1 2 3 Previous Next 54 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2013 9:09 AM by rlbl RSS

Did the HE pre-subscribers just get hoodwinked?

rlbl

Disclaimer: I am not one to bash, so I would seriously like some help understanding.

A forum colleague has raised the attention of some changes (or simply new details) to the season pass (http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/seasonpass)

Please find their thread here: http://community.callofduty.com/message/413514967#413514967

My question is: Are we missing something?  Maybe you bought the HE for the camo, the soundtrack etc...  But what if you just really wanted to play zombies.

I battled with myself whether or not to buy the HE because I knew I wanted NT zombies, so I talked myself into buying it. I had a fear that they would put NTZ in the DLC but hoped they (3arc/AV) would have the good sense to make it discounted for the HE/CP owners (they still have the opportunity to do so)

- For those who only pre-ordered the standard version  ($60 CAN), you get:

NT 2025

The game

And now you get all DLC (including NTZ) for another $50

Total: $110

- For those who pre-ordered the HE ($80 Can) we get

NT2025

the Game

and NTZ

and we can get all the DLC (including NTZ again) for $50

Total: $130

Seems to me I wasted $20. Am I wrong?????  Anyone!??

(no trolls please: No body wants to hear: "lol, I told you so haha!!!")

EDIT: Glossary for noobs

NT - NukeTown

NTZ - Nuketown Zombies

CP - Care Package Edition

HE - Hardened Edition

DLC - Downloadable Content

CAN - Greatest Country in the world (well not really) - Canada

Message was edited by: rlbl

• 1. Re: Did the HE pre-subscribers just get hoodwinkled?
    wridtrvlr

Lol, I told you so!!!  j/k

You know I feel the same as you RL.  we completely got hood winked on this deal.

I am a die hard Zombies lover, so of course I pre-ordered the HE edition so I could play NT Zombies right from the get go.  I knew they'd release it sometime to the public, but I thought they would release it closer to the end of the game or release it separately so that the people who did pre-order the HE and CP editions wouldn't be paying twice for the map...

We were so wrong.  I wonder if they will right this in someway?  Or will it just be another nail in the coffin??? 

• 2. Re: Did the HE pre-subscribers just get hoodwinkled?
    Aecetym

Was expecting this from activision, so I didn't preorder the game at all. Now just take the season pass and u get the DLC's to (only caring about zombies) so this kinda screws the HE ppl over.

But I'm pretty sure u payed €60-65 to preorder this game normal version and now I bought a brand new version, no preorder, just going to the store for just €53.

Is this the same for the rest of europe cause that's cheap for a brand new not even a day old game? As MW3 did cost €65 for an epic long time after the release knowing how much the game sucked.

• 3. Re: Did the HE pre-subscribers just get hoodwinkled?

Can't believe they've got the balls to do this to people.

I'm not into zombies and only pre-ordered normal edition with Nuketown and bonus xp weekend.

Feel for everyone who has been taken for a ride again by Activision. They just want everyone's money and don't care about the games now.

• 4. Re: Did the HE pre-subscribers just get hoodwinkled?
    phxs72

I'm not complaining because I was too cheap to order the HE and I'm getting everything that was of interest to me anyway for $20 less than I would have paid.  But had I ordered the HE then I would feel pretty cheated to know that my $20 went to a few trinkets (which I realize cost money but don't have $20 worth of appeal to me) and only got me a map a month or two before the rest of the free world.  Long term you may come to appreciate that they released it with the first DLC drop just because it's bound to improve the playability of it.  But they should give the HE users a discount on the Season Pass and/or next time around load the HE with some significant ingame bonuses to make it a greater value to the players that love the game but really aren't excited about a metal case and a sound track.  Maybe a special token to get you past your first prestige or just a handful of tokens to unlock a variety of guns, perks, etc.  I'm sure that there is a subset of the community that truely bought the HE for the soundtrack, case, booklet (I think there's one), etc and they will likely still be happy about it.  But for me none of that stuff mattered.  So I opted to roll the dice and wait for them to release the Zombie map in the DLC.

• 5. Re: Did the HE pre-subscribers just get hoodwinkled?
    rlbl

This I agree with... a discounted price for the season pass would smooth things over with people who feel treated as a lesser class citizen.

