13 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 10:32 AM by Immortalsin RSS

STOP ASKING FOR DEDICATED SERVERS! we have them....

}cog{bender

Public service announcement: All public games are hosted on RANKED DEDICATED SERVERS! are you all slow or something? if you guys want the server browser then ask for a SERVER BROWSER, not dedicated servers, we already have them. Thank you that is all.

• Re: STOP ASKING FOR DEDICATED SERVERS! we have them....
    STaTiC

Server Browser - GOOD IDEA!!

Fasem123

true, but Treyarch is just too greedy to implement a Server Browser. Even though i haven't been able to play this game, because Treyarch was also too lazy to test the game before release. Stupid buggy game, crashes on menu

When MW2 came out the PC community was not happy there were no Dedi servers.  So IW listened (or so we thought) and said "OK we will give you dedi servers for MW3.  We all went...Yaaaaaaaaay and bought the game.  Only they didnt didn't tell us they were going to be unranked. 

Shafted once.

When the PC community got upset Treyarch said  'we are not like those dumbshits over at IW, we will give you ranked dedicated servers"  We all went Yaaaaay and pre-ordered the game.  The game came out and it is ranked dedi servers but no "end user rentable" servers with full custonisation ability like COD 4 and no server browsers. 

Shafted twice.

COD really likes shafting the PC players.  So we have been shafted twice...now we shaft back and say "Piss off COD we won't play you game we will play Donkey Kong and Battlefield 3 because they look after their supporters"

They say they care about the PC community but all they do is release **** console games to PC and expect us to be happy. 

LOL it's so funnyit's not!

If they wouldn't put people from all over the world into the same servers(just like matchmaking does) then it wouldn't be an issue.

If the dedicated servers are going to connect people from all corners of the earth, then they may have just as well used matchmaking to begin with...because the way things are right now, it's just sloppy

They don't want to add a server browser... they have the perfect setup for ripping off the customer here.

The servers are all run through Treyarch, thus they WILL be taken completely offline at some future date and the game will be 100% unplayable for everyone. (CoD4 would not be alive today if it had official servers only)

They FORCED matchmaking on everyone knowing full well that it would completely negate any and all benefits of having "ranked dedicated servers" (their selling point) They are also FULLY aware that as the game gets older and population goes down the matchmaking gets worse = the less people play = giving them justification to take the servers offline.

I actually predicted that their "ranked dedicated servers confirmed" comment meant nothing and that they would screw us with no admin control and no server browser..... and people called me a ****ing idiot....  I was then censored (and banned) simply for stating prior to launch that matchmaking would be the only way to play (an undisputable fact)

It's VERY clear that they are on a mission to lessen the appeal of the PC version as much as possible (by making it an "Xbox experience")

Three undisputable FACTS to keep in mind about the Call of Duty franchise...

1. Activision has "exclusivity deals" with Microsoft regarding the Call of Duty series!

2. Xbox users MUST PAY Microsoft in order to play Call of Duty multiplayer!

3. The more Call of Duty players that switch from PC to Xbox, the more money Microsoft makes!

Well congratulations Treyarch, Black Ops 2 is the FIRST Call of Duty title since CoD4 that I haven't purchased at launch, and have no intention of ever spending a dime on.

R.I.P. Call of Duty....

Thankfully Farcry 3 is coming Dec. 4th, and it has a SP campaign that is 100 times bigger/better, a 4 player co-op campaign, and a multiplayer MAP EDITOR.... See they actually DO give a crap about the game they make, and it will actually be worth spending money on.

Uhm, yeah. A lot of hate in this thread. I have no qualms about this game. Been playing multiplayer since I got it at Monday at midnight and I haven't seen less than a 4 bar, never had in game lag, the games never crashed or failed to load and I'm playing with all settings maxed out (except Field of View Depth which I had to drop to Low because I had ADS framerate drops) at 1920x1080. Great game.

MooseParada wrote:

Uhm, yeah. A lot of hate in this thread. I have no qualms about this game. Been playing multiplayer since I got it at Monday at midnight and I haven't seen less than a 4 bar, never had in game lag, the games never crashed or failed to load and I'm playing with all settings maxed out (except Field of View Depth which I had to drop to Low because I had ADS framerate drops) at 1920x1080. Great game.

