27 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2014 2:27 PM by aaces101 RSS

COD History from a Forums view! continued.

Izjar11

This is a recap of what happens (every year) in these forums when new titles are released (I was around for MW2 release)

10/09/2009 - Game: MW2

Responses: MW was better,  what is this (popular word used garbage), I'm selling the game, last time I buy COD, we were ripped of (as if someone put a gun to their heads).

10/09/2010 - Game BO

Responses: MW2 was better,  what is this (popular word used garbage), I'm selling the game, last time I buy COD, we were ripped of (as if someone put a gun to their heads).

10/08/2011 - Game: MW3

Responses: BO was better,  what is this (popular word used garbage), I'm selling the game, last time I buy COD, we were ripped of (as if someone put a gun to their heads).

10/13/2012 - Game BO2

Responses: MW3 was better,  what is this (popular word used garbage), I'm selling the game, last time I buy COD, we were ripped of (as if someone put a gun to their heads).

11/14/2013 - Game Ghost

Response: Bo2 was better, what is this (popular word used, campers paradise) I'm hating the maps, last time I buy COD, when is the next DLC release.

I am not choosing sides, the current game has issues and it is an unfortunate thing.

But this is the trend on a yearly basis with each title (here we do not fail) thing is and I cannot identify it but I am almost sure that those who say the same things are new forum participants or new to COD series.

Message was edited by: Izjar11

• Re: COD History from a Forums view!
    Abrysaf

LOL so true

I'm putting in next year's now... Game: MW4

BO2 was better... (you know the rest)

IB-CAMPIN

Awesome OP, just freaking amazing.

Tom_Hanx

Year after year, we accept and expect 75% of a game.

rlbl

Granted from the global forum view this is true.. however as I have said to many, it is not fair unless it is the SAME people jumping on each side of the fence.

example: my history

MW2: newb... I never participated in the CoD forums, just watched as I had nothing to base anything on.  But was not not overly impressed with some game mechanics.

BO: Best CoD ever (in principal, but often unplayable)

MW3: Worst piece of crap ever, never buying an IW game again (although never is a powerful word).. edit: sold the game and went back to play BO.

BO2: Love what I am seeing so far, when I can see anything at all.  This game is going to be great if/when they work things out.

---

I am sure some people bounce back and forth, but I know many people who are firm on IW games, and others who are firm on 3ARC games.

rlbl

maybe I, and a few others, are the minority

gambit1969

Agreed about mw3, that broke my heart along with several controllers from frustration at the poor online play, i like what i have seen so far in blops2, when it was running yesterday i had no lag problems and could get into games without any delays.

The same people that are ranting and raving now will be the same ones that when the issues are fixed will be cluttering up the forums complaining that this weapon is overpowered/underpowered, add this take this out and so on..

Nobody put a gun to anybodies head and marched them down to their local game shop..

jddrakes

I would say those people need to seriously stop buying the games!!  Those people are probably one of the most hated player in COD anyway so it would not be a big loss to the community.  Myself personally, I like the Treyarch games, although I am a bit upset with this one and all the extra baggage (issues) with it.  I hated MW2 mainly because the Noob tube was the first attachment unlocked for the gun so you would get your usual campers now sitting in a corner with a Noob tube!  I really like W@W!!  I think that is one of the better COD games out.  I thought Black ops was AWESOME!  Loved that game, especially loved the tomahawks!!  MW3 was ehh  ok at best.  Better than MW2 by a long shot, but no where near as good as W@W, or the BO series.  I like BO2 for sure, When I can play it.  I just hope that they fix the issues quickley so we can get back to fragging!

Izjar11

I would say those people need to seriously stop buying the games!! 

Yes, its crazy to buy something that you HATE!

.  I just hope that they fix the issues quickley so we can get back to fragging!

Right, I am on the same boat.

WolfRidge

I hear what you mean, but this game is virtually unplayable, as many of us, I'm a COD Vet and this level of dis-functionality is maxed out.

It's a shame as I think Treyarch are a truly innovative developer with great ideas but all their games have something missing?

How about Treyarch ideas with IW mechanics?

Don't give up just yet, give it time ( But not too much)

Going on campaign/ zombies whilst 3arc sort it. ( count their £$)

Izjar11

t this game is virtually unplayable, as many of us, I'm a COD Vet and this level of dis-functionality is maxed out.

yes, its unplayable currently.

Going on campaign/ zombies whilst 3arc sort it. ( count their £$)

Started to play zombies yesterday, tranzit is awesome!

huntingnoluck

Agreed and also the first week of release is always awful with server issues that everyone complains mightly aboot (yes I am canadian).

COD4 MW was an epic game... I think the COD series is like crack though, the first high you get is the best and you can never achieve it again.  In this case COD MW was the first online fps mp I loved on a console, just a great game and while the following editions were fun, they just weren't cod4.  Even though most of them have major issues at launch, we continue to buy them in hopes of achieving that first high which contines to elude us...  I will admit, I got the prestige edition of mw2 was really pissed when the servers kept dying and you couldn't play online with a party for like a week...  I still have those NVG's somewhere...

Izjar11

I think the COD series is like crack though, the first high you get is the best and you can never achieve it again

Hmmmm never tried crack to agree to this guy! hahaha but i'll take your word.

I will admit, I got the prestige edition of mw2 was really pissed when the servers kept dying and you couldn't play online with a party for like a week...  I still have those NVG's somewhere..

It seems that we all have some bad blood with COD games, so why do we all get sold again! Why do we allow ourselves to get excited, hopeful and then nothing really ever changed?

Its us, not them that are at fault. So I say this (not at you directly) if you are not satisfied / content DO NOT BUY COD GAMES! You choose to buy it, you choose is the word that many here forget.

I do not like the current connectivity issues, but what can I do? They have addressed the issue, its being worked on (supposedly) this is all the same as previous years.

Izjar11

BTW... Check out what they are talking about in XBOX.... They are talking about how the ghost perk is not good enough! In other words, because ghost use to hide you with BO2 you now cannot hide as well! And they are crying as well about it, I suspect as soon as more players begin using it we here on the PS3 forum will hear the whines.

ChestSplittah

Big Red One.. Awesome

Finest Hour...Good

CoD3...Lunch lost

CoD4...epic, ground breaking game

W@W...good game, functioned like CoD4, patches became problems.

MW2...epic, ground breaking game, functionality, matchmaking was superb. Ingame features could be problematic, yet a gamer adapts.

Black Ops.. good concept, nothing special about it, horrible unfinished game.

MW3...good concept, way to flawed to even enjoy due to matchmaking and synchronization system.

Black OpsII... not up and running well enough yet, Treyarch has shown yet again that Xbox is the lead platform they adhere to.

• Re: COD History from a Forums view! continued.
    sennalike

Add to the OP that annually Ego will drag up previous threads...

Izjar11

sennalike wrote:

Add to the OP that annually Ego will drag up previous threads...

they must arise from the ashes of other forumites!

MCCOMINATOR2

this game isn't fun and there's no body on it.  there is no other cod on ps4 and i sold my ps3.  so while it isn't the worst cod, it ain;t the best.  mw2 worked and was fun, bo2 was perfect if you could just kill the goddamned lag.  bo1 wasn't bad outside of that too, but bo2 was great.  mw3 sucked.  same lag, but they never addressed the spawns.  ever.  drop by my channel and check it out.  garbage.  it is the only cod i ever stopped playing once the next one came out.  i even put bo1 and mw2 in instead of playing it. 

bo2 froze your console for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.  wtf was that?  it was unplayable for long periods of time for that reason.  literally unplayable.  won;t load up. 

mw3 hold the bottom spot for me

slyd0g55

is there a trend happening here? or did u just copy an paste lol , im glad i didnt read roughly five years of complaining having joined the forum half a year ago im already tired of reading the same dribble

Schoat333

This is very true!

I tend to like the IW games more that the 3arc games myself.

aaces101

Classic post! Took me a bit to figure out what was going on. I hope u edit every year the new one comes out.