32 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 2:38 PM by ClonedLF RSS

First impressions...

Well guys, I picked up a copy of BLOPS II for the XBOX today (saw beast online too.  We didn't get to play any matches together, but he told me "dude...I soooo suck".  I know that feeling too lol).  Alot of the maps will remind you of blops i in terms of look and feel.  There are industrial type of maps that remind me of launch.   But there are some really fun maps too.  The one on the ship is alot of fun.  The express map which is set at a high speed rail station in LA has a surprise for all you guys when you are playing MP... I will let you find out for yourself, bit I LMAO when I found it. 

Hit detection seems a little "off", and I can't put my finger on it.  They may need to fine tune some things there.   Probably just lag comp.

Some things aren't working correctly (theatre mode, etc...).  It doesn't want to render the video.  I'm not sure we are getting this feature on the wii u or not because it uses your elite account to upload video's to utube.  No biggie in my opinion.  The game does freeze my xbox every so often when navigating the menu's.  Just some bugs they need to fix I guess.

The create a class system is really nice.  I've given up my secondary and flash grenades to get more perks like flak jacket and lightweight in perk 1.   I've been run-n-gun (I'm only level 10 right now).  The mp 7 is cool, but I haven't found an assault rifle I like yet.  Snipers seem whoafully underpowered.  Its been taken me two hits to get a kill with a bolt action.  

Too early to tell but at least on the xbox, it is FAST PACED (been just playing TDM for now).  There are alot of pathways in the maps and I regularly get lost and have NO idea where I am.  Good news is when I get the wii u, I will know the maps by then. 

If there is anything you would like me to check out on the xbox version that you want to know about for the wii u, ask away.  Happy to help.   

Can't wait for next week to play with a wiimote/nunchuck again. 

• Re: First impressions...

Man, I apologize for the grammar and spelling above...can't edit it and I'm fat fingering everything right now...

codcanuck

I bet the surprise had something to do with the train track

The crashes and freezes are to be expected. The servers are probably overloaded right now. That's one perk of having the Nintendo CoD community smaller than the others

infinitlag

Anything that you didn't expect?

Another thing, anything OP?

Not really infinitlag.  The navigation menu's are somewhat confusing for looking at your stats etc...but I'm sure that's because it's just new to me.  

One of the most notable things on the maps is the multiple paths (tunnels, etc...).   If you loved launch, you will love alot of the maps in this game.  Although, there are alot of maps that are centered around homes or a resort.   But they are pretty small.  I also think since I don't know where the spawns are yet, it's hard to find where the fighting will end up or is going on.  

I haven't had any good scorestreaks yet...but it really gives you points for everything.  Like when I had a uav up, I got 10 points everytime a team mate gets a kill.   A teammate got that microwave emitter thing...I didn't see it really slow down guys....  The quad roter drone is easy to take take down.

Since I don't know the maps yet, I kept getting shot in the back.   Panic knifing is still there (I thought they were getting rid of that).   Grenades seem more powerful than MW3. 

I haven't seen anything OP yet.   Like I said, the snipers seem under powered but I've not got the good sniper guns unlocked yet.  Alot of people are complaining about the sniper weapons being OP over on the xbox forums.  I haven't seen it yet.  

I haven't found an assault rifle I like at all.  I'm going to try some shotguns today.  I've tried the MTR, T25, and one other (can't remember the name).   Just seemed to have NO range to them.  Almost like using an SMG.   The MP7 will be the SMG of choice (I can tell already.  there will be alot of complaining).  I tried the burst fire weapon (can't remember the name) and it did really well at range....did really good on that map

If you watched the IGN video last week i'm sure you would have heard david vonderheer? say that the game will be supported like no other COD and tweaks will be made to gun balance through out! It looks like the team will be working overtime on patching certain things to make the community happy! hell they may even pull the chimps from the back office who are working on wii u, pc and ps3!!! to help out.

I presume the maps are smaller then the likes of blops as you used to have issues where you could run round the whole map and not see a single person!! it brings the game play to you and is faster paced!

