4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2012 12:44 PM by viper359 RSS

AMAZON HAVE CONTRACT WITH ROYAL MAIL NO CHANCE OF DELIVERY TODAY NOW

keg747

Hi sorry ppl but unless you paid top doller for prime or whatever, although amazon have shipped all games Royal Mail might take up to 3 days to deliver. Normal delivery is treated as if we've time to do it we will if not then there not botherd it can wait till tomoz or longer.

• Re: AMAZON HAVE CONTRACT WITH ROYAL MAIL NO CHANCE OF DELIVERY TODAY NOW
    chalmerzxd

I use prime, not got it yet.

RM wont pay overtime to mail centres on Sunday nights anymore, so the staff dont start till Monday evening, meaning half of whats due doesnt get in the system until its too late for the Tuesday. Its a flawed system that is based simply on saving money. 1st class is treated as a priority BUT you can imagine RM collecting 100`000 items extra from Amazon on Monday evening, there`s no way on gods earth it can all be delivered on time. All the 100`000 items will go to the same mail centre, who probably dont get through 100`000 items altogether in 1 evening.  They start work at say 10pm Monday night, and work till 6am, but the delivery offices need tuesdays mail for 6-7am Tuesday morning meaning that any mail sorted at the mail centre after say 12:30am WONT get the Tuesday mail delivery as the mail goes through about 4-8 different centres before reaching its destination. This results in light tuesdays for postal staff, BUT huge heavy wednesdays coz they then have the backlog of stuff that was sorted between 1230-6am Monday, plus ALL whats sorted on a full days Tuesday, as they have afternoon staff in too sorting tuesday onwards.

2 things should have happened - either RM should have paid people overtime knowing the bulk delivery was due, to clear it quicker, OR amazon should have shipped on Saturday and not Monday. neither of which was very likely.

Whats getting me, is why amazon shipped the wiiU copies last weds/thurs, when release date is 30th November!!

To the guys waiting and worrying over amazon stuff that hasnt arrived today, id gaurantee that 99% of you will get your item tomorrow

Royal Mail are incompitant. It's no wonder nobody has any confidence in them anymore. Agency workers, missing parcels, stolen Birthday money?

Thank fcuk for email.

So many people on here let down after pre ordering. You'd think after so many years of release day sales booming and growing that the RM would have stepped up.

When I was a kid, the Postman was thought of as a pillar of the community. These days they are seen as a joke at best.

viper359

I am sorry, how is this Royal Mail's fault? Shouldn't you be blaming AMAZON? If you want guarenteed release day, pay for it. It is not the Royal Mail, or even Canada Post in my case, job to increase staff and pay overtime, to ensure you get your Call of Duty game on release day. Futureshop here in Canada had the games in Canada Posts hands Thursday or Friday night for shipment all over Canada. I received my copy today just after 10am. I received my tracking notice Sunday night, showing it was in the sort centre. Monday was a labour holiday, so nothing moved. Tuesday early morning it was shuffled around to various dispatch locations, and on my truck for delivery around 7am this morning.