1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 144 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2012 1:55 AM by xTrauma Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: If you thought this game was going to work perfectly on the launch day, then you're a crazy person
    HotRodGod

Man its a great game, I exspected it to be fine for a little bit before things went haywire due to overload.

We just have to be patient, let them tweak some stuff around. We will be up and running before you know it. I only exspect people with lives to understand what im talking about.

Iv been playing MOHW so the lack of Blops2 doesnt affect me. Ill wait its no big deal.

To take off from work and get butt hurt about doing it for nothing because of a "videogame" skrewed you is weird to me.

Enjoy your day off, go outside, family, friends, bars, girlfriends.......Like i said, i only exspect people with lives to understand what im talking about

• 31. Re: If you thought this game was going to work perfectly on the launch day, then you're a crazy person

you're absolutly right..i mean never mind the anticipation and excitement of us poor consumers, whom fell for the hype and spent the money on the game and dlc, and camped out for the game or took off from work to enjoy the game..its just a gremlin in the system right?

you sure it wasnt poor planning on their part? i mean from mw2 to bo to mw3, no one realized and accounted for what happened in the past releases.." oh just release it, we can fix it later", that kind of mentality sucks..they should've known better..

even with the problems mw3 has, its still not as crappy as bo2 and its lag, sad graphics, joke for sound effects, etc.

i still think infinity ward puts out a better product..

"im just sayin"

• 32. Re: If you thought this game was going to work perfectly on the launch day, then you're a crazy person
    andynewns

You're absolutely crazy not to expect a game to work on launch day.

Why should a brand new product I have just bought not work straight out the box?

I am guessing I'm one of the lucky ones where bar the odd crash, it wasn't to bad until 11 uk time, then the lag was worse than mw3 and that's impressive.

Everyone should complain if its day 1 of a game or day 365, and they are having issues, now what needs to happen is all the fanboys need to look at it objectively and make a sensible conclusion.

• 35. Re: If you thought this game was going to work perfectly on the launch day, then you're a crazy person

hmm i disagree. its mostly down to server loads. the fact is why dont they accomadate more servers to take the stress of then the problem wouldnt exist. coming from the sopposed best selling first person shooter game im sure they have the funds to provide such features to ensure a smooth gaming experiance even if millions are trying to play the game online. but wait on my multiplayer only about 200-300k people are online playing that is no excuse for overloaded servers. seems like the other 11.5 million players are waiting........ As far as codes go they are coded on the playstation store itself and all PSN content are on the same servers but we can download/redeem anything else but not black ops 2 codes even though all content is in the same place. Treyarc simply ****** this launch up bigtime.

• 37. Re: If you thought this game was going to work perfectly on the launch day, then you're a crazy person
    mikesnow

Actually it's not to much to ask to have a finished product on launch day, the fact that companies don't now just goes to show how much they care about thier player base. They keep releasing unfinished games, and we keep buying them, why would they change the status quoe? They still make money and have and extended period of time to finish the game, not to mention the money they save by not having to beta test the gave, since we do that for them. You know 10 to 15 years ago games came out working on launch day so you couldd actually play it  after you bought it.

• 38. Re: If you thought this game was going to work perfectly on the launch day, then you're a crazy person
    HotRodGod

It does work right out of the box. Its a videogame, if internet wasnt around then people wouldnt complain.

Multiplayer online wasnt around really back in the days of PS2. And even with corded controllers and no online FPS games did well.

Now adays gamers feel going online multiplayer is the game itself. And thats not true. Its an addon, a perk, another way of playing the SAME game.

I believe 3arch and all devs exspected this, and no matter what anybody says, ALL gamers did to. Millions apon millions of people getting online at one single moment to do the exact same thing ???

Of coarse things will go bad. Its electronic servers, cables, memory, internet, routers, consoles and lots of button pushing. All TRYING to work in harmony to please BILLIONS of people every second of everyday.

We ll need to get over it. Point being the games does what it was made to do. Online is like i said a perk. Gran Turismo, first COD titles, Socom, Tekken, Halo, basicly almost every game produced works 100% like it should. Singleplayer by himself/herself offline.

We have been spoiled the last 5-6 years with people thinkiing you NEED internet to enjoy the game you bought. Untrue !!!!! Do we love it ? Absolutely !!!! But starting a riot demanding money back, threatening to leave the game/series forever is pathetic. Trade it in, leave and go away, if that makes you feel like you WON.

But the wold keeps on turning, and life continues and at the end of the day there are more important things to tend to. Im not on deployment right now, but i have buddies who are. And id rather take a single second to catch a call from them or skype with them then play a videogame all night and day. Cuz when om deployed, the last thing on my mind is COD, and servers, and lag. Wether you 15 or 30, married or single, kids or no kids. Family, school and your job is whats important. BOTTOM LINE

• 39. Re: If you thought this game was going to work perfectly on the launch day, then you're a crazy person

Your thread heading is 100% accurate, as year on year Activision and the devs studios affiliated with them screw over the paying public with an issuficently tested release every time. Stupidly though most think "they cant **** it up again, can they?" but they can, and they have, clearly.

This is the 7th game released to the current generation of consoles. You'd think in 7 years that they'd have it down to an exact science by now. It's a weak argument to say they cant know how load on the servers are going to affect the system. It's the 7th time they've done it!

The arguments about cash spent on advertising are entirely valid also. If they can spend the big bucks on glitsy ads for a broken product, they could have spent more testing said product to ensure it was not broken. Only reason they wont have done that is it affects the bottom line. Let the users pay to test the product seems to Activision mantra, just look at the shambles of Elite last year. They dont care about customer satisfaction one iota.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next