I guess the weapons will improve with adding attachments as you open them up and any possible patching! I have been dissapointed with the lack of youtube videos but their is a good 10 minute one from Ali-A some tenage guy who has a large following and to be fair does a good job!

there was loads of action and he ended up going 62-4 on domination!! I like the look of the maps from what I have seen and most do not have the clutter of maps such as downturn mw3 and crisis!!

keep us updated frank!

infinitlag

SysEng123 wrote:

Since I don't know the maps yet, I kept getting shot in the back.   Panic knifing is still there (I thought they were getting rid of that).   Grenades seem more powerful than MW3. 

Worst paragraph. Those are all the things which if never wanted in the game. WHHHHHY?!?

I was just gona post 1 of these, lol

Ive only managed to play 7 games as I downloading all day, and my hand started to hurt due to not being used to the xbox controller

First off, I kinda sucked in all the games bar 1 game I tried kill confirmed ground war and kinda did ok. My kdr over the 7 games was an embarrassing 0.41, but thats just down to me being new to the analogs in the main, its hard to lock on and im finding hip firing is the way to go - the number of times I aimed down sight and the gun blocked the guy im aiming it was frustating, as was the fact that reload button and change class button are VERY close, so id often go to reload and get the create a class menu All schoolboy erros im sure ill overcome given time!

Regarding the game, given my limited time, I dont want to hate too much so here goes. Its all very complicated compared to previous cods, but im sure we`ll all get the hang of the new structure soon enough. Its harder for us wii guys to adapt as we arent used to emblem editors/theatre mode etc, and i`ll take my time to get into that side of things.

From the guns ive seen and used, you basically NEED to use SMGs, unless your either camping with a red dot,or are very good and very quick with your fingers. The maps ive played so far, are all MW3 style, compact,smallish, tight corners, and people constantly spawning behind you, lots of close 1v1 battles BUT theres always someone just behind you so you need to keep moving. All my deaths that werent my fault were either some one waiting round corners with red dots ads`ing, where you didnt stand a chance, OR some one running behind you and spaying you with SMGs. When I say werent my fault, I mean coz I died a stupid amount of times where I got a guy in my sights,should have taken the kill, and I died coz of my analog imcompetence. Getting killstreaks is VERY hard, especially the higher end ones. Theres a huge amount of UAVs floating around, almost constant infact.

There`s currently 150`000 playing online btw

Cool synopisis beast...it is fast paced...and I know you're pain with the analogs....believe me... My kdr on the xbox when I first started was like .30.   In MW3 I finally got it up to 1.11 with around 40K kills.  On the xbox, that kind of KDR is respectable. 

You bring up a good point about the spawns.  I forgot to mention that.  Thanks for bringing that up for all of us.  They are kind of crazy spawns.   And on small maps, it's

My advice is play ALOT of combat training (local).  Start to get used to the controls...  You will have to be patient.  It's tough, but you will get there.

ClonedLF

You're right, this is my biggest worry about the game. When I get it, I'll be forced to play with the gamepad, and me being a Wiimote enthusiast won't help at all. I'll probably get an awful KDR too, but hey, it's something.

see my post on wii u manual! you dont need to use the game pad as wii mote is supported!

ClonedLF

Oh, yeah yeah, I know. I mean that I'll be forced, because of certain circumstances, to use the gamepad because I won't have Wiimotes around when I first get the WiiU. I'll be getting the console on the States when I go on vacation there, but the remotes will stay over at my house with the Wii. Also, where I'm staying there's only 1 TV, so there could be constant fights for it, but we know how the gamepad takes care of that.

ichilenozo

ClonedLF wrote:

Oh, yeah yeah, I know. I mean that I'll be forced, because of certain circumstances, to use the gamepad because I won't have Wiimotes around when I first get the WiiU. I'll be getting the console on the States when I go on vacation there, but the remotes will stay over at my house with the Wii. Also, where I'm staying there's only 1 TV, so there could be constant fights for it, but we know how the gamepad takes care of that.

well u can use the first few weeks to get to know the maps, the guns and the customization. Once you get your Wii-mote you just need to create a new account and voila you'll get a decent KDR. Only bad thing though, is like guys like me that have Wiimotes will get BO2 WiiU on day one and get ahead of everyone quickly on the leaderboard so we'll make sure nobody reaches us later (well, until hackers strike back).....hehehe, life ain't fair, the ones who start first, no matter how unfair it is, always win

ClonedLF

I could, but I've never been a fan of multiple accounts. I don't know why, but I just find it impractical. I'd rather have all of my game's info, stats or content in a single, nifty account. But who knows, I might end up playing nothing else than combat training.

