6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2012 5:40 AM by IHerpIMyIDerp RSS

Goodbye Mw3...Final comments...

rustygun

And so the final hours of mw3 are here. Will i miss it? Yes and no. I liked playing it but for me, it always had something missing, it just wasnt addictive. There werent enough comedy moments, and the maps were suited to one playstyle only...run n gun. Ok if youre a run n gunner. Assault rifles seemed redundant, even open spaces were filled with fire and smoke or some sort of haze to obstruct vision. Dont get me wrong, some of the standard maps were awesome like resistance, mission and seatown, but for me it was really only the dlc that stood out with maps like vortex which was classic cod. I just never adapted to the viscious pace which was a little too fast and uncontrollable. I think to anylize this into a nutshell i noticed that there wasnt one single map with good vantage points and a defendable room, all classic cod atributes. It was pointless to look out a window because you never saw anyone, they all overlooked fire, smoke and clutter and there was hardly ever traffic in that area. Ive never been shot in the back so often, spawns were too open and close. Personally i think infinity ward games are very good espiecially dlc but since cod 4 theyve lost the addictive factor for me...

• Re: Goodbye Mw3...Final comments...

Peace out camper.

Job well done, devs.

taymedown

In what world was this game designed for run and gunners? hahaha

Servers are broke anyway

CODNoob12

Im definitely not done with MW3. The last crop of maps are too much fun. Plus, when Blops2 starts getting hacked and modded all over, MW3 will bring a nice break from that.

nicedrewishfela

The crazy thing is, this game grew on me. I gave it up for the longest time, longer than any break I have ever taken from a CoD game. Made some changes when I came back, started playing on a Monitor rather than my 47" 3D LCD, and noticed an immediate difference.

I also need to know what it is that you are smoking when you say there is nowhere to camp on this game. For there being no camping spots, I certainly run into a lot of campers every match. The difference from MW2 is that there are more routes for attackers to take, and camper types have to be a lot smarter and more aware than they used to be. You try to lay down, you are not going to do so with impunity like in the past. That is a trend Black Ops started and MW3 continued, though not always successfully. Map design wasn't great in this game, but if you learn the maps you can figure out how to play each one. Like I said, they grew on me.

My biggest question is... Why did I finally start getting good at and enjoying this game at the end of it's life cycle?

IHerpIMyIDerp

They tweaked the matchmaking, might have made a difference. I haven't seen much change, but the lag was never really that bad for me, only once in a while.

Also, does anyone know if SledgeHammer made some of the maps? Because most of the DLC was cluttered and played like Downturn. I agree the original maps were great (aside from Downturn lol).