Maybe not $20 cheaper, but some for of a discount would even things out.

I just hope they (3ARC/AV) try to say that we got $20 of stuff in the collectors coins...  The point is the information was not made clear before the packages were put on sale  (in fact it was only days ago that Vahn said that there was no plans to release NT 2025 post launch... he did not mention zombies I agree but are we to read between the lines for everything that is said to us!?)

Very disappointed, but no sure with whom : 3ARC, Activision, or myself...

• 6. Re: Did the HE pre-subscribers just get hoodwinkled?
    crosby85

I totally agree with you phxs72, I bought the HE last year based soley on the fact that it included all the downloadable content for MW3 and also gave you a premium membership to Elite which has now been scrapped. I will however defend Activision/Trearch based on one thing, which is peoples stupidity for pre-ordering without first doing some research into what was actually included in the HE/CP editions. If people don't do a little research then you can't complain that as Activision and Trearch are both business's that rely on profit to expand and develop the company then what would be the point of running a company that would not be able to satisfy the consumer? All they have done is offer 2 limited editions of the game and charge more for the exclusivity of owning a version that only a minority of people have. It was not hard to find out that this years HE wasn't worth the extra money and therefore I chose to go for the basic pre-order which if you ask me was the obvious choice, game + double XP weekend + NT = £39.00 or if you were to chose not to pre-order the game it was £39.00 on release without NT or double XP. This means that even if they release NT to the general public for free I am not out of pocket and I got double XP which the general public won't. Hindsight's a *****! lmao!

• 7. Re: Did the HE pre-subscribers just get hoodwinkled?
    Izjar11

Nail Rid and RL....its been hammered down shut.

• 8. Re: Did the HE pre-subscribers just get hoodwinkled?
    rlbl

The research was done, and there were even threads questioning if this was going to happen.

The problem is: the complete season pass information came out after the sale of the collector's editions.

I 100% agree with what you are saying in principal... not sure it applies though (maybe it does...)

Can someone prove the info was out??

(one thing you can conclude from your point though.... Do not pre-order anything exclusive. It seems we get disappointed every time)

Message was edited by: rlbl

Just so everyone knows:

OLD Season Pass Info: (UK version)

THE ULTIMATE WAY TO GET MORE OF CALL OF DUTY®: BLACK OPS 2.

4 EPIC DLC MAP PACKS - 1 GREAT PRICE AT $10 OFF*

Get 4 Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 downloadable content Map Packs, delivering a variety of new content, including Multiplayer and Zombies playable content.

Save $10, at discounted suggested retail price of £34.99*

Content expected to be available in 2013 - following the game's launch on 11/13/12

Check for availability at your local Game Stop or Best Buy.

*Based on Season Pass suggested retail price of £34.99 and four DLC Map Packs at a suggested retail price of $14.99 each.

**Season Pass and DLC Map Packs may not be available on all platforms or in all territories. Pricing and release dates may vary by platform. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 game required; sold separately.

New Season pass info: (UK version updated within last 24 hours as far as anyone can tell)

Season Pass

The ultimate way to get more of Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2.

4 Epic DLC Map Packs - 1 Great Price at £8 Off*

Buy the Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 DLC Season Pass and get all four epic DLC Map Packs** for the discounted price of £34.99*, plus an exclusive in-game calling card and access to the Nuketown Zombies bonus map. 

Nuketown Zombies will be available for Season Pass holders first on Xbox 360 in December with other platforms to follow.

Save £5, at discounted suggested retail price of £34.99*

Content expected to be available in 2013 - following the game’s launch on 11/13/12.

Check for availability at your local GameStop.

*Based on Season Pass suggested retail price of £34.99 and four DLC Map Packs at a suggested retail price of £9.99 each.

**Season Pass and DLC Map Packs may not be available on all platforms or in all territories.  Pricing and release dates may vary by platform. Call of Duty: Black Ops II game required; sold separately.

Source (FOR BOTH): http://www.callofduty.com/uk/en/blackops2/seasonpass

So what reasearch could have been done?

• 9. Re: Did the HE pre-subscribers just get hoodwinkled?
    Swaggin412

I also purchased the hardened edition and season pass(BO2 turtle beach kilo too). It does seem like we got shafted for an extra $20. At least give HE buyers extra double XP to compensate.

1 2 3 Previous Next