33 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2012 11:44 AM by cwatz RSS

This game is very poor

cwatz

First of all, they changed the sensitivity of the X and Y axis on the right thumbstick.  It feels horrible.

Secondly the netcode feels just like mw3.  Instakilled before you even see people.

Third the maps are insanely small.  Combat is a sprayfest, people constantly spawn behind you, spawns flip, and you get spawnkilled.  They are horrible.

Fourth there is no skilled gunplay.  Almost all the guns are lazer beams, and have extremely high fire rates. Connection and rng dictate more gun battles than accuracy.

This game is literally a direct sequel to MW3 and sits right at the bottom of the cod series along with it.

BO and WaW were my favorite cods, so I had high hopes for this one, but it is a letdown in almost every fathomable area.

• Re: This game is very poor
    thetizzleguy

Simple answere to this post... GO PLAY BO1... the game has not even been out a day yet. they WILL have things to fix... your gonna face a bigger lag fest this weekeend with the COD community being around 6 million expected to be online.

Its the first day it only has a few problems your whining bout nothing

Kukkolfkambo

Apart from the fact that some of the maps are too small for my liking and spawns seeming to flip a bit easily, I can't say I agree.

The sensitivity: I adjust it in the options and adapt. I don't see this as a problem at all.

Netcode: I had a better connection when I got home from midnight launch than I ever had in MW3. Not sure what the differences are, but atleast people die when I shoot them. I can't complain before I've tried it more, anyways.

No skilled gunplay: Depends on what you mean by skill. The guy who gets his enemy in his sights and pulls the trigger first generally gets the kill in my experience. As it should be, in my opinion.

If you have a playstyle that allows you to get your sights on an enemy first, you're doing it right. If not, you might want to change it up a bit.

My 2 cents.

Sandy_Eggo

yea don't worry it's 3arc they actually fix their games unlike other game makers *cough" Infinity Ward *cough* and i haven't even played it just waiting to get off work and i'm going to stop by gamestop to get my copy i can't wait!!

completely disagree, i didnt see any spawn issues last night, the maps are bigger than mw3 for the most part... my shots seemed to have counted as well.. dont really know what your talking about

I think it's different, (in a good way) and people are going to have to learn to adapt to the change.

kemicalsupreme

One hour of game play has you crying already!

Have to agree with the topic. So many poor areas of the game fom a multi-million cash company. For me first biggest let down was the state of the graphics! anybody who has played a little game called HALO 4 will be utterly shocked at the these graphics from BO2, no real improvement on BO1.

And yeah the whole multiplayer part of the game is less to be desired, played it for around 2 hours and it dosent hold a lasting value like BO1 and MW3 (eventually did). All the guns sound the same and it just seems to be a case of stand still and wait for enemies to spawn around you on FFA. Not impressed at all by the lack of detail and thought that has gone into the game, reminds me of playing a FPS about 2 years ago expected a lot more HUGE let down 3Arc

Whats this lad talkin about just put the game in runs like a dream.NEW IW go hang your head in shame or better yet go flush your self down BOG first & last post

Whats this lad talkin about just put the game in runs like a dream.NEW IW go hang your head in shame or better yet go flush your self down BOG first & last post

Yep .. disappointed fan right here as well. Goodbye treyarch.. hello Bungie (i mean microsoft studios halo4)!

cwatz wrote:

First of all, they changed the sensitivity of the X and Y axis on the right thumbstick.  It feels horrible.

What the I believe you're referrig to is the "dead zone" which has indeed been increased from past titles, also the sensitivity range has been widened. Both work well for me. Just adjust its really no problem. And also note OP that IW and Treyarc have always differed in this area since COD4 I believe, everyone else in the past has simply switched sensitivity as should you.

QwertyBoredom

This has easy been the best connection I have had in a very long time even better is they give you the choice between quickly joining a match with risk of lag, taking a little longer to join a match with best connection or somwhere inbetween I have yet to be insta killed, hit detection is great iv been using a sniper all day and yet to get a hit marker (using DSR 50),the level gun skill is what you expect from a CoD game, I seriously don't see what the OPs problem is.

codchamp

I have been a MW series supporter and did not like Blops 1.

Have to say so far from what i have played. I have not seen any of your issues and this game plays suprisingly well from what i was expecting

i can say one word bop2 is  amazing but i dont like the smgs its all a spreyfest and the smgs dont seem to have a wild spred like most smgs have

tnscproductions

After a few hours of game play I must say I agree with the OP so far. This game feels like modern warfare, it has lost the feel of black ops 1 completely, which is why I am disapointed and I guess the same goes for the OP.

So far its feeling like a bit of a cluster ****. The maps are pretty small, everyone uses SMG's and the spawns swap over constantly.

Still, its early days and I do prefere this to mw3 so Im hoping with a little time I will start to enjoy it.

Seriously, complaints need to be held off for AT LEAST a month. There are always going to be problems at launch; face it, 12 months is not enough time to make a good FPS. If Activision took a few notes from Microsoft/343, and quit greedily trying to bury the (CoD) franchise by releasing a game every 2 years instead of every year, CoD likely wouldn't have HALF the launch problems it tends to have.

I'm  a little shocked at the immense negative feedback elsewhere right now. I think "poor" is a good work to describe this game.

I'm sorry but the game is very poor knifing is horrible the sub machine gun are like assault rifle, and please what's with the score streaks very lame

starbuckfrack

cwatz wrote:

Secondly the netcode feels just like mw3.  Instakilled before you even see people.

Third the maps are insanely small.  Combat is a sprayfest, people constantly spawn behind you, spawns flip, and you get spawnkilled.  They are horrible.

Fourth there is no skilled gunplay.  Almost all the guns are lazer beams, and have extremely high fire rates. Connection and rng dictate more gun battles than accuracy.

This game is literally a direct sequel to MW3 and sits right at the bottom of the cod series along with it.

BO and WaW were my favorite cods, so I had high hopes for this one, but it is a letdown in almost every fathomable area.

Why did you rush out to get it then without reading reviews and opinions on that thing called the internet.

cwatz

I was expecting issues when I went in.  I saw a lot of footage, read a lot of opinions (though as we know those can be all over the place), watched a bunch of streams.  I had a pretty good idea of what the game was going to be.

My mistake was assuming I would still be able to enjoy it.  I didn't think the issues would be as significant as they have turned out to be.