31 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2012 2:53 AM by Hootymadman Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Any news about the anticheat patch?

As the title says: Any news about the anticheat patch? (P2P checks PC Update coming to MW3).

(Not that I expect wonders withit but it might give a couple of days with less cheating)

• Re: Any news about the anticheat patch?

The only news is that I tried to put a post about it a few days ago in this forum and they deleted it ... so ...

jibmoney

More smoke and mirrors. It was scheduled for last week according to Candy. There are no updates from the developers on this issue of cheaters.

Someone probably hacked into it

Ucandoit

It's all a load of poo. why would they bother fixing MW3 now when BO2 is only a few weeks away. If they were going to fix it, it should have been done earlier. BO2 will be the same,it will be good in the early stages, then watch it turn to poo, full of hackers & cheats.

Hi everyone! I just played MW3 online and had 5 BIG time hackers in 2 games... I was just wondering what the **** is going on?

I usualy had one hacker per game but now it looks like everyone (almost) hacks...

I used to be a big fan of call of duty but now i'm done with it! If this is the quality of game that i can expect then i'll put my on money on games that are worth it.

Anyway  I though I could get some answers here not that I really give a **** anymore.

Thx.

Nothing because steam dont give a **** about us !

Well information is here, stickied to the forum ONE WEEK AGO:

http://community.callofduty.com/message/413420428#413420428

Notice for the rest of you I clearly highlighted the ONE WEEK AGO... so in that stickied thread they set expectations for 'at least' one to two weeks ahead of time.  In the last two to three weeks we have seen at least 3+ new types of hacks, especially another that I posted on about 'How to make my clan tag?'... those aren't mods who the hell are you kidding? 99% of people with a *yellow* (or other color) nametag in chat - to the right of your title and above the mini rank emblem as seen in game lobby - are hackers, go ahead play against them... there are very few that have disabled the aimbot or wallhacks and just use the nametag mod... you'll see the truth on that too... anyhow new information, new workload, longer delay, nuff said... give that **** some time because it ISN'T ANYWHERE NEAR THE FUXXING DEADLINE EXPECTATIONS THAT WERE SET, END OF STORY.

If anyone on this forum 'could easily code game features, add 64 player maps, include map mod tools, blah blah blah' they'd have made their own game competing against CoD franchise right now... instead they are here complaining about how nothing is done... nothing happens overnight, so once again, give Candice/MW3 security some credit for working their a$$es off for months attempting to fix new emerging threats in the blink of an eye... this game didn't just take a week to code... BLOPS2 was announced right after launch of MW3 with expected release date preset ONE YEAR LATER... MW4 is slated for release end of 2013... they are working for months if not years on upgrading and implementing new features, graphics updates, etc. in order to make things work... so if you thought this change was going to happen overnight... well guess what... go play Sims 3 and hack if you want to, we don't care...

Then you are retard, it's not so hard to make some anti cheat thinkgy which will ban hackers... there would be so much more players then... people can't play if hackers bring people up to the sky and let them fell down like it happened to me two minutes ago...

The problem is simple, the game was released with no anti-cheat in place from day one, the game is a direct copy of cod4, and the cheats where easy to code, and the P2P game play was a good idea, that gave each player with matched skills play against each other, but poor implamentation and the lack of manned dedicated ranked servers put a lot of players off, as most had moved over from cod4 to play this and expected it to have the same type of front end and on-line game play i.e. go to a server list and choose your game, but P2P was just too much for the old school players to take to.

kev1975

maybe they should concentrate on one game at a time ? . Get that working properly then move on to the next . Instead of queing up the games , trying to make as much money as they can and releasing half cooked games

chuba2

My tweet replies:

17th October

C-Dawg {C-F]

@candyslexia How about dealing with cheaters on your game, we can't play a single game mode without them on PC! 

17th October

Candice (C4) @candyslexia    

@C-Dawg {C-F] we have an update ready to help improve this, hopefully we'll be releasing it this week!

19th October

C-Dawg {C-F]

@candyslexia  So we are now Friday and still no sign of this update, do you honestly think the legit gamer believes you? same old.

19th October

Candice (C4) @candyslexia    

@C-Dawg {C-F] we ran into an issue we had to address before release. I’m hoping it’ll get out early next week. This is how game development is.

Doh!!! and the lies go on and on and on... but hey they updated MW2 after 3 years of its release, GJ IW...

