13 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2013 1:10 AM by suw15 RSS

Black Ops II = HDD now corrupted

For the Past 12+ hours I haven't been able to get into any online matches...then one magically loads for all of 30 seconds... Game freezes so ps3 is restarted only for me to be given an error saying that my hdd is corrupt :s! I've played 20+ games over the past few years on my ps3 and never once had something like this happen! Thanks to activision/ treyarch for their poor dev teams/ quality control I have now lost all my game saves/ films/ images...

....I'M SURE ILL NOT BE THE LAST EITHER!!

Thanks!

• Re: Black Ops II = HDD now corrupted

The game makes my PS3 freeze so it can't load the XMB on PS3 and it makes my PS3 crash constantly. My clan members and my brother are having the same issues on the PS3.

No one can expect a game to be flawless when 1st released...but this brings it to a new low for activision/ treyarch.

Every single one of us here has paid decent money... for what exactly? That includes the Xbox/ PC users who im sure are having their own problems!!

I really wouldn't recommend playing black ops if your getting in-game/ menu freezes...it's only taken one for my PS3 to be wiped of all it's data!

Fix needed ASAP!!!

I am having same issue game goes to load an bam ps3 freezes up or crashes if that doesnt happen  we all sit in the lobby with max players and game is just stuck searching for more players..this is bs i spend $60 an wait in line til midnight for a Laggy freezy game that i can hardly play because its buggy an glitchy SUPER BS

ok this OP literally makes me hesitant to even TRY to attempt BO2 again, if one of the risks is my HDD, it's not worth this, no way

your local small claims court is a good place to start if the game broke your ps3.  There will be others who have this issue im sure.  Mine crashed last night and it had to fix errors on the hard drive, got very nervous thay this issue might happen.  Not good. 

It erased your data? That's a load of crap on the games part. I tried to download INFAMOUS 1 after the PSN was hacked...guess what happened? Corrupted data shut down my reverse compatible PS3...the first one that came out. Something should be able to be done about that...Im not rich enough to be able to be buying pS3's like they are candy. Sorry bro...u are not alone.

yeup mine just did the same darn thing. now im scared cuz its taking forever to do the restore. been over 30 min and still stuck at 26 percent. if my ps3 is done, im gonna be beyond super PO-ed. activision really did it this time. and the fact that they havent really fixed the problem by now is infuriating. now my ps3 is probably toast and this is the second one ive bought. after this i really dont know about getting another one. think im going to the dark side and probably getting an xbox. :/

supersayia

Im going back up my saves to usb now...... Im scared this game will kill my various adventurous on my games. I put 200 hours into skyrim and I don't want to lose that.

WolfRidge

As the previous poster said back up your game data, then run then when prompted  the file repair utility on your PS3.

I've only frozen once but know that constant re-boots don't do your hardware any good.

I also ran the latest PS3 update and installed textures, it can't hurt and may take some strain off your system

A few years ago I lost everything on my ps3 and it sucks

This literally just happened to me, i was playing black ops 2 for literally the 3rd day, online. I did a rage quit and turned off my ps3, then i thought i'll just play Skyrim. So i turn my ps3 back on, select user 2 (that black ops screwed up), and my baby freezes without even showing the ps3 menu. So i try again(10 times) and nothing works. I search around the internet for help, then i find out black ops is causing this treachery. I only signed up in this unforgettable site just to say, Curse you (Activision) to hell for practically destroying everybody's ps3 with your piece of work. Goodbye forever, i will never play any Treyarch game, especially your CoD games. Nor will i log in this sight again. Oh and i have fixed it with the "default settings" options, automatically taking my Playstation network account out of my user 2.

Exactly what I am talking about   ^   This site is messed up too, keep telling me reply error then when i look for my replies see all 3 of 'em, wtf activision. You can fix this thing if you want, you won't be seeing me, and i bet you don't care, well i'm not the only one and there will be great losses for you Activision.