16 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 1:41 PM by Jaker097 RSS

You guys really need to RELAX

It's the first day after the release... it was probable that they were going to have some problems...
I'm sure they are working to fix the problem the best they can

It's not the end of the world... Relax lol

• Re: You guys really need to RELAX
    JayB_88

Exactly my thoughts. hopefully it gets resolved soon

kastro187420

Yeah, people shouldn't be upset that they can't play the game they paid $60 for. That's ridiculous.

/sarcasm

Seriously though, just because it's "day 1" doesn't excuse the problems, especially when these problems shouldn't have happened. They should've been caught during testing. If people are encountering these problems all over within the first few hours, how were none of these issues caught during the months of alleged testing?

You wouldn't buy a new computer and then say "It's ok, they'll fix it eventually" if it wasn't functioning right, nor would you do it with a new car. But for some reason people give game developers a free pass on these things.

Title Updates and Patches aren't a free pass to slack on testing. I'm not sure why people don't hold developers to a higher standard.

Poisn8ball

A company can test their software a million times, but they are never going to get the full spectrum of issues until they go live with it. There is a huge difference between beta testing 100,000 players and over one million players. No one is saying its an excuse to say it is game day issues. But that is the reason why it was somewhat expected. I'm sure numerous other issues that did occur in the Beta testing were resolved.

kastro187420

Poisn8ball wrote:

A company can test their software a million times, but they are never going to get the full spectrum of issues until they go live with it. There is a huge difference between beta testing 100,000 players and over one million players. No one is saying its an excuse to say it is game day issues. But that is the reason why it was somewhat expected. I'm sure numerous other issues that did occur in the Beta testing were resolved.

This is why I've been calling for a Public Beta for a long time. Year after year, people get fed the same line over and over again that "we don't need a public beta, we trust our teams.", and year after year when the game releases, they're rushing to try to fix issues that have no right existing if proper testing was conducted.

Well I guess I just have better things to do than sit around and complain about a silly game... yes I like playing it but everyone is acting like it's the end of the world, freaking out like it's the only thing they can rely on the spend their day doing... lol

kinda sad actually

kastro187420

LilJeRRy wrote:

Well I guess I just have better things to do than sit around and complain about a silly game... yes I like playing it but everyone is acting like it's the end of the world, freaking out like it's the only thing they can rely on the spend their day doing... lol

kinda sad actually

The problem is, people such as yourself keep referring to it as "just a game", and use that as justification for being sold a broken product. What you need to do instead is look at it for what it is: A product. Most people, when spending $60+ dollars on a product, are going to be disappointed if they aren't getting what they paid for.

So answer me this:

If you bought a new car and tried to drive it off the lot, only to find that it was constantly dying on you, and had other issues that you weren't made aware of until after the purchase, would you simply say "Oh well, better luck next time I guess."? No, you would go back and demand them to make it right.

This is no different. Just because it's a product designed for entertainment should not provide them a free pass. It's that kind of attitude that allows them to constantly release broken games year after year. They know the less-intelligent people (the type the game is marketed towards) will continually buy into it and just accept that it's broken and assume that to be the standard.

You ever want that to change, start demanding accountability. If you're fine with the status-quo though and don't mind buying a broken product, then by all means, say nothing.

Wolfpack4Life

It's not the same as buying a new car. New cars cost a lot of money, not $60.

Besides, even with a Beta, you cannot predict what is going to happen when 100,000 slam the online servers. It cannot be replicated (even by a beta) and there truly is no possible way to prevent server problems like this. 

I agree it sucks, and I'm not happy either. But I at least have a little bit of patience. It's obviously not an easy fix and it's going to take some time. Coming on here and freaking out like a 9 year old girl isn't going to solve anything. If you would like to complain, do so maturely. It will go alot further!

kastro187420

Wolfpack4Life wrote:

It's not the same as buying a new car. New cars cost a lot of money, not $60.

Besides, even with a Beta, you cannot predict what is going to happen when 100,000 slam the online servers. It cannot be replicated (even by a beta) and there truly is no possible way to prevent server problems like this. 

I agree it sucks, and I'm not happy either. But I at least have a little bit of patience. It's obviously not an easy fix and it's going to take some time. Coming on here and freaking out like a 9 year old girl isn't going to solve anything. If you would like to complain, do so maturely. It will go alot further!

The analogy is the same. You don't buy a product that doesn't function and then say "oh well.". Most intelligent people will go right back to the store they purchased it from and get a refund or replacement.

There are ways to prevent problems like this. It's called testing. You'll notice that the 360 Version isn't having these issues. To the best of my knowledge, the PC version isn't either. Yet, for the 2nd consecutive Treyarch game, the PS3 version has had issues from the get-go dealing with connections.

I'm not saying everyone should throw a fit and stomp their feet, but don't be afraid to voice your complaints and make them heard. Telling people not to stand up for themselves and to not be annoyed that it's broken is the wrong way to go.

JayB_88

No i agree there is no excuse for these issues actually i totally agree, i myself have posted in a thread at the top ofthe forum and messaged activision support on the issue, what i havnt done is ranted swore and just been totally unhelpful in the forums as to regards of my issue unlike many other people on the forum

that is what people need to relax on, find one of the focused threads, or contact activision with their details as many other people are doing sensibly and wait for this issue to get resolved

LOL, GO AWAY!

Atleast league games works

I agree be patient and play league matches.

They will fix the problem. Coding is not a case of pressing a few keys and it magically works. It's a very complex and time consuming job also they don't want to rush as they will want to avoid any further issues.

Be patient and have faith

Da_xavier

With this being the second time we as ps3 owners have gotten a fist in the ass from tryarch no we will not calm down. it's obvious they did little to no testing on the ps3 side and worried more about Xbox 360 due to the facy of course they have that good ol deal with Microsoft hence they need to put out a better product on that system. Its been that way since COD 4 released.

I understand that its the day after release and all but shouldnt they have been expecting something like this? They really should have been prepared for what was going to happen out of all honesty