1 9 10 11 12 13 14 Previous Next 137 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2013 6:49 AM by M3NT4L_SH0T_ Go to original post RSS
  • 100. Re: Why Treyarch Did The Right Thing With Lag Compensation

    Lag comensation is not only BS, it's unnecesary.

     

    I can remember playing CoD4 back in the day on a 1 meg connection with few problems.

     

    Do the devs even realize how little bandwidth it takes to play this game?

     

    The only thing you need is a below average broadband connection, with a minimum upload speed of something like 60kbps.

     

    If you can't get that, then i'm sorry, you shouldnt really expect to play multiplayer. 90% of people have the right connection to play the game. Why should the devs cater for those 10% of people and hamper the other 90% who can play the game properly with their own connection.

     

    Riddle me that one Batman.

  • 101. Re: Why Treyarch Did The Right Thing With Lag Compensation

    chibistevo32 wrote:

     

    Why should the devs cater for those 10% of people and hamper the other 90% who can play the game properly with their own connection.

     

     

    I would as: "Did they?" I'm definitely part of the 90% and I don't feel hampered at all.

  • 102. Re: Why Treyarch Did The Right Thing With Lag Compensation

    aka_KrayZee wrote:

     

    Halo has their issues too. Both are new games and still have things to be fixed. I am originally a Halo player than came to CoD. I love both games just as much as the other. But I feel Halo does give me more of an opportunity to engage I'm a gun fight andhave a chance to win some of those fights. Black Ops doesn't. I'm not a great player, but good, and know I shouldn't be getting killed by an smg across the map when I'm aimed at their head. Maybe I should down grade my connection and pay less? Saves me money and might get a chance to play the game.

    Halos gameplay mechanics are different in the sense it takes considerably longer to kill opponents than in COD, this can mask the instakill effect and is why you feel you have a greater fighting chance. But as you can see from the link (one of many) I suppiled shows players complaining about the EXCACT same issue and they are basing it off previous iterations of Halo . I don't mean to pick on you but it was to highlight the fact that many think they have great internet based purely on the bandwidth and advertising claims of ISPs. This is not the case.

     

    Jessedart I am not some networ guru, merely a layman that likes to read up on things and try my best to seperate truth from BS. There are people on this forum whos trade is in gaming/networking etc I'm sure so they will probably be able to help. I don't have a magic bullet answer and can only suggest waiting to see how Treyarc tweaks the game. They have a far superior record to IW for keeping on top of issues.

  • 103. Re: Why Treyarch Did The Right Thing With Lag Compensation

    Check the complaints. It's pretty clear there are problems.

     

    And the point is, they're unnecesary problems.

     

    People with mass internet don't benefit much at all in this game. The amount of data going to and from the host is so minimal that someone on 100meg doesn't have an advantage over someone on a 10 meg.

     

    The only thing lag compensation does is help one barrers who are either unfortunate to have dial up, or perhaps more annoyingly, are playing whilst having their bandwidth choked by other means ( downloading, playing over  an exhaustively used WiFi )

     

    If you get one of these in your game, the rest of the lobby suffers. Maybe you've been lucky to not be put in a lobby with said people, who knows.

  • 104. Re: Why Treyarch Did The Right Thing With Lag Compensation

    You may be right - I can only comment on what I've seen. But my question would still be, why would the devs punish the majority - it doesn't make sense?

  • 105. Re: Why Treyarch Did The Right Thing With Lag Compensation

    Why would they indeed, that's my point, surely.

     

    I dare say they wouldn't mean to. They just lack any foresight to avoid this. They knew MW3 had the same problem, so why they decided to integrate it again beats me.

  • 106. Re: Why Treyarch Did The Right Thing With Lag Compensation

    Actually your point about having one bad connection apple in the lobby cart is a good one (although you didn't quite use that analogy!) - I haven't heard that explanation before and it does help clarify why it isn't always  apparent. I have to say - I really haven't noticed a problem at all - or at least I don't think I have.

  • 107. Re: Why Treyarch Did The Right Thing With Lag Compensation
    IHerpIMyIDerp

    I actually haven't noticed much lag at all, could it maybe be something that is affecting certain regions? I did have bad lag once in a while on MW3, but Blops2 seems fine to me . I did rage quit from 1 match so far, and it was because I couldnt hit anything.. Turned out I was host. But other than host disadvantage I haven't noticed any problems, at least not nearly as bad as some people have mentioned. And I do have a decent connection the fastest and most reliable ISP in my area anyway.

  • 108. Re: Why Treyarch Did The Right Thing With Lag Compensation
    Ss78_

    chibistevo32 wrote:

     

    Lag comensation is not only BS, it's unnecesary.

     

     

    Lag compensation is necessary and used in all online games. It's how they implement it game by game that's different. Now they use a method to prevent giving the host an advantage. This method is unfortunately giving the host a disadvantage. Tweaking the matchmaking to connect all the players with similar latencies would make the game sync better. The matchmakingn isn't doing this well enough and creating too much disparity between players and then being unable to sync well enough.

  • 109. Re: Why Treyarch Did The Right Thing With Lag Compensation

    Hit the nail on the ******* head. The effort to kill someone in CoD is trivial. Halo takes considerable effort (most cases) to get a kill. These small connection effects are diluted by the time to kill in Halo. CoD is instakill everywhere. Here's a grenade, how about a burst, now a knife. Endless bullshit in this game. The absolute worst is having the jump on somoene and getting killed because of the adjustment.

     

    I see this in League of Legends all the time. People with bad connections continuing to play the game. Get a better connection or don't play!