19 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 5:17 AM by Charlieperalta32@hotmail.com RSS

Awareness total Rip Off!

I was sooo excited when i hit lvl 50 and unlock this perk, for my surprise is not working!

• Re: Awareness total Rip Off!
    factura5

yeah i havent reached 50 but i heard other people complain that awareness doesnt work like it supposed to.

I was looking forward to this perk helping to bring footstep sounds where they should be by default anyway, so it's frustrating to read that it doesn't even do anything.  I'm pretty convinced that footsteps are broken, there's no way the developers intended for them to be completely inaudible.

conman2010

well i can hear footseps fine without awareness just only when you should be able to hear them when they are near you ... just because you cannot hear the whole map does not mean it does not work. this is not mw3 no super SnD sound whoring. Skill is needed in this one.

Are you mad because you cant hear footsteps while you are camping in corners about to time-out?  Like conman said, that perk wont allow you to hear footsteps while enemies are clear across the map, becuase then what would be the point hearing footsteps the entire match.

mdub

conman2010 wrote:

well i can hear footseps fine without awareness just only when you should be able to hear them when they are near you ... just because you cannot hear the whole map does not mean it does not work. this is not mw3 no super SnD sound whoring. Skill is needed in this one.

Exactly this.

IW turned SND into a joke with the worst campers perk in COD history = Sit rep pro.

I will admit that Awareness should absolutely work better against NON DS USERS.

As conman said.... this one actually takes skills to play.

Its not about the perk, cause even if you dont use it, the is no footsteps sound right when somebody rush your back.

Really?  A game where people with good connection have a big dissadvantage, cant hear an enemy running zero perks stomping up behind them, and ghost does not keep you off radar unless sprinting.  Okay so you spawn and there is an enemy radar up since you are not running you are a red dot, the enemy come charging and you cant even hear them, and then you see them but you are about a half a second behind cause of lag and then you are dead.  I have Astro A40 headset and turned all the way up with the music almost muted and still no footsteps, and you are right about awareness it is garbage.   Sitrep pro is the only thing that save MW3 from a total lagging fail.  At least you could hear your emeny running at you. 

Really?  A game where people with good connection have a big dissadvantage, cant hear an enemy running zero perks stomping up behind them, and ghost does not keep you off radar unless sprinting.  Okay so you spawn and there is an enemy radar up since you are not running you are a red dot, the enemy come charging and you cant even hear them, and then you see them but you are about a half a second behind cause of lag and then you are dead.  I have Astro A40 headset and turned all the way up with the music almost muted and still no footsteps, and you are right about awareness it is garbage.   Sitrep pro is the only thing that save MW3 from a total lagging fail.  At least you could hear your emeny running at you. 

Forget about Headsets, this game was not made for them. If it is, they should put in the box "headset needed" or something, i dont like headsets cause i look dumb with them plus i have a Bose 7.1 Home Theather and not even with all the sound up i can hear them, only in a 1 vs 1 situation and me using DS & AW and i barely hear them as normal footsteps like any other COD game.

¬¬

solaripicasso

I'd have to say that when I put awareness on, the footsteps WERE amplified, MINE. The sound of my own footsteps is drowning out most other sounds. Just like the Lag Comp, they are trying to help the Gamers who have poor internet and poor skill. This LCD game design is becoming annoying, why not make the game the best it can be, if n00bs want to get better let them invest in the right equipment, Surround Sound, highspeed internet and large screen tv.

MW3 was like a 1970's TransAm, Fast aggressive and rattling apart at the seams, BLOPS2 is like a Porsche: A fast solid game that THUNKS when you slam the door!

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

David Vonderhaar said on Reddit yesterday that he thought the footsteps were too loud on BO1 so it was toned down on BO2.

[–]Arsid 138 points 14 hours ago

For David.

Hey David, thanks for doing this AMA! I have a few questions

1.) Do you have any plans on putting Nuketown 2025 in the core match rotations instead of just being in it's own playlist?

2.) Are there any guns that people are already complaining about how "overpowered" they are?

3.) A lot of people (on this /r/blackops2 at least) are having problems where we seem to be shooting guys with plenty of time to kill them, but then they whip around and kill us in a fraction of a second. Woody's Gamertag even released a video talking about how he was having some bad luck with lag compensation. Is there any plans to patch this or is it something we just have to deal with? I don't think it's hard to deal with, you just mess with search preferences and put it to "best" instead of "normal". But it'd be nice if there was a patch.

4.) Why were footstep sounds decreased significantly? Was it so that people had to use the awareness perk to get that advantage or to cut back on people "sound whoring"?

5.) You're the best CoD dev ever, I love how much you support the game and listen to the community. Most of all, I love how much DIFFERENT Black Ops 2 feels than other CoDs. I realize this isn't a question, just wanted to say it.

[–]davidvonderhaarDavid Vonderhaar (EA) 91 points 13 hours ago
      1. Not right now. I would never say never.
      2. Too early to tell. I see people fighting over the "best" - that's fine with me.
      3. We are monitoring. Nothing yet. I've been mostly 3 and 4 bar with no issues.
      4. They are certainly cut back from Black Ops as a percentage of the mix. It's always seemed to me that they were overly loud. Personal opinion only.
      5. Thank you. That's very generous.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/137duw/i_am_m_shadows_lead_singer_of_aveng ed_sevenfold/c71g3vx

Noctis Everto

Uhhhm. NO. The idea of getting better at gaming by obtaining a bigger t.v., headset, or whatever is just sad.

Just get better for free. It is UNGODLY easy to do good in CoD. You just need to play right, and stay in that mindset. If u die, then it gets messed up.

Steve2589

It does work slightly. In a quiet moment of the game you can hear enemies louder but as soon as gunfire and grenade sounds are going off you can't hear anything

gallp13

Nonsense! Works fine.

Charlieperalta32@hotmail.com

Awareness Perk does not work at all. I used sit rep pro on MW3, and I play Kill Confirm. I was always rushing pickin up tags. I own a few pairs of Astro gaming headset (A50's and the new A40's) and i can hardly even hear one darn footstep from the enemy. I even made a private lobby with friends to test out the perk and the result was more like you have to me really  be about 3 ft from the enemy to even hear any footstep. I understand that sit rep pro was over powered but i dont understand how in this game you have a perk thats useless if no one cant hear a darn footstep. I would recommend putting the black ops 1 footstep sound. That one was fine or a little louder would do ok as well . Not sit rep loud but good enough you can hear the footsteps.