Yes, but be careful..apparently the game on the xbox side is randomly resetting people back to level 1.  lol  Will this issue be sorted out for us by Sunday?  Don't know.

Just remember folks, that they are having lots of issues on the xbox (their golden child console), even more on the PC/PS3 side of the house.  We may have alot of day 1, week 1, month 1 issues since it's a new console, a new online network, a new cpu/gpu, system bus, etc....  Just realize this.   It will NOT be a perfect game on day 1.  If you expect that, you're going to be severly dissappointed!  If we get a perfect launch, then you will be happily surprised!

ClonedLF

Good thing I'm playing it around 1 month later after launch.

it will be broken! even this web site remains broken!!!!!!! as I stated in a past post COD is the biggest selling and money making entertainment product, it beats box office films and everything else!

So how DO they get away with providing a broken product on launch when they have been promoting it for months!

Yes I understand that MP is a bonus as you are buying the single player and at any point they could just say! were turning the MP servers off!

Not that they would get away with it because everyone knows 90% of the people buy it for MP!

I do understand the single player looks great so maybe people should spend some time on this until the fix the mp!

SysEng123 wrote:

Cood synopisis beast...

Thats way too big of a word for him to understand SysEng

Update:

Well, today I can't miss with a sniper rifle...Weird...Getting lots of one hit kills.

Also, it seems to be head glitcher day.  If you don't know what that is, it's guys who camps behind things where only their head and weapon is visible.  Played overflow today, lots of camping and head glitching.  Had to really slow down my gameplay.  I think people are starting to choke maps and figure that part out. 

Carrier too...lots of head glitching behind crates and barrels...  lol

EDIT: Can't wait to see lin yao's/ungrateful's response to this.  You guys are gonna hate it....lol  Good news, is ghost is not going to work for these guys.  I started spamming grenades at them.  Some had flak jacket on, so it didn't work. 

Linyao

I have been watching xbox streams i don't like the sound of it but i will figure out something when there is a will there is a way hopefully patching can fix some of the issues.

Here's the other thing I've notice lin.  The team with the most uav's wins.  Holy spamming of UAV's!!!!  I've switched all of my classes to use a secondary smaw to shoot them down.  Unfortunately, my teammates don't. 

Let's put it this way, you are always on radar.  ALWAYS.  When people get ghost (level 55), it will be better...BUT ONLY IF YOU'RE MOVING.  If you camp you still show up. 

So far, it's imperative to have everyone carry a launcher to shoot them down.  People are spamming UAV's (low scorestreak reward) and you are at a severe disadvantage if you're team doesn't have one up. 

Because the campers will just wait for you and then shoot you in the back.  If you have one up, at least you have a chance.  If you don't have a UAV, you're dead meat from the people camping (see head glitching).

SysEng123 wrote:

EDIT: Can't wait to see ungrateful's response to this.  You guys are gonna hate it.....

First off, I think he's banned already, i'll explain it to you at the forum. But second, I can't wait to play him 1 vs 1. I just can't wait

nintendon't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I55GXFjiwAM

I'll just leave this Wii U Gameplay here.

7echidna7

I've been playing black ops on wii a lot lately, and there been an influx of campers there. I'm really hoping this isn't the case for WiiU.

One thing I really liked about the wii community was that everyone except a select few moved around the map. So I'm really hoping the campers don't flood the WiiU as well.

I think BO2 is better than MW3 in every way... except the spawn system. I spawn behind enemies a lot and I got sandwiched between enemies a few times on the boat map. Zombies seems to have become a bit more difficult than before. Or maybe I just need to learn the map a bit more. That bus always drives off without me