30 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2012 9:00 PM by QwertyBoredom RSS

Is there no room for positivity? And probably a dumb question

Quasifrodo1

Probably silly to assume but I thought the first few weeks the forums would be a 50/50 spit of love and hate but it seems to be just hate, and I'm a little confused?

I've been reading these forums for a while through bo1 and mw3 and it seems to me that loads of the previous complaints have been fixed in this game.

We hate ghost campers, ghost has been merged but only to the point of affecting corner campers

Kill streaks are too easy to get, kill streaks are now harder to get but more rewarding

No one plays the objective, if you play the objective you'll get you streaks easier.

We want more options for classes, we now need to be very clever in our class selections because everything has been split up a lot more than we are used to.

To clarify I'm not the best player but I did find that at the end of mw3 I could easily go 50+ kills with less than 10 deaths consistently because it was too easy to get kill streaks.

I've started playing this game and I am struggling with it but I think it's more of a getting used to it problem than the game itself. The first week is always a bit of pain for players like me because I like to find my own way and not just jump on the easy gun wagon, and the variety causes me the problem of too much choice so I'm sure I'm setting myself at more of a disadvantage than I need to.

Connection also seems to be a big thing, at the moment I have shocking Internet and I can safely state that it is causing me no end of issues, I am definitely not being compensated to give me an advantage at all.

I'm also having those moments where I think I have put enough bullets into someone to kill them, stop firing and them think on ****! And I die. Plus the hit boxes for me seem to be very precise so I need to keep my gun on target completely instead of getting the lucky sprays of the last two games.

And my question is double Xp this weekend, I can't see the code anywhere in the box for this, am I being stupid? I did preorder and got the hardened so should have it. Could someone that has it let me know exactly where to look please.

Cheers

• Re: Is there no room for positivity? And probably a dumb question
    WKMMS

I'm very happy with how the game has turned out.  I'm having a lot of fun with it.  I have noticed some problems with the spawn logic (similar to MW3) and I think they need to put some spawn protection for explosives, because I've spawned to insta-death from HKDs or L-strikes, and even nades a few too many times.  That said, the game is less than a week old and I think people are being way too quick to whine and moan about things.  Constructive criticism is well and good, but writing off the game completely at this point is silly.  There were always going to be problems that could not be identified until the game got out to the masses.  Give the devs a chance to address the issues first at least.

QwertyBoredom

Im very positive I think that once 3arch have had some time to work WTFs actually happening with the game and get though all the BS comments they will start to work on the patches people want (I personnaly havn't had any issues yet)

WKMMS

Oh, and just about the Double XP weekend... As far as I remember, you have to have downloaded the Nuketown 2025 map and then you're qualified for Double XP weekend

Quasifrodo1

So there is some positivity out there then. I'm getting it form people I'm playing with regularly and most of them have to have an excuse to how they die. Look on here and it's all complaining. I'm personally loving the scar at the minute and the conundrum of how to set my class up, I'm like a kid in a sweet shop want it all but can only have 10 things

Cheers for the info on the double XP as well

jhonnydizznill

Positives. The kinfe is much faster. Calling in UAV's much faster. The graphics are excellent. The guns are awesome looking, far better than bo1. The spawns are much better than MW3 even though there are those "I just spawned" and died moments but overall much better. Maps are fun. Not amazing but better than MW3 and to early to judge against BO1. But the disc came with better maps than the MW3 disc loaded maps. I'm no fan of pick 10 but to bad for me and at least its new and fresh. Not just a BO expansion pack like MW3. I like the scale of players in this game compared to BO1. In BO1 they were to small. I hate scorestreaks and what seems to be semtex that dont kill anymore. But the killstreaks/ scorestreaks are damn good and way more effective than the killstreaks in BO1. TAKE OUT LAG COMP, FIX hit markers, NERF NOTHING and you got a GREAT GAME. AND the best and most positive thing so far? NO MORE LAST/ FINAL STAND.

Ss78_

I dunno if this is positive but I nearly had a heart attack when a train went past me while I was capping th HQ. They paid real attention to detail with a lot of map animations and the maps look amazing. If they can tweak the connectivity it's the best cod yet. The choices are immense and there has been no framerate issues for me either. One minute I say nah I can't be bothered with the matchmaking troubles then the next minute when it plays ok I think damn this is good.

