24 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2012 12:55 AM by ruffhouzer RSS

I LOVE probation!

Dont change a thing Treyarch. The freezing issues will be dealt with soon enough, thank you for finally implementing this!

• Re: I LOVE probation!
    rlbl

Hey have not seen you in a bit...

anyways, freezing aside do you think it has cut down on rage quiting (too early to tell)?

Hey yourself, I decided that MW3 was terrible and stayed on BOPS waiting for the new one.

Too early to say for sure right now but its not taking long. If 3arc sticks to their guns and leaves probation in place it will cut way back on people quitting to save their precious stats!

gambit1969

Maybe it is working, i had a good long session on TDM last night and only had 1 host migration during a game.

So the probation maybe giving people second thoughts before rage quitting to save their stats..

xtlc2003

In concept, like Welfare it's great, but like welfare unfortunately it fails to solve the real issue if it doesn't adress the real problem, the real problem is lag. "Rage Quitting" is bad yes, especially when you're just getting owned and just want to protect your precious K/D record but sometimes quitting is legit. I always told my kids if you're getting owned and it's total bulls**t (lagging like a mother f**ker) then just quite the lobby (obviously I didn't use those words). Dude I don't want to get punished even more for a quitting game/lobby that I'm already being punished (lagging BAD) for undeservingly. Who wants to spend the entire match unloading a mag onto a guy that you see CLEARLY dead in your sights only to be off b y the equivelent of a couple of feet due to lag. I'm not great I'll admit, on an average game without lag I'll only average a 0.6 to 0.9 With that kind of ratio you're dying more than killing and I'm okay with that but come on, we all because of lag have those 0.33 games that are just enfuriating and NOT but I'm also not a guy getting owned. Unless they can really find a way to reduce lag issues punishing rage quitters should be come second to that.... although I do agree it should be at the top of the list because if I understand you guys correctly rage quitters are one of the major causes of Host Migration

If I enter a game and I die so I am now 0-1 and I rage quit, just leave game and not dashboard, I am still given that death in my overall stats.  Its true try it.  So I'm not sure why people are saying that rage quitting, at least just from game, will save your precious stats because it doesn't.  My question is are people getting probation for rage quitting out of just the game they were in and going back to lobby or are they getting probation for dashboarding only?

blazed0wayz

I would have to say that 'rage quitting" as everyone seems to call it is each person that buys the game right. If you want to quit mid game thats your right. I mean come on everyone paid for the game and should be allowed to play it as they see fit (camping, quiting). With that said I hate people quitting in the middle of the game but hay thats life. The thing that makes no sense to me is not being allowed to swear in the game. When I play hard core and I am hearing the game itself swear all the time. It seems like a double standard to me. And all the damn cheating that goes on and is still going on in BO2 just makes a person wonder if all that was promised was nothing more then them blowing smoke up all our butts. I will have to say that Black Ops 2 is the best call of duty game to date and I will never buy another IW call of duty game again in my life.

the_eon

I'm in for lengthy probations then. If you think I'm going to act as Activisions server with my Fibre Optic broadband you can think again. If I'm being ripped off I'm quitting. I'm not boosting every elses KD by being cannon fodder when I'm hosting. I will quit until I get a good lobby.....

The problem is that instead of quitting game, they are logging off which ends the game if they are the host.

xtlc2003

I'm sorry but I barely started to play MP last night. I've been tinkering with Zombies and Campaign. You can "log out" of a lobby? I mean I know you can quit and with all the problems they're having I'd hate to get punished for leaving a bad (where I'm lagging terribly) lobby. Oh and what if your PS3 freezes and you need to reboot, does that cause you to get probation?

the_eon

Yep I sign out so it doesn't kill my stats. If I'm getting beat by a better team (happens a lot) I will take the loss and learn from it. If I'm being ripped off I'm signing out. I tend to wait to near the end of the game just to pi$$ them off. I' no tplaying the game so other people can have a good time at my expense.

Harv72

Well, I guess as long as your stats as a pretend gunfighter are immaculate then everything else is fine, right?  And why would it bother you knowing they don't actually reflect your skill level because, hey, you can impress so many people with them.  I'm sure girls all swoon as soon as you mention your 3.2 kd, am I right?

You know what the best part is?  You don't just get probation after probation...if you keep dashboarding you get IP banned.  So enjoy those stats while you have them!

ChestSplittah

the_eon wrote:

Yep I sign out so it doesn't kill my stats. If I'm getting beat by a better team (happens a lot) I will take the loss and learn from it. If I'm being ripped off I'm signing out. I tend to wait to near the end of the game just to pi$$ them off. I' no tplaying the game so other people can have a good time at my expense.

Hast thou studied my good book?

esmorgue

For most a high kdr is a compensation for their small ****.

TRU11

stop making me the F host and i wont have a reason to quit any game.

host migration means the damm host had enough of being a punching bag for the oponnent tnx to being in an disadvantage.

seriously if you been a host you know what im talking about unless you are 1 of those sitting in a corner type of players.

when host its impossible to win any 1 on 1 close battles.

you will feel like you empty a full clip and then die by just 1 or 2 bullets to only find out from the death cam that the other person was already shooting you before you even started.

make the game playble for the host and you can believe me you will find alot less people quitting a game.

fortunally i will quit a game before it gets out of hand so there is no need for me  to sign out of PSN to save stats nobody cares about anyways.

ae_gs

Played two games of 3 vs 3 vs 3 hardpoint and the host pulled the plug on both games.  What I do not understand is if you are winning a game and the host pulls the plug not only do you get a loss, but your winstreak for the gamemode ends.  I have also taken more losses from people quitting this past week than the last several of months on MW3.

I too love probation played last night and a lot today only had one HM last night and none today. I'm loving this game all around. My faith in COD is renewed.

All these posts just make me love probation even more.

Oh and... there is NO game mode in this game that has enough players to bog out any decent fibre optic connection(20M up and down). Host ground wars all day long without problems. If you really have a fibre optic connection and it isnt working well, its your setup.. Could be you just need to open ports, could be your router, modem....Point is, I WISH I were able to get a fibre optic line here(I know how to set my network up ).

ChestSplittah

As far as I've seen there is no probation any longer.