33 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2013 7:54 AM by Izjar11 RSS

Dashboarding / Rage quiting

Izjar11

Don't you love it now those who would leave mid game / rage quit are now subject to a probation? I have to say treyarch has done its homework! Now those pesky high KD players who love to run when losing will have to think twice! Nice one. 

• Re: Dashboarding / Rage quiting
    Bleak5170

I just hope console freezes don't count as disconnects as I had double-digit lock-ups yesterday. I had to stop playing as I was afraid I'd kill my PS3.

Izjar11

I hope not, if you were experiencing freeze and have not received the probation warning your cool and its not part of it.

thebossofgloss

It is a good idea, BUT needs to be turned off until they sort out the connection problems. I lost count of how many times my PS3 froze last night, at least 8 I reckon. The only way of getting out of frozen screen being actually holding down the power button on the Playstaion and turning the thing off. What's waiting for me after this happened a few times??? A probabtion warning!

That coupled with every game I go into either instantly host migrating, or then connection lost and being booted back to lobby, the awful hit detection/lag, people zooming around me like they are on roller skates, almost smahed the game to pieces last night before it broke my PS3...

rlbl

I think it is a great idea.  If they can maybe they should turn it off until these PS3* issues are sorted out.

But in principal, it is a wonderful idea.  Will it stop the rage quitting? No... but it should slow it down a bit, if not a lot.

* I was surfing the XBOX forums, and I do not see people having the issues that PS3 owners are having. And I am not talking about lag and graphics.

Izjar11

I think it is a great idea.  If they can maybe they should turn it off until these PS3* issues are sorted out.

Your right RL, they should have it turned off. Untill the freeze issues are better sorted.

scottyarms81

Yea...

Its especially great when I have to quit out of a frozen lobby multiple times and the next time I go on it says I'm on probabtion. Turn the probation off till you fix all these problems...**** is stupid.

gambit1969

In principal it is a good idea, but i have to say i have not had a reason to rage quit a game yet, for once my online multiplayer has been almost pain free and pretty smooth so far.  I am not suffering the horrible constant lag i used to with MW3 (the main reason i used to rage quit).

Apart from 1 or 2 freezes yesterday and a delay in being able to get my dlc the game has been running fine, no problems finding matches and getting into them.

acemcl_1969

I lost connection to the the servers (their fault ... not mine!!) and I got a warning about leaving early & was givena 5 minute ban.

Personally, I think it's a great idea, it will prevent those who leave due to being beaten ... stick at it & you will get better, or go hide (camp) in a corner and stop feeding kills to your opposition.

Do anything but don't just leave !!

surridge1990

Although in principal this is a very good idea.

but WHAT IF:

Now this is just an example,

What if i join a hacked lobby? leave and search for another game, the matchmaking system puts me straight back into the same lobby, i leave again. The process goes on for 5 or so attempts at getting in a game,

will i then be put on probation for rage quitting while the the guys who are willingly playing hacked lobbies get away scott free?

Just to confirm:

Im not saying there are hacked lobbies in BO2 just what if there was and i joined one.

Izjar11

Hacked lobbies? alittle to soon for that.

surridge1990

So you fully read my post then :-/

Although in principal this is a very good idea.

but WHAT IF:

Now this is just an example,

What if i join a hacked lobby? leave and search for another game, the matchmaking system puts me straight back into the same lobby, i leave again. The process goes on for 5 or so attempts at getting in a game,

will i then be put on probation for rage quitting while the the guys who are willingly playing hacked lobbies get away scott free?

Just to confirm:

Im not saying there are hacked lobbies in BO2 just what if there was and i joined one.

BanHaMMer

Izjar11 wrote:

Hacked lobbies? alittle to soon for that.

.....ugh and I have not even unpacked my game yet, away until Thursday. Might just stay away a bit longer, "hacked lobbies" a bit ego-tistical

I had to find a way to get "ego" in ha ha

i think its a really god idea to stop rage quitters who only care about their ratios, but IMO its slightly unfair on those who may not have the best internet connection and get cut off.

