1 2 3 Previous Next 80 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2013 10:09 AM by jhairumeee RSS

Kicking People in Hardcore

lonogottagun

Make this something the team votes on, or remove it.

I play with a full party almost any time that I am on, so kicking my buddies for accidental team kills doesn't help our expeirence, it hurts it.

The intent behind kicking players for team killing is sound, just make it something the team decides.

We are being forced to play Core, which is bullet sponge city.

If you want to reinvent mutliplayer, make it more controllable by the players.  We get funneled into game types and modes that we do not enjoy, so end up feeling cheated since we paid good money for the game.

• 1. Re: Kicking People in Hardcore

Dont you get automatically kicked after like 3 team kills??  I havent seen the issue of others just kiccking someone out..

• 2. Re: Kicking People in Hardcore
    lonogottagun

Yes, auto kick for 3 team kills.

• 3. Re: Kicking People in Hardcore
    TheGreatJRoad

It used to be a player option after two team kills, the person you killed can press X to kick you.  I would love for it to go back to this.  That way if it truely is an accident, they will not kick you, but if you intentionally kill teammates then you should be kicked!

• 4. Re: Kicking People in Hardcore

but your saying you and friends are getting kicked before 3??

• 5. Re: Kicking People in Hardcore
    lonogottagun

No, I said we are getting auto kicked for 3 team kills.

They did the same thing in the last BLOPS, and it forced us to play Core.

I got kicked from a game in BLOPS1 because my Sentry gun shot a team mate who accidently ran infront of it as it started shooting, and then a SAM Turret shot the edge of a building while trying to take down a spy plane and blew up two team mates.  I was having a great game and got kicked automatically.  That was the last day I ever touched Hardcore in BLOPS1.

So, needless to say, I am again, extremely disappointed that they have added something thoughtless, stupid, and unhelpful.  In BLOPS1, people just used it as a way to get kicked and it didn't hurt their win streak.  So if your team started losing, and you were playing with randoms, a lot of times they would just kill 3 team mates to get kicked so they could maintain their win streak.

Basically, I've spent another $60 on a game that has nothing for me.  I'm forced to play in a mode that I do not enjoy.  And even if Hardcore didn't have the auto kick feature, it only has like 4 game types.  The same stupid BS as last time.  And they will say, "Less people play Hardcore".  Oh really?  I wonder why?  Maybe because you've consistently short changed it on game types and added auto kick which made even those of us who enjoy Hardcore stop playing it.

• 6. Re: Kicking People in Hardcore

This is all the more reason to make all Hardcore modes ricochette. Accidents happen. They do a lot. However, if the decision was with the player on whether or not to boot someone, they would just boot them. (Note: see previous Halo games where you could team-kill, accidents would often get you booted.) Richochette just hurts yourself, and doesn't hurt your team. It was the worst in the old Black Ops when you called in napalm or a stealth bomber only to somehow kill three teammates and get booted.

Since I do play Hardcore S&D mainly, a team-kill is a HUGE thing. You're suddenly out the rest of that round, and theortically you didn't do anything wrong. I understand they are trying to make it more realistic, but some things should be considered.

• 7. Re: Kicking People in Hardcore
    lonogottagun

I agree, that Ricochet is a superior model for team killing/damage.  It is actually more effective about stopping/preventing team killing because you can't do it at all.

• 8. Re: Kicking People in Hardcore
    nycjpm

While I understand your frustration, ricochet is often worse.

The jacknut that runs in front of me without looking when I'm shooting deserves to die.

I'd say the thing to do is make ricochet turn on for a player after 3 team kills.  That way a true jackass can't ruin the game for everyone and nobody gets kicked from parties or games over an accident.

• 9. Re: Kicking People in Hardcore
    thehunan

It should only be ricochet for the first 15 seconds or so. then then turn it off. I think the shoot your own team and you die is stupid. This way is much better. the only peoblem with this way is you get people that think it is so much fun to blow up as many of your own team in some game modes right off the bat. helps there friends on the other team win a round or 2. I like this the way it is. Take a second and identify your target. dont just spray because you see someone and hope you hit him first.

1 2 3 Previous Next