It's so funny to see people like you trying to say the game is working great, when all you have to do is check out the forums (both here and steamforums) to see a MASSIVE number of people complaining about connection issues and lag compensation. (many of them commenting on lag even with 4 bar connection)  Lag compensation that should even exist because of their "dedicated servers" but it does because of matchmaking.

Not to mention all the threads being made about technical problems from people completely unable to even play the game.

DirtyMegabyte

Matchmakingfails wrote:

Three undisputable FACTS to keep in mind about the Call of Duty franchise...

1. Activision has "exclusivity deals" with Microsoft regarding the Call of Duty series!

2. Xbox users MUST PAY Microsoft in order to play Call of Duty multiplayer!

3. The more Call of Duty players that switch from PC to Xbox, the more money Microsoft makes!

I love matchmaking, but a little less now that I know this. Damn it!

}cog{bender

There is no such thing as lag comepnsation in this game, that is for listen servers guys!! Holy crap, know what you are talking about before you speak. Also, the reason for Matchmaking is NOT so they could take the game offline in a future date, they can do that at anytime in any of the COD's right now if they wanted to, as all those games have to run through thier master servers. iIf they goes down, or they take them offline, then you have no server browser, remember last week when the master server went offline for Black ops and WaW  because of Hurricane Sandy? you couldn't get online! Most of you guys don't know what the hell you're talking about.

BTW, this game has more great PC features than any in the PC franchise thus far! DX11, TXAA, FXAA, Ambient Occlusion, Lean, FOV (90 FoV coming soon) uncapped FPS etc.

So hatters stop hating and go play on your crappy PC's or your consoles.

}cog{bender wrote:

There is no such thing as lag comepnsation in this game, that is for listen servers guys!! Holy crap, know what you are talking about before you speak. Also, the reason for Matchmaking is NOT so they could take the game offline in a future date, they can do that at anytime in any of the COD's right now if they wanted to, as all those games have to run through thier master servers. iIf they goes down, or they take them offline, then you have no server browser, remember last week when the master server went offline for Black ops and WaW  because of Hurricane Sandy? you couldn't get online! Most of you guys don't know what the hell you're talking about.

BTW, this game has more great PC features than any in the PC franchise thus far! DX11, TXAA, FXAA, Ambient Occlusion, Lean, FOV (90 FoV coming soon) uncapped FPS etc.

So hatters stop hating and go play on your crappy PC's or your consoles.

Do you even realize how foolish you sound?

The master server and official servers are two completely seperate things. The amount they would have to pay to maintain a master server (if anything) is NOTHING compared to the costs of running thousands of official dedicated servers for people to play on... Also unlike official servers they would have no justifacation for taking the master server offline.

As far as lag/lag compensation... it doesn't matter what you call it. Facts remain that it IS present... (there are already youtube videos showing it)  I would call it lag, but the general population refers to it as lag comp so....

I'm guessing you didn't even read what you are responding to though because it's the official servers only that will allow them to take it all offline at a future date... NOT matchmaking... Matchmaking is just there to help kill off the population so they have justification to kill it.

Facts about matchmaking...

1. The fewer people play, the worse matchmaking gets (lag, foreign connections, etc)

2. As matchmaking gets worse, it WILL cause people to quit playing altogether.

Way to throw in the jab about "crappy PC's" at the end of your post also, it really shows your maturity.  I'm betting alot of people having problems are on computers alot stronger/better than yours....

You're wrong: WE don't have anything; treyarch has dedicated server; WE don't.

And learn what YOU"RE talking about; lag compensation has been an option on dedicated servers since COD4.

And I would venture a guess that is no longer an OPTION; but rather a hard coed feature of Black ops 2

In fact I don't recall being able to turn it on/off in bo1; though i was at least able to set a max ping, thereby keeping people with pings over 190/200 from even joining MY server.

Go back to your console.

Black Ops 1 had dedicated servers, BO2 doesn't. It's a mash of MM with local servers and by far from "REAL dedicated servers"

dedicated means local play correct? then why do i keep on getting put on US servers? I can see my connections ping that it's all ways over 200ms and you can't play with that kind of ping with a FPS.