12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2012 5:57 PM by monkeylord RSS

Faster than MW3?

Izjar11

COD,

Whatchu say"

Is it me, or does BOii feel faster than MW3?

• Re: Faster than MW3?
    gambit1969

It does seem to be faster, could be the smaller maps or maybe because i am not suffering the horrible lag i used to on mw3...lol

monkeylord

I feel it's a bit slower from a personal point of view MW3 was fast because you could pac-man the crap out of people and with the equipment and perks given could get an easy 4 or 5 kills without even firing a shot.

BOPs2 seems more of a mid-pace draw them in kind of game the equipment favours the draw them in then slow them down enough to clean up approach.

ghamorra

I think the game speed is due to a phenomenon caused by the drops in frames. I've noticed that some games I just can't see the enemy. They're over here then over there. I can't get a fix and those game I die a lot. Others the game is almost a natural feeling occurence. I can shoot people and they actually die

I just finished a match where everyone seemed to blaze around the map. Then I watched some killcams closely and saw gaps in their movement. That's when I hit me that this game isn't lagging, it's just massive drops in frames

My experience is that it's slower then MW3. I agree with Monkeylord that in MW3 you could rush and kill 4-5 enemies with your akimbo. Now it's not possible. I have been experiencing lagging issues in BO2 so that might be the problem.

monkeylord

Toppurinn wrote:

My experience is that it's slower then MW3. I agree with Monkeylord that in MW3 you could rush and kill 4-5 enemies with your akimbo.

Nah I didn't mean that I meant you could put people on the map and keep yourself off it. Recon pro was a rushing assassin using pac-mans best friend and with the fact that there was a limited number of routes of travel in MW3, between flashbangs, C4s and launcher of choice you could rake in a load of kills.

BLOPs 2 has more places you can be hit from there's ledges,windows sneaky outcrops and you can climb across most maps pretty fast plus given that you can no longer keep yourself off the map anymore slowing down the enemy and pinning them down in areas means you stand the best shot of winning the gun fights.

~shrug~ personal view MW3 was fast hit and run BLOPs 2 is more mid-pace controlled engagements with more shots being exchanged.

Izjar11

BLOPs 2 is more mid-pace controlled engagements with more shots being exchanged.

YUP great way to put it! I have always prefered a game that forces good exchanges, some people are very creative when they need to be.

monkeylord

To me it feels a lot like MW2 there's even that map that has the buzz of a refined afghan  plus they did a good shake up of KC. Also by making the leaderboards irrelevent it makes it easier to eat thoese sucky rounds.

It's a rough launch but the games got a lot of promise.