22 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2012 10:24 PM by Tick7 RSS

I SUCK AT THIS GAME! And that's not something I'm used to saying

Tick7

Seriously - I'm an above average player, but Tiny Tommy with his 0.4 KD and his 7% accuracy is somehow winning all his gun fights against me.

I'm so confused with what's going on here.

Anyone else having this issue?

• Re: I SUCK AT THIS GAME! And that's not something I'm used to saying
    kcwood100

have a cup of tea and a hob nob my friend you certainly are not alone.

im guessing your losing gun fights your pretty sure you won if you belive your eyes.

have a browse around the forums you wont need to look far to see somethings not right in this game.

i struggle to finish more than 5 kills positive and i would say im above average seasoned player.

Tick7

kcwood100 wrote:

have a cup of tea and a hob nob my friend you certainly are not alone.

im guessing your losing gun fights your pretty sure you won if you belive your eyes.

have a browse around the forums you wont need to look far to see somethings not right in this game.

i struggle to finish more than 5 kills positive and i would say im above average seasoned player.

Thanks for this.

I know people are experience the same issue, it's just... well I guess it's nice to hear someone tell you that it isn't you.

I just don't know what it is, and you are right - losing gunfights that I'm 100% I would have won in any other Call of Duty game. It's so frustrating and so disheartening as well.

I WANT TO like this game. I want to say "**** yeah, Black Ops 2 = the new CoD 4". The CoD game that EVERYONE loves. But this is just so hard to like right now.

supervelous

yes, I am losing the majority of my gunfights, despite having a 2.5+ KD in MW3 with 200 MOAB's, I now consistently lose gunfights to the guy with a 0.5 KD. 

I understand MW3 does not equal BLOPS 2, but I didn't suddenly become incapable of winning a COD, come around the corner at the same time gunfight.   There are times when I know he's coming bc of UAV or VSAT, and prefire and STILL LOSE.  Killcam shows he came in door, saw me, ate a sandwhich, then put 27 bullets in my chest cavity.  And the killcam is not smooth, it's stuttery.  I have 50/8 internet so it's not me.

Something is not right, and it's ruining the game for me.  The 1 out of 20 matches I have where it seems everything is registering fine, I LOVE THIS GAME. 

Which is probably further evidence something is wrong with the connection, when I either go 15-18 or 55-7...if I am just bad at this game, I shouldn't be able to have games where I completely destroy the other team, but then very next match incapable of winning a gunfight vs. a noob.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I know something is not right when my enemy is taking two burst of SWAT dead center on his chest. I probably dashboarded around 5 times today.

I can't wait for MW4. At least IW's CODs works for me.

zingaa

supervelous wrote:

yes, I am losing the majority of my gunfights, despite having a 2.5+ KD in MW3 with 200 MOAB's, I now consistently lose gunfights to the guy with a 0.5 KD. 

I understand MW3 does not equal BLOPS 2, but I didn't suddenly become incapable of winning a COD, come around the corner at the same time gunfight.   There are times when I know he's coming bc of UAV or VSAT, and prefire and STILL LOSE.  Killcam shows he came in door, saw me, ate a sandwhich, then put 27 bullets in my chest cavity.  And the killcam is not smooth, it's stuttery.  I have 50/8 internet so it's not me.

Something is not right, and it's ruining the game for me.  The 1 out of 20 matches I have where it seems everything is registering fine, I LOVE THIS GAME. 

Which is probably further evidence something is wrong with the connection, when I either go 15-18 or 55-7...if I am just bad at this game, I shouldn't be able to have games where I completely destroy the other team, but then very next match incapable of winning a gunfight vs. a noob.

I so know what you mean, I'm just really frustrated at the moment. I just put the game away for a while and hope things clear up. I'm about the same 1 out of 15-20 games are fine.

Try changing your match search preferences to best (press x when picking what game type you are looking to play), it seems to be better for me. I'm not saying tiny tommy doesn't have those matches where I can't kill him because of it, but it will give you less of them.

nicedrewishfela

I do hope they fix the issues for everyone.

I have had the opposite experience. I have a strong internet connection, and I have been having success. I am an average player, but been positive in most of my matches. Really enjoying the game thus far and winning a fair share of gun fights.

I play HC, and I have asked the question several times before that I wonder if issues are more evident in Core  because of the amount of ammo needed to take enemies down and health regen.

Tick7

I was NOT a fan of Modern Warfare 3 at all.

It was my least played CoD in years. But at the end of the day, I still had a really strong connection and was made host more than the majority of the matches that I played. I would kill for that sort of connection on Black Ops 2 right now.

elite_force1uk

Least your being honest an not trying to blame somone else

vims1990

Tick7,

Like you, I am struggling either because I just suck or connection is hampering my COD experience.

If connection wasn't such a problem, I would rate this COD highly, I really would. There are games where I'm going 3-18 or that one game where I'm almost invincible going 40+ kills and a couple of deaths. It's inconsistant for myself and most of my mates who've been playing COD since COD1/COD2.

Give it time though. What I've done is dialed down my gameplay. I'm playing more defensively compared to previous CODs and having some success. Sure some people can say I'm camping but I'm going to quite honest, it is difficult to rush in this game.

Tick7

I tried bud.

Logic dictates that I should be slowing myself down and trying to just let people walk into my sites.

And honestly - I can find a nice, nifty head glitch, and yet still get popped off by an SMG hip fire despite me seeing, shooting, and hitting him first.

I'm honestly just dumbfounded. Just totally dumbfounded and confused on how to make any of this stop. I just threw my hands up in the air - I didn't know what else to do lol.

disturbedmk24

I've spent way more time screaming at this game in anger, then I've spent time actually enjoying it. So many flaws and problems! My internet speed and modem are excellent. The issues are 100% related to this game. It's amazing they could release a game with this many issues! Do they not test this stuff before release??? Brutal!!

Same problem here. It's really annoying. Sometimes it takes me a full clip to kill someone is frustrating.

I am thinking about calling Comcast and changing my 105 Mbps internet to a 1Mbps internet. I am beginning to think that they some how are now catering to those with the lowest speed.

Honestly, I have no idea, in BO I could pull games like 84-25, this game I am playing as tryhard as possible just to keep a positve ratio. I could care less about K/D ratios, and stats are pretty meaningless. But when the game has you yelling just because you get tired of shooting people and you end up dead, there has got to be something wrong.

Anther thing is the complete spawn raping, I joined a game on Nuketown, (demolition) and I was the only one on my team, 1v5, I couldn't even leave the back fenced in area.

Join the club. I used to always go positive in previous games, roughly 1.5 while playing at an average intensity, but with this game I constantly go negative. I don't want to camp, but if I want a better score, I feel like that's the only thing I can do.

Ur problem is core. Us in hardcore dont lag no lie. Killcam is noob stuff.