20 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 10:06 AM by IHerpIMyIDerp RSS

Is this your last day on the MW3 forum?

obzi

So today's the day when we get Black Ops 2 and many will move over to the new game, but with that a great many of us will also move over to the Black Ops 2 section of this forum too.  Is this your last day on here?

I have to say this forum has been incredibly entertaining over the last year, it's been funny as hell to read all your comments, the spammers on here have been annoying, the quickscoping montages have been boring and the game has been frustrating but all that has led to some classic arguments.  And who could forget the ban appeals by the scumbags who have been banned, they've been an entertainment all of their own.  It's been educational too especially when your as average at this game as I am, there are some extremely clever and knowledgeable guys contributing to this forum.

I will look in from time to time but this is probably it for me, so thanks guys.

• Re: Is this your last day on the MW3 forum?
    neilfife

Yeah it's been fun on these forums. I do enjoy winding up the QSr's and those desperate for clip likes and as for 'BOO HOO I've been banned .... hysterical.

Thing is the forums will probably be filled with more clip jockeys as these kids probaly won't get the game till Xmas and us 'sensible' players will be busy moaning about BOPS2 on the other forums but I shall be back in here from time to time to dispense my cheeky put downs ( ya gotta keep your hand in ).

Seeya on the other side

IHerpIMyIDerp

I'm going to be on here for a little while longer I think. I wasn't a fan of Black Ops.. Just didnt really like the way it felt (especially the dolphin dive), so I've decided to hold of on buying it until I can watch some gameplay/ hear some reviews . I have to say though, they have a great marketing team because I have been really tempted to go put in a last minute pre-order lol.

id be right with you on holding off, but it is less like how the old one is and more like modernwarfare.. looking at what they did with the game, i think they took a serious attempt to make a good clean game, i think they addressed the lag situation, how people get killstreaks, addressed how to counter campers with new add ons in the game.. and over all balance everything..

but we will see when it launches. i just hope they have good spawns, which ends spawn killing...

i never liked the dogs kill streak... so im nervous lol.. but i can say im pretty tired of mw3.. ( people who play it)

sooo much spawn killing, not enough good players to counter it.. it just gets old.. and also acr this and mp7 that...

i hear the type 25 will be the new acr

IHerpIMyIDerp

I popped over to the Blops2 forum and there is already people complaining about lag and spawns. I don't think we can take anything from the lag feedback because there isn't enough people online yet to judge it. The spawns, well I also think its to early to say, if there are small maps its pretty much unavoidable.

But yeah I agree, Mw3 is starting to get boring.. Its become too easy for me, don't know if I've been on the good side of the lag lately or what, but last week was like 2 Moabs a night running support and not going for them.

m27 is = to the commando and acr

I'll be back in the saddle the day they implement a way to keep the game "children" free, and when there's no way to modify an Xbox console. I'll probably never return in that case, but man i wish the above would be possible....

I will be on here for a while.I will wait for BO2 to drop in price.

I still love this game even with it's flaws,but I'm sick of the kids online to.

People are treating BO2 like the second coming......it will have it's faults and It's annoying crass kids.

On another note I am sick of people quick scoping.I bought Sniper Elite V2 the other day a true sniper game.....superb.....my 14 year old Nephew asked " can you no scope.. "

OH F**k OF!

codchamp

Most likely. usually 99% of the community will move on to the new game and the new forum. I dont plan on playing MW3 that much anymore.Well unless Blops 2 sucks like the original anyway.

Peace out ninjas.

Still here......

Just checked the BO2 forum and guess what......that's right moaning complaining people.

IHerpIMyIDerp

Yeah, almost every other thread over there is someone complaining about the spawns or lag... Sounds fimiliar

I have seen some positive reviews too which is nice because as I mentioned I'm starting to get a little bored of MW3. Would be nice to switch it up.. I'm even considering picking up Halo 4, but I hate the Armour Abilities that were brought in with Reach.

Thinking of giving Halo a try...any good?

There's still life in this game though.The moaners on BO2 forums did make me laugh though....what did they expect.

It's more of the same!

IHerpIMyIDerp

Halo is fun! A pretty big change up from COD though, it takes like 5 shots with a 3 burst rifle to kill in Halo.. But I enjoyed Halo Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Halo 3.. Even ODST wasn't bad. They added some stuff into Halo Reach that carried over to Halo 4 (Jetpacks and other "Armour Abilities") that I wasn't a fan of, but a lot of people did like the change. If you can get a demo I suggest giving it a try first . Oh, and one more thing.. The default controls are very similar to COD's tactical layout which is nice when switching between the two.

Many thanks for info.

IHerpIMyIDerp

No problem!

By the way I ended up cracking today.. Went into future shop for some rechargeable battery's and walked out with Black Ops 2, they must have been left over from pre-orders because it came with the nuketown code :) so here is my list of pros and cons after a few hours..

Pros:

- No noticeable lag for me in any games

- Awesome maps, the ones I've played so far are pretty small which I enjoy

- The pick 10 system is sweet, nice to have more freedom

- Sniping has felt really nice, no hit markers yet

- Score streaks seem to get everyone moving

Cons:

- Dolphin dives, ugh I hate them so much (something I'm sure is easy to adjust to)

- Spawns have been a little rough but I think that's a given on the small maps, not horrible just a little annoying

- No HC DOM which sucks, I'm hoping they add it at some point

- Ghost is unlocked at lvl 55 or something so I've been using the pre made classes more than my own

And that's all I can think of right now. If your still on the fence, I suggest picking it up. Much better than I had expected.

DOHHHH.......!

I probably will get it at Christmas once it's been smoothed out a bit.It just gets me the games out a day and people rip it to bits for not being flawless.

I didn't like the dolphin dives either.

But my Wife says if I'm good we will see what Santa brings ( I must grow up )

Hope you enjoy.

IHerpIMyIDerp

Hahaha! Yeah my girlfriend said the same thing.. I bought it when she was at work lol! She didn't notice I was playing a different game . I really wanted to hold off but I failed lol

Oohhh...your going to be popular.

Sorry to bother you again but does it play slower or faster than MW3.

In this game I have never been able to get used to sniper rifles,how do they compare.

Good luck with your Girlfriend...put another game on your Christmas list.

Cheers.

IHerpIMyIDerp

Lmao, I'm thinking if she gets it for me I can just return it without her knowing and pretend the one I'm playing now is the one that she bough! Lol

And no worries, so far Blops2 seems a bit faster. All of the maps are small and you move pretty good with an SMG and Lightweight. The snipers so far have been excellent. I have only used one so far, but it has been consistant 1 shot kills. I usually dont snipe but I have been doing very well with the DSR-50. It seems easier to use a sniper even on the small maps. Only problem is if you stay in the same spot for to long someone will spawn behind you.