16 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 10:15 AM by GoMonkey66 RSS

Enemy UAV spotted

Enemy UAV spotted...that's all you hear.

Ghost is unlocked at 55...last level before you prestige...like seriously...UAV is like 275 and anybody can it with an assist and a flag, 2 kills and an assist, or any other combination. It's dumb. Every 30 seconds i have to stop what i'm doing, look up in the sky, search for the UAV, blow it down, and get killed because I was on the radar. So blowing down a UAV costs me a death...ehhhhhh. UAV mixed in with the lag compensation equals insta-death

Once the enemy team gets a UAV, you can't camp, and you can't rush, you can't head glitch...the opposing team always kill you.

Use your black box program and make the UAV a 500 or 600 point streak. Come on. And don't say use the default operative class..i wanna use my own class with my own gun and perks...ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I can barely hold on to a 1.96 KD and a 1.5 WL with UAV's every where......................

• Re: Enemy UAV spotted

everyones on the same playing field man.....

zvers

This is true. I found that shock charges are a campers best friend!

"Not camper friendly game..." Not true. Try using new equipment. You won't be disappointed!

CAMPERS UNITE!!!! Lol

Who cares?  UAV is part of the game.  You can't force everyone to play the same way you do.  There will always be lesser-skilled players who will utilize perks and killstreaks to help them in the game.  The game is for players of all levels.  Afterall, there is to be some strategy as part of the game.  Either shoot the UAV down or move around so the enemy can't find you as easily.

I can't believe so many people are complaining about UAV already.

kastro187420

ewiz06 wrote:

Who cares?  UAV is part of the game.  You can't force everyone to play the same way you do.  There will always be lesser-skilled players who will utilize perks and killstreaks to help them in the game.  The game is for players of all levels.  Afterall, there is to be some strategy as part of the game.  Either shoot the UAV down or move around so the enemy can't find you as easily.

I can't believe so many people are complaining about UAV already.

The UAV might be part of the game, but there has ALWAYS been a low-level passive counter to the UAV available aswell. The problem is, all the pac-man players who are used to chasing red dots everywhere started complaining that they couldn't keep their eyes on their mini-map all game and get kills.

So treyarch listened and basically created "Radar Always On" (aka "Call of Duty: Pac-Man Edition) so that you don't actually have to look for people. You just run back and forth on the map chasing the red dots all game.

hyper72

Your lucky your holding a kd ratio that high im usually around the 1.70 mark on most call of duty games but with the really bad lag compensation struggling to get around the 1.30.... Sick of hit marking an enemy and getting dropped with one shot....or knifing someone hearing the knife hit and then getting knifed back first.... Spending most of the time now creeping round the maps slowly looking for easy kills because i know i wont win a one on one... Or staying back and shooting down uav's ok rant over.

God forbid people have to run the SMAW or FHJ-18 AA as a secondary.

It's there for a reason. Destroying killstreaks adds to your scorestreak points. In previous games people complained about everyone having Ghost, now you're complaining about not having Ghost?

huntingnoluck

O MY GOD!!!! The UAV is sooooooo overpowered!!!!!!!! Seriously it is being spammed pretty bad right now, so always carry something to shoot it down. I think I have shot down almost 100 or so, so far.

Plus coutner UAV's are unlocked at level 30 something so when i prestige i have to level 30+ more times to unlock it...gayyy

-___- ...secondaries are pretty pointless anyway, so instead of a pistol, why not carry someting that helps your TEAM, aka the +75 Point Machine, and equip a launcher to take them out?  Boo F'n Hooo....

dalger22

k/d (as if it means much) is currently at 2.44...UAV does not bother me.  Invest in either counter uav or EMP...or perhaps the third option...Go play something easier for you. 

Harv72

This series would be so much better if they'd never introduced k/d into it.

Black Ops 1: "OMG, everyone's running ghost and sitting in corners, the UAV is useless and the games are SOOOO slow!"

Black Ops 2: "OMG, everyone's running UAV and tearing across the map after the red dots, it's impossible to sneak up on people and the games are SOOOO fast-paced!"

Prediction: at some point Treyarch caves in to "popular" demand and creates a no-UAV playlist.

I would much rather have people running around chasing dots than corner camping any day...scorestreaks instead of killstreaks is the single best thing they've ever done in the franchise, and the games are so much more fast paced and fun.  Well, that, and "mute all but party".