Regarding spawns, one of the new measures Treyarc have brought in is "spawn monitoring". Vahn discussed this area during a recent IGN interview and stated every match feeds back spawn data to their servers so if you were killed within 3 seconds of spawning it gets flagged and reported as a "bad spawn". This helps Treyarc immensely for updates/patches to perfect the spawn logic. So for every bad spawn you get be safe in knowing its getting logged and will be eliminated in due course.

TABCore

Im having a great time with this game so far. Launch night I was unstoppable, tonight I finally started hitting some solid lag, but I understand things should get better. I remember both previous launches pretty well.

I remember getting the Valkyrie for the first time on BO1 and everytime I would launch it, it would blow up in my face immediately, I also remember thinking the spawns were utter BS because I kept getting spawn killed or people were spawning behind me, they fixed both of those issues pretty quickly it seemed.

I remember MW3 launch night, I swear I must have said "Im taking this ****ing game back TONIGHT!" at least 30 times.

The first month is always bad. Everyone is on and overloading the servers. Everyone camps because they dont know the maps yet. Everyone plays like the last title even though a different Dev made it. (I learned my lesson on that already and spent the last week before launch playing BO1)

In time things will get fixed and peoples SPM's and KD's will even out to where they typically are as they learn the game better.

conman2010

yep im loving the game it has got rid of so many bad play styles that shouldnt of been invented ... they have done a great job on this one .... connections sometimes a bit terdy but thats just cod .. back out n try till you get a good connection ... sorted ... good job treyarch

Yeah I'm loving it too. I'm doing ok. I was never brilliant but I reckon most players are like me. Most people that come on the forums have got negative comments and it seems to me it's because they can't adapt to changes in the game. If it had been exactly the same again there would be complaints about that. It seems to me that the major gripes are where players who are very good feel they lost a slight edge because of some difference in the game that hampers their styles of play, as though the game should be designed just for them to win all the time. Perhaps the people that are enjoying the game are out there playing it and adapting, not moaning on here.

nicedrewishfela

There is plenty of room for positivity, Quasi.

First off, Not sure if this was answered, didn't see it. If you put in the code for Nuketown, you will get the Double XP. Per Their facebook, should be active now.

I am one of those people who is truly enjoying the game. Having been a long time CoD fan and actgive on these forums, I was really worried about being let down by this title after so much anticipation. I am glad to say that I am very happy with the game so far. I have had minor lag issues from time to time, but I play HC exclusively and haven't noticed any major lag issues. A few WTF moments to be sure, but not enough to ruin the experience for me.

The weapons feel good to me. I am in love with the MTAR and PDW-15, but have also been enjoying the SWAT and Type 25. The Vektor is pretty fun to use as well. The SMGs are definitely powerful, but I feel like they are balanced in that they lose effectiveness with range. The ARs are versatile, but again they don't feel like sniper rifles across the map. Takes a good bit of accuracy and consistency to stay on target at long range. I haven't really played pub games with LMGs, and I never use snipers (though I may have to have a go with that Ballista, takes me back to the old days of bolt action rifles) or shotguns, but I have experimented with most of the weapons in Custom Games and haven't found one yet that I didn't enjoy using. There is a lot of diversity, and each gun seems to have it's own feel.

The Maps are small, but not as small as people seem to be making them out to be. There are multiple attack routes, several paths and buildings, and yet the maps don't feel cluttered to me like some on MW3 did. I love the vibrant color scheme, and the character models are clearly different this time around and easy to differentiate. I love the attention to detail in the maps. It is a lot of fun to explore Treyarch maps, a lot of hidden little goodies to examine.

The CaC, in my opinion, is revolutionary. You can really play the way you want in this game. The Perks are useful, and the attachments serve more of a purpose than simply having to use them to get a challenge completed. I was taken aback at first by the lack of footsteps until I tried Awareness in a Custom Game. Explains so much and gives a reason to have that perk without giving an unfair advantage like SRP did. Those who play using Audio Cues will enjoy using it, those who are more visual won't have the need.  Dexterity is my favorite new perk, I love climbing around like a monkey. Always fun to shock the roof dwellers on Plaza. Scavenger finally makes sense. You only get ammo packs from someone YOU kill, unless you use an explosive. The balance seems just about right on perks, and it seems each one actually serves a purpose.

The equipment and scorestreaks are useful as well, and just plain fun to use. The War Machine... I had so much fun when I got one in a Care Package. Streaks are tough to earn in this game, so I love that they are so useful and effective. New tacticals like the shock charges are good fun as well, and the Black Hat PDA is a stroke of genius, although I do hope it isn't abused by trolls. It only works once per life, however, so again it is fairly balanced. Great fun hacking devices through walls!