When i see people rage quit i usually just laugh. but really, they need to do something about people who camp.... now THAT is annoying.

stevonub420

How exactly does the Probation work? Is it after leaving 1 game or is it a 3 strike deal,or if you leave 3 games in the matter of 30 minuites?...

I have no hesitation in leaving a lobby that they just randomly put me, in that is losing by 100 points and where the opposing team has complete air control. If they don't throw us in mid matches then i'm fine and could care less.

mikesnow

rage quiting or dropping a game and being punished for it is fine, but it defeats the bigger issues. If your in a match were you have retardely high ping to the host so you can't even get a kill camping why would you stay in that lobby and be fodder for the other team? So your being punished for thier crappy programing? It's prolly the cause of all these issues your seeing on match making any way. just take it out the game, maybe just have it on the leagues, who cares about core anyway? everyone knows KDR is meaningless W/L Ratio is the true measure, and you get a loss if you leave early so it's just not an issue.

EvilSplinter

W/L is a bit meaningless most of the time, since you're relying on your 5 random teammates to be similar enough to their 6 randoms. Or if you play as a group you're usually 6vRandoms which is just an easy win every time

Score per minute is the interesting one!

mwfan55

Unless we have a PERFECT game with a PERFECT system then this is a very bad idea.

mikesnow

i almost always play solo, and typically get more wins then losses even with scrubs. W/L is the true measure, it's what counts everywere. NFL don't make the champion buy what team scored the most TD's in a year. Same with anything competitive W/L Ratio is what counts. This is why Game Battles people don't farm KVD they work as hard as they can to stratigize a win. The league rankings in this league mosh pit and champion works on W/L as well. score per min is just the amount of points you got divided by game time, not really important since everything you do giives you points. you can just play a game type that gives higher scores like domination then to get higher score per min.

Probation,this applies to every public game??? or just league match games??I was under the impression it was just for the league games cause that's when the message came up,but if it applies to all games then all the better,it bugs me when people leave just because they arn't winning I mean it's like they never heard of a come back,they just was high kills,little deaths and a win -_-

mikesnow

I have never gotten the message myself, but i have never bailed on a league game. I have backed out of several public lobbies, due to unplayable lag compensation issues. I won't play a game all the way thru why I unload a clip into an enemy and hit them with a semtex yet they don't die and the killcam shows me standing there like a jack ass waiting to die. I'll back right out of that game cause I can't compete there is no piont in staying in a match like that. The league matches I have never had these issues with tho whichs makes me think they might be run on a dedicated server so the lag compensation don't have an effect there. But it would make more sense to punish people in those games then regular public lobbies.

squirt magoo

Wont this punish people who cant play due to lag and lag comp and have to quit the game as its pretty much impossible to play in sometimes?

Ungrateful_Dead

Never noticed the probation addition, it is a good idea in theory.

However in my experience yesterday, unless you were in a lobby that kept all it's people, it usually took more than 5 minutes to find a game.  I was disconnected from the server a few times and locked up once, all during games or kill cams, so by the time I was reconnected any probation time should have elapsed.

sennalike

If a match is that bad, whether because you are genuinely being beaten or beaten by the lag compensation, that you have to quit then take a five minute break anyway.  When I realise the lag compensation is doing me no favours it winds me up a treat.  Pointless quitting and finding another lobby straight away as I am in a foul mood and wont play my best anyway.  If/when I ever get one of these warnings or even a five minute ban, I wont care a hoot, I will take it like a man and wait.

Izjar11

Thanks for your response senna..

This goes to everyone else, you do not get on probation from the first dashboard / or rage quit. You need to continously do it, this means you have a tendency to shut of your PS3, or remove the disc of something that you did to stop the game.

Izjar11

COD,

Can someone explain the difference to me (and others) on Dashboarding and Quitting a game?

Different words / same thing?