14 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2012 1:17 PM by yodu31 RSS

Lag compensation

I have a 100/100mbit connection directly plugged into my ps3. I have also optimized my router for gaming by the book.

PLEASE TREYARCH DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE LAG COMPENSATION!!!!!!

When I play COD BO2 and there is a face-to-face confrontation - I loose 9/10 times all because of the lag comp. When i watch the killcam it looks like I haven't even started shooting before the other guy kills me. This is horrible. I really LOVE Black Ops2 as a game. But the servers and the lag comp is going to force me into quit playing the game.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Solve this!

And I know that you can sort out games with "best" connection. But still 8/10 times - it sucks.

• Re: Lag compensation
    theraven.

Same here pal but they won't fix it they never did on MW3

Trading this game in if they don't do something about it. Lag comp ruined MW3 for me, and this is just as bad, if not worse.

r_flinchy

This is worse. Much worse. I might as well be running this game through the 3G on my phone to get some good kills!

I feel the same way! This is my first COD and it's the worst 60 dollars I ever spent on a video game EVER! MOH is better than this game. Why should I be punished for paying my hard earned money because I prefer good internet? I'll say this though I'll never buy another COD game again. I refuse to trade it in because I can only get 20 in credit at gamestop what a waste.

kellysa111

Are you sure it's not you?

I had really bad lag comp until I changed my search preference. I'm running on 9/3 with comcast. And my brother is playing on his PS3 right now. So far, I only lose gunfights when I am on a 3 bar.

r_flinchy

Kelly, trust me. It's not me.

So many people have been affected by this. I have set my game to search for the best connection. I have an A rated connection with a ping of 12m/s on average. Please explain what else needs to be done when all other games treat my connection as near perfect and Black Ops 2 has been programmed to punish me.

IJK_Caboose

100Mb/20Mb connection also direct connected and optomised for gaming,this morning, using the m870 pump action shotgun, fired 2 shots and died, killcam showed that i didnt fire at all. that means that im over a second behind. the only logical reason is because the lag compensation drags all the dedicated gamers down to below the average joe.

i know everyone in this thread is a dedicated gamer, paying a small fortune for the best connections. so why are we the most hevily penalised players?

gambit1969

The lag comp in mw3 ruined that game for me so much that i went back to mw2, it has been a lot better for me in bo2, i don't seem to be suffering the same amount of lag.

The lag compensation makes BOII almost unplayable for me :/ It's impossible to win any 1vs1 confrontation, and yes, it's even worse than MW3.

same goes for me out off all the cod games this is by far the worst i normally average around a ratio off 1.60 on all cods with this one im down too 0.76 becasue i seem too get killed first even though i shot them first, my only chance off gettign a kill at the moment is when a guys running away from me any close qaurters im a dead man this needs too sort it out its got the qaulties off being a good ghame but the servers are letting it down i for one will not buy another treyarch cod IW all the way !!

Jackal235

Why the heck I have to downgrade my connection to make it playable?

Why hosting gives my 1 sec delay?

Why to repeat MW3 mistake?

i agree with you on this one if people wanna play with crap connections why should we be the ones to suffer its people like them who isnt really passionate about the cod Series, if Treyarch does not fix this lag compensation then they have just ruined what could have been an epic game

IJK_Caboose

it has been an issue with all the CoD games but it was a minor issue with CoD4 and MW2, since then it has made the last 3 games unplayable to me. Also i cant see them doing anything about the issue as its necessary with the fact the multiplayer is P2P and the only server input is the actual matchmaking.

personaly im not investing in any future CoD titles until activision pay out and host matches on public servers like almost every other game.... with the sheer number of players i cant see this happening, it would cost them too much to host enough servers for the 2million + gamers online at any one time.

it kinda take the piss that due to the success of the franchise it has got to the point that the gamers that were there at the start and who helped build that success are now being pushed away. 

Yes, I'm not alone with this trouble.

It's amazing to do 2 years later a game worst than the first version.

I can't understand why I died 9/10 in 1vs1.

But in this game you can shoot an enemy with a scope from 2 meters distance and see in the scope in 0,5s and win the battle!

I love this game, but that different aberrations kill it.