The more I play this game, the more I am enjoying it. A lot to discover and try, and I am liking the faster paced gameplay. It doesn't feel frenetic like MW3, but has a good, solid pacing to it. The UAV/Ghost change has really improved teamwork and keeps the matches moving along, plus having Ghost at a higher level gives me something to work towards, and I feel has made me a better player by forcing me to be more alert. Being invisible certainly can make you lazy.

I feel for the people having connection issues. It seems to be common with new releases and I have faith the situation will improve as the servers adjust to the load and the game is updated. Happy gaming, all.

Quasifrodo1

Nice post pretty much everything I wanted to say in my original but actually understandable. Glad there are others out there loving the game.

A lot of the guys I play with seem to drive off of the forums and bring the complaints into our games bu a few can see so many positives of this game.

I'm personally loving the m27 and the scar at the minute, had a play with the m8a1 in combat training and can't wait to unlock that bad boy!

And the score streaks are great. To start thought they were ridiculously hard to get but then I pulled a lodestar out of a care pack and can see why. That thing is a reaper/ac130 hybrid on steroids so much fun to use! And only a 7 kill streak if your on an objective in hq while capturing or a ten kill and collect in kill confirmed.

elite_force1uk

Great post

Ive been posting a few positive threads

but they get burried under the minority of

people that are having issues with the game

My last one seems to been deleted by the

moderators (not sure why)

foomastastatic

Ok let me get this straight, Your positive post get BURRIED by negetive posts, and you say negetive posts are in the minority?? how ******* dumb are you.

Let me just recap what i just said. in term you might understand better.

If a positive post keeps getting burried by negetive posts, wouldnt that mean that theres more negetive things then positive things???

Just a thought.

elite_force1uk

foomastastatic wrote:

Ok let me get this straight, Your positive post get BURRIED by negetive posts, and you say negetive posts are in the minority?? how ******* dumb are you.

Let me just recap what i just said. in term you might understand better.

If a positive post keeps getting burried by negetive posts, wouldnt that mean that theres more negetive things then positive things???

Just a thought.

No i didnt say negative posts are a minority

I said "burried under the minority of

people that are having issues with the game"

(please read and fully understand before trying to insult somone)

The single most common reason to visit these forums is to complain

thats why there are more Negative posts then there are positive.

The negative posts on here reprosent a teeny tiny minority of the Cod community!

Whilst there may be a few thousand or so members on here complaining..

there are Millions an Millions of people playing and enjoying black ops 2 without

any issues, many will never even visit these forums..

iKushtyy

So you're implying that 10 or so people are each writing 100's of threads complaining are you?? Really?? Oh, and yes, many people will never come to these forums to put forward their praise for the game, but also remember many people will never visit these forums to complain either. Something to mull over.

elite_force1uk

iKushtyy wrote:

So you're implying that 10 or so people are each writing 100's of threads complaining are you?? Really?? Oh, and yes, many people will never come to these forums to put forward their praise for the game, but also remember many people will never visit these forums to complain either. Something to mull over.

I did say "few thousand or so members"

NOT "10 or so people" as you said..

Not sure exactly what it is you are trying to imply ??

nicedrewishfela

What needs to be understood is that it is hard to say how many people are having these problems.

Folks like me are not having issues.

Typically, you are more likely to register a complaint than a compliment. If you've ever worked in customer service you will understand this.

There are definitely issues with this game, but I do think there are plenty of people enjoying the game and not having serious problems. This is typical of first week releases on major titles. The servers have trouble adjusting to the volume and there are issues. Servers are like that, tough to predict how they will respond. This does happen pretty much every release, we just forget that. CoD has a very, VERY large worldwide community, those servers take a lot of stress.

All Elite is saying is that positive threads get buried, because of the fact people are more likely to complain. Because of this fact... it will always seem that the negatives outweigh the positives.

if they add more HC modes in a non moshpit format I will have no problems with BO2.

Tick7

Man, I've been the becon of positivity on these threads, defending this game to the hilt.

But even I'm having to throw my hands up and say "what the hell?"

The game, with it's lag, is borderline unplayable for me - I was 1 and 2 barring all day today.

I put MW3 in, and played 3 games in 3 new lobbies, and got host all 3 times in ground war (I backed out right before the end of the game and it host migrated all 3 times). I just don't know what to do about this game man. It's unplayable for me. So frustrating.

im loving the game i think this is  a new begning for  cod  i love everything about the game but like everyone else said there is some flaws im sure will get fix later on when they get the chance game is still in its first week