19 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 10:12 AM by anthony20031 RSS

Questions and Issues

Why does COD no longer have Co-Op?  They use to have those Special Ops missions that you could complete with a friend and to be honest those were my favorite part.

With that said I am not a huge fan of BOII.  I think the main reason is becuase of the MP.  I loved the other COD games becuase they had Co-Op.  Campaign I am sure will be great but as all campaigns there is limited re-playable factor (there is some with this new campaign but at some point you will not want to keep playing again and again).  So with no Co-Op that just leaves MP.  Maybe it is just me but to me it is just the same thing again and again with these games.  There is nearly no strategy and all it comes down to is who is faster on the stick.  That is all MP is now a days.  People are like chickens with their head cut off shooting at the hip and throwing grenades.  I have found at least in say Battlefield there is more team play involved. 

Is it me or do others feel the same?

Don't get me wrong I will continue to play it but primarily becuase it is the game my friends are playing, but it gets boring quick...especially when there is no strategy and people are just running their own way and it's just helter skelter.

• Re: Questions and Issues

pretty sure every cod by treyarch doesn't have co-op besides zombies.

I'm pretty sure that you must be new because waw had co-op

new..ha no..one of the few that actually played 1-whatever number blops 2 is.

And i know they had co-op, but not like spec ops or whatever that trash was. Treyarch does the co-op zombies.

What is this garbage below my post??

yes call it trash, you may not have liked it but I am pretty sure it was a well liked part of the game when it was released.

For instance this was one review written at the time:

"This mode is by far the most fun I've had playing a video game lately, and during the course of 2 days my friend and I managed to clock up 9 hours of playing time - and we loved every minute of it. Some of the challenges (when played on the hardest difficulty - Veteran) will have you stuck for hours, but you won't want to give up as you know you can do it."

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3321606

And another:

"The co-op missions are a good addition. The ability to play most of them solo helps but the online link-up is very welcome and makes them a lot more fun and manageable. I have not yet done them all yet but I still enjoy going back and doing some that I find easier for the fun of it. Of course the main selling point of the game is the hope that Infinity Ward can repeat their winning formula for the multiplayer. This is where, unfortunately, I have my reservations across several aspects. On the plus side, the perks, weapons and classes are all good– OK some weapons are useless while some are a bit too strong but mostly I like them, while the perks and weapon add-ons allow you to tailor your class to suit your play really well. Sadly this is not the same with the maps, which are mostly weak."

And another:

"SPEC-OPS" campaign, specifically designed for co-operative play, makes a welcoming change from other two. A collection of "mini" games that get increasingly harder based on your experience of the previous mini-game."

Thats fine if you did not like it and say so but calling it trash is complete trolling.  What I am getting at is that it was a highly like aspect of the COD line.  So why was it dumped?

it wasn't dumped, that was my point.

The last post before your's says it all.

IHerpIMyIDerp

It was not "dumped" as I mentioned in a previous post, Treyach is the studio responsable for Zombies, they made Call of Duty 2: Big Red One, Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

Infinity Ward is the studio responsable for Spec Ops, they made Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

OK...I just responded to your post before....what is keeping Treyarch from doing a co-op?  And what is the reason behind Activision using one studio for Modern Warfare now and one studio for Black Ops......maybe I need a little clarification.

i don't know for sure but its probably so one can focus on a game for two years instead of hastily creating a new one every year (sports games) thats why it has been alternating between the two.

You would think one would learn from the other though.  With Spec Ops or at least Survival Mode being popular in one would result in the other introducing it into their own game.  Although I guess they would not want to be seen copying the other.

I bet they have some sort of deal worked out between the two. Both parties probably sit around the table and call dibs on ideas. I like it because it mixes things up, but do agree that they should keep along the same lines. As it gets confusing how one team builds the game, then the next switches things up.

But ultimately, its all about the Benjamin’s

Umm yh COD defiinitely has had Co-Op without a doubt.  MW2 had a Co-Op mode called Special Ops which had about 30 or so missions.  And then each mission had the ability to unlock 1-3 stars depending on the difficulty you chose so there was a ton of replayability and it was great to play with a buddy and have strategy to complete the mission etc.

Then in MW3 they had Survival Mode (non zombies) which was fun.  I haven't played the zombie co-op yet but really was hoping they would also have a survival mode at the very least and was really hoping they brought thos co-op missions back