so it just happen in my son ps3, he was playing the campain at the horses mission, then he saw a big tank moving shooting at him. then the horse fall and you have to press button but he die, then the screen just stayed black and completly frooze the playstation, impossible to press "PS" button so i had to remove the disc then hold power button to reset the ps3
Here is what usually occurs with me when I get the hard lock screen:
1. Joined Lobby/Waiting in Lobby after a game.
2. Message will say "Need more players to balance.." when there already is a full lobby.
3. Sit there waiting in lobby while people leave/join while still showing message from #2
4. After an unspecified amount of time, the screen just freeze completely.. Which ends up requiring me to Hard Reset.
Not sure if that helps, but thats what has happened 7 of the 8 times ive experienced a hard lock.
I know an easy way to make the PS3 lockup and act funky.
1. Put COD Black Ops 2 disc in.
2. Try to bring up ELITE app BEFORE playing Black Ops 2.
All of the issues I faced seemed to be because I tried to do things before actually playing Black Ops 2 for the first time. Ex. Buying the Nuketown 2025 map before playing, caused the market to hang.
Ps3 slim (dont know what gb) updated to latest system update. try searching for a game and get
An error has occured while trying to find a session, please try again"
So, ive tried again say 20 times. reset my router 4times. turned the ps3 on and off tried agan no luck. reset it, no luck, played on another game it worked so i went back with full hope and no. so i took ps3 out of socket left it an hour. took router out for an hour and still no. tried joining friends to see if i can join a game, cant even join while 2hours erlier i was playing with them
hope this helps in any way
This is still happening to me even dispite yesterday i said deleting the patch fixed it... It did not. It simply took longer for it to happen again and I dont know if that was due to coincidence or what.
Once again: Shutting down with blinking red light
60GB - Chicago
Only shuts down in game modes, not menus.
I've installed the texture files.
- I'm prompted with a patch.
- I load up. (I have load to MP selected)
- I enter matchmaking.
- I attempt to play a game.
- I get into a game or barracks for emblem.
- freezed at least 3 time
- blown out as seemed hot
- stripped and cleaned rebuilt
- 1st game today freeze been on charging controllers
- removed cover
- ran fine
- refit cover lasted 2 games.
- removed all good may be something more sinister with mine
slim 250gb version 4.3
seem to entry matches sometime with out custom class
1. automatic load to MP
2. select multiplayer game Ex: Nuketown 2025
3. screen goes black with COD load symbol in cornerl for 2-3 seconds
4. goes back to MP lobby with an Error: An error occured while trying to find session, please try again.
cant join any sessions or even play combat training. I'm wirelessly connected, my BF is wired and he isn't having this problem. Has been happening all morning. 4 hours.