Iw unleasing a anti cheat patch?LOL no way

majicninja1

a script kiddie is someone who steals code from another person and calls it their own. n00b.

kev1975

the fact that there was no way to ban people in the released retail copy of the game is shocking , the sheer numbers of cheaters in game means you can sometimes be ingame with 4 or 5 wall hackers/aimbotters and all you can do about it is report them. Why should i have to take time out of my game to report these fools ? why isnt there an agressive detection method that looks for the cheats on any given system , that can be updated to check for the newest versions of those cheats ? . To be quite honest ive had enough of it . I have purchased almost every title in the cod series and what ive seen is a steady slide into oblivion from cod2 untill now . Mw3 is the last cod game i buy as the people developing these games either have no clue what people want or dont care . You have taken away the customers ability to make thier own maps and to host thier own servers that allow you to lvl up , yet you do nothing to stop cheaters , i suppose thats because theres no money in that course of action . Never will i buy a game that holds your mark again

i hope you choke on your greed and on mw3

Totaly agree. We got a game here that could easily been a verry good one. But i mean, why are people hacking anyways? Its absurd, when it is like this. A game where you actualy CAN cheat without getting banned. And people prove that 2-3/5 gamers actualy would use hack and cheat a game if they could. Is kinda disapointing from the gaming comunity.. The fact that a game like cod would let them, is betrayal of the gaming comunity! I don't know who to blame more here, but the fact that playing the game is totaly impossible without getting K/D ****** up by some shitkid is still there. And if there is not done anything that makes everyone who saw this game fall into the hands of cheaters, verry happy. And perhaps the chanse to spit at the banned account of some shitter no-skill cheatbrains, i'm verry gone from gaming. I don't want to play BF and now soon CoD is dead for me too...

****! I don't get it! This is a game that is loved by so many.. Why are they not doing somthing?

kev1975

they tried to release a patch to be able to get rid of cheaters , but they never checked it would work properly and had to roll it back . Now its anybodies guess when we will get it

The sad truth, like many cod titles they roll them out and it's down to player feed back, then they patch it, and all is well again.  But this time it was released with out an anti cheat or at least one that the cheaters get round.  the main difference is all cod that came out did not have this silly P2P and unranked dedicated servers, and of course they did have punkbuster and active Admin to sort cheaters out, and only one way to play on-line and rank up.  they know P2P has issues and if not on a secure network is impossible to control...  the big question will they learn from this?

Its a basic usual for a company like this they bang out as many games as they can as fast as they can.

They dont think about anti cheating devices as they dont give a dam about US THAT LIKE THE GAME.

They may as well be asking us all to bend over and start fisting us just to get their cash from us.

I for one will never buy another game from this company so i hope they go broke soon enough and realize they should be thinking of its gamers rather than their pockets.

If u ask me i think this company realy just dosent care anymore they made their cash from us now WE THE COSTOMERS have to suffer their greed and stupidity.

And as for BO2 im not even gonna bother with it as why waste my time effort and money to be cheated by them again.

Cheat me once shame on you cheat me twice then lawyers and trading standards comes into play.

Well ive had my rant so il leave it at that for now.

The sad thing was back in the day, IW and Co  etc would listen to the players on there forums, and would bend over backwards to resolve any issues with there games, but now you don't even get a reply from the devs, if they don't have an answer to the cheaters over running this game why not just say so, and not keep up the bull, that a fix we be forth coming, as for players wanting money back then that's a no brainer "NO" the only thing to learn from this farse is don't run in and buy until you visit the forum and get players feedback, and lots of player are still buying this game even today knowing it's full of cheats then coming on the forum complaing about the cheats ?

this is gettin a serious problem in MW3. no server without cheaters.. bullshit.

oh yes a big problem and now its weekend and now the cheaters are really lose. im getting more and more tired of it and are just thinking about just to delete the game. Its not any fun to go in and take a game and then are there nothing but bloody cheaters on.

It simply cant be right that they dont do anyting about it, they just want our money and then rest they dont care about. its so sad

I don't know how many cheaters are online as I only play private games with our clan, if and when they bring out this anti cheat, then and only then we all may go back online  and kick some butt, none of our clan members have got any of the DLC "don't see the point" because why spend any more money on a game you can't play without cheaters winning every game, so IW please bring out the anti cheat patch asap.