18 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2012 11:41 AM by jeepchick RSS

ELIMINATE PROBATION

Alright, I understand you want to have an incentive against dropping out, BUT WHEN YOUR BROKEN GAME FREEZES and I am forced to reset MULTIPLE TIMES, under no circumstances should I be punished for that. Get rid of it immediately, not impressed. I care way more about me being able to play than somebody quitting.

• Re: ELIMINATE PROBATION
    BinLadensGhost

I'm on my second probation as I write this...someone quit during the kill cam and I get a probation as a result.   This is ridiculous!  Fix your $hit!  I wasted a vacation day for this. 

Very disappointed.

Same thing happened to me , several games in a row host migration freeze then it kicked me halfway through to the public screen an hey presto, I'm on probation.

I agree, remove it at least till you sort your servers out. Then put it back in when you've fixed all the server bugs

Frustrated.

pie_man075

The server has been trouble since early this morning. I hope they fix it quick!

wrecku

This server issue is crap. Lockups and freezes, I mean really aren't we a little past that.

Server issues are one thing; everything has crashed at one point or another. But in this situation it's apparently way too easy for probation to become a huge detriment rather than an asset. For instance, I have not "Left Game" ONE TIME, and yet I find myself on probation #3. Just get rid of it. Making some quitting punk wait five minutes is not worth the trouble it can cause legitimate users.

ameeer

I have the same problem but the answer is simple , I turned off the ps and I will head to sleep hopefully tomorrow will be fixed and I will not hurt my head much

I said this would happen in a different thread. Server kicks YOU out but then puts YOU on probation. You couldn't make it up lol. I've read that some people think it's a good idea, should stop rage quitters, but wait until it happens to them and they'll be whinging.

s7even_uk

Just serving first probation, the daft thing is I havent quit once! had 3 games in which some or all of opersition party left, went to host migration then bumped out.  Got a warning, played again and same happened and now have a 5 minute ban ... this is BS on a grand scale.  My editor also wont work and its starting to piss me off because I have the game on both consoles and the 360 does not have any of these issues .....

2nd Class fuuckking citizens on PS3

SULLY130EighT

I thought it was my internet connection. I was resetting my modem testing connection settings to find out I have a 100% signal. I'm pissed I've only been able to play 3 matches succesfully.

Well all cods have their issues off the start and it's unfair to people who legitimately have not quit. I was un aware that BO2 had this feature that I've been begging for. 

This is great news I was going to wait a while before I bought BO2 but now I may just wait a week or so to let them sort the connection issues out.

Thanks for listening to the community 3arc not only have you punished rage quitters but also no one can complain about camping.

kastro187420

aixelsyd wrote:

Well all cods have their issues off the start and it's unfair to people who legitimately have not quit. I was un aware that BO2 had this feature that I've been begging for. 

This is great news I was going to wait a while before I bought BO2 but now I may just wait a week or so to let them sort the connection issues out.

Thanks for listening to the community 3arc not only have you punished rage quitters but also no one can complain about camping.

The problem with this theory is that it assumes it everyone who quits is "rage quitting". I quit matches rather frequently. Not because I care about my stats, but because I hate playing with stupid people, or I get thrown into a match in progress where I have no chance at winning.. or I'm put into a match where my team is being dominated by Air Support..

And that doesn't even touch on laggy matches, getting terrible teams, spawn trapped where you can't break out, glitchers, eventual hackers, or, as the BO2 launch is showing, problems with the game itself.

There are far too many legitimate reasons to leave a match. And if Treyarch believes this is going to stop people from quitting, they've got another thing coming. It doesn't solve the problem in Halo, and it's not going to solve the problem in Call of Duty. I give it a month, maybe 2 if they're stubborn, before they remove this "Feature" due to the sheer number of complaints.

I wouldn't say this is an "issue" in the same way an overloaded server is an issue. This is a feature that is backfiring with alarming regularity.

jeepchick

Please reference the PS3: Tracking hard lock information thread and follow the outlined instructions given.

ClaireJeepChick | Treyarch Forum Moderator