure what your talking about here, but updates are mostly on twitter / in game before you log on to MP.

all that would be dandy if the updates worked. It made things worse for me, and now PS3 freezes up more often than before.

My question is this - and i've managed projects before, so its an execution question - why release something to "fix" an issue, when its not tested.

Game freezes right after the Dolby logo comes up, has only gotten worse since launch, I actually was able to play on launch day, how did they make it worse when they tried to fix it?

Izjar11

all that would be dandy if the updates worked. It made things worse for me, and now PS3 freezes up more often than before.

Updates? There has been two I believe with in the week of its launch. I'm not sure why your asking me this, but from previous COD game releases things are usually buggy the first month, happened in MW2, happened in BO, happened in MW3 and nothing different from BO2.

My question is this - and i've managed projects before, so its an execution question - why release something to "fix" an issue, when its not tested.

You do not explain the types of projects you have "managed" but I am not developer, game designer. Now I (assume) that the Sony system does not allow games to go through to retail stores without proper QA. Problem I see, (which is a problem for all MP games) is how to prepare for the worse, when worse might be something new?

I'm refering to the latest patch. It didnt help fix anything, and now the game freezes more than before. If I'm the only one with this problem - then ok, im nuts....but a lot of folks are seeing issues.

As for projects - im talking internal testing. Not Sony's corporate testing.

I didnt have any issues with MW2 or Black ops - my ps3 never "froze" until i got this game.

DangerousAbe

Well this issue is bigger than we had before why because some people cant even ******* play the game they paid for it freezes on the ******* screen if your online and when you log in the ******* menu it says Servers not available .!!! Soo basically we paid to do nothing right...? Some players didnt play the game since the launch like me .!!!

I'm going to return it to the studio !
    I already filled the online warranty claim and got a number.

I will post it on monday morning...

... so desappointed by this game ...

For the warranty claim it's this way :

https://support.activision.com/Atvi_warranty_returns