1 579 580 581 582 583 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 5,800. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    bicranium

IndyOldGuy wrote:

ok, since BO 2 is HORRIBLE IMHO, can we still expect some kind of 'lag/sync/matchmaking', patch anytime soon for mw3??

It's not coming.  And if a "fix" does come it will do exactly what all the other "fixes" did... nothing.  Some people will feel a placebo effect for a bit and think it's better and that will buy a few days, maybe a week, of no complaining.  But ultimately people will realize nothing changed and beg for another ineffective "fix."

Now that my ban is up I'd like to formally apologize to Ghandi and all the other IW folks for ******** about lag comp and your "inability" to fix it over the last year or so.  With the release of Black Ops 2 it's obvious that this is something being forced upon you by Activision.  I think you guys actually did fix the game with the experimental settings in TDM however many months ago that was and were forced to return it to Activision's desired settings and then pretty much just not talk about it.

Again, I apologize for complaining and being so rude.  Obviously this issue is out of your hands.  Hopefully you guys can get out from under Activision's cloud of failure.  Of course, maybe you just like all of the money raining out of that cloud.  And I guess I can't blame you.  Just sucks that you're likely under orders to string us along and sometimes downright lie to us and there's nothing you can do about it without the livelihood of your families being threatened.

Good luck in your future endeavors.  This series is officially dead to me.

• 5,801. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    maccabi

is it too early to do the this new game sucks the last one was better line?

Serious note .. would be nice if we could have a bit of  a mix up in the "special playlists" Infected weapons seems to be a popular request and oh I remember someone making a really nifty idea for the mwsome one a little while ago

• 5,802. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Ss78_

bicranium wrote:

IndyOldGuy wrote:

ok, since BO 2 is HORRIBLE IMHO, can we still expect some kind of 'lag/sync/matchmaking', patch anytime soon for mw3??

It's not coming.  And if a "fix" does come it will do exactly what all the other "fixes" did... nothing.  Some people will feel a placebo effect for a bit and think it's better and that will buy a few days, maybe a week, of no complaining.  But ultimately people will realize nothing changed and beg for another ineffective "fix."

Now that my ban is up I'd like to formally apologize to Ghandi and all the other IW folks for ******** about lag comp and your "inability" to fix it over the last year or so.  With the release of Black Ops 2 it's obvious that this is something being forced upon you by Activision.  I think you guys actually did fix the game with the experimental settings in TDM however many months ago that was and were forced to return it to Activision's desired settings and then pretty much just not talk about it.

Again, I apologize for complaining and being so rude.  Obviously this issue is out of your hands.  Hopefully you guys can get out from under Activision's cloud of failure.  Of course, maybe you just like all of the money raining out of that cloud.  And I guess I can't blame you.  Just sucks that you're likely under orders to string us along and sometimes downright lie to us and there's nothing you can do about it without the livelihood of your families being threatened.

Good luck in your future endeavors.  This series is officially dead to me.

I sorta agree and we can only speculate but isn't the blame with microsoft. They control the matchmaking servers. For some reason I'm convinced if the matchmaking was working optimally we all wouldn't have nearly as many wtf moments with mw3 or blops 2. Activision is to blame for the shovelware mentality and their annual profits justify their choice. The patterns seem obvious to me. Get a game with relatively fast and not too far away connections the game runs fine. Get a game where the connections are all over the place and the game 'can't sync'.

• 5,803. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    bicranium

maccabi wrote:

I have no idea which game is better.  I popped Black Ops 2 in my disc try, started playing and was experiencing the exact same lag comp/netcode/whatever problems I did in MW3.  So I guess they're the same?  Which isn't good.

• 5,804. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    bicranium

Ss78_ wrote:

I sorta agree and we can only speculate but isn't the blame with microsoft. They control the matchmaking servers. For some reason I'm convinced if the matchmaking was working optimally we all wouldn't have nearly as many wtf moments with mw3 or blops 2. Activision is to blame for the shovelware mentality and their annual profits justify their choice. The patterns seem obvious to me. Get a game with relatively fast and not too far away connections the game runs fine. Get a game where the connections are all over the place and the game 'can't sync'.

The problems have been across all platforms from what I've read.  Have read that PS3 people are having an even tougher time with Black Ops 2.  Lag comp/netcode/whatever issues plus just general functionality issues (game freezing, servers down, etc., etc.).

Plenty of games have worked just fine on Microsoft's system over the years.  Halo 4 is fine and that's all Microsoft since it's their baby.

And as far as being in agmes with "relatively fast and not too far away connections"... I had a game on launch day for Black Ops 2 where I couldn't kill this one 3 bar player and I was like "Holy ****... where is this guy from?  Uzbekistan?"  Check his gamercard... had his location in his bio... SAME EXACT CITY AS ME...lol.  I live in a smallish suburb of Columbus, OH and the person was in the exact same city as me and was unkillable.  The games are just broken.  There is no rhyme or reason to their behavior.  I play in a party of people spread all over the country (California, Texas, Georgia, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, North Dakota) and it actually seems to play better.  Play with a group of friends who all live within 20 miles of me... much worse.

And these experiences apply to both games.  Which is why I think it's obvious this is an Activision thing more than an IW/Treyarch thing.

• 5,805. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Ss78_

Well what I'm talking about is not just location matchmaking. It's obvious to me they need to find a happy medium between distance and latency. That guy with the 3 bar should be playing with other 3 bar players and then the syncing would be similar.

On both titles there is a constant for me. Get host then lag behind. How much I lag behind depends on how far away and how fast their latency is. Spain,Italy, north america, scandinavia are the most common ones I've seen that make me quit and then the host migration begins.

Both of the titles should up communication on the subject instead of saying' it's all in your heads'.

I'm seeing all the bogus arguments in the blops forums. Expensive internet, mine is the cheapest fibre but it's still better than most online. Not my fault there. Oh my kd is suffering badly why o why do they keep using this argument? My w/l is suffering well mine is too but that's because I back out when being host way too much not because of the netcode.

Do they bother to put a 'have you checked your connection checklist' as a sticky on the forums nope.

Are your ports open? What is your NAT? Wireless or wired? Is someone else using the connection at the same time? Simple stuff that could go a long way.

They leave us to speculate without communicating/educating. Any dev is welcome to come and play on my connection and test it but they'll never do it.

In both games the host suffers. My connection is fine. So they are doing something wrong somewhere. Can they fix it I doubt it. Will they get dedis, I doubt it. Will these problems continue, yup.

• 5,806. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    maccabi

I've said it before a few times i really dont like or agree with geolocation for matchmaking its fundementally flawed.

Unlike mw3 I know exactly what the code is for the matchmaking in blops2 and I dislike that even more as it's throwing up some really iffy sessions for people.

ping/latency as a measuring stick is the only method of matchmaking that works cirrectly, granted in a listen server system like CoD has that has it's drawbacks to but in that case I would much prefer a matchmaking system based of latency and 1st party account information / stage one geolocation (country only) than the systems both games employ

• 5,807. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    strodoggydog

Hi Macabbi,

I am new to COD and MW3 was my first game where I bothered with online gaming. I followed your very helpful guides in optimising my connection and have been reading this thread alot as I find it very interesting, and have certainly learned alot from it, but I have 2 questions I was hoping you may be able to answer:

1 How is the lerps value set? Is it the same for each player in the lobby?; and

2. I see you have gotten into some discussions with the devs and community manager about how a large part of the problem is removal of incentive for people wanting to host due to removal of host advantage. How exactly is this implemented? Obviously "lag comp" doesn't add a delay to the "best" connections as some would have you believe, but how is the host advantage removed?

Thanks for you help!

• 5,808. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    otisman666

maccabi wrote:

Serious note .. would be nice if we could have a bit of  a mix up in the "special playlists" Infected weapons seems to be a popular request and oh I remember someone making a really nifty idea for the mwsome one a little while ago

Frustrating as it is Macc, the word we got from the IW people is that their are no other possible set ups for infection, as the ones they have are finely balanced.  It really would spice up the game though.

• 5,809. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    kastro187420

otisman666 wrote:

maccabi wrote:

Frustrating as it is Macc, the word we got from the IW people is that their are no other possible set ups for infection, as the ones they have are finely balanced.  It really would spice up the game though.

Teanah did say she'd bug the developers about it. Whether anything comes from it we'll have to wait and see, but she's at least putting it out there to them, so hopefully